Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

racofer

Thread Incliner

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I did some changes to the display of the shitbox.
  • rooms with unread messages don't blink anymore (private conversations do, however)
  • unread status "indicators" are now gray and green (from green and red) for read and unread rooms, respectively
  • more compact and legible room selection aka tab bar
  • no useless header bar, tab bar is the new header bar -- only for full-sized chat (page and popup)
It's not quite irssi 0.8.5 but it's slightly less appalling.

Fireblade

Erudite
Minor nitpick that's still around: when viewing a post's ratings, on the "All" ratings tab...the first person listed looks good, but all the following people are missing any kind of top margin inside their box, so their text and rating icon are right up against the horizontal line.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
We're working on it. XF2 doesn't auto pull user info out like XF1 did, so we have to do some shit so it gets the fields we need. Which we can then check and disable ads.
Also pretty low prio one and I assume along the same lines, but I'm guessing some sort of stats function is on the todo list?
Yes.

Keeping in mind I've had a Codex todo list going on 20 years now. :smug:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I want my sexy Codex devil on the forum page, not just the home page. Also, along with the ignore stats page for each user, we need to bring back the post breakdown stats page with their top ten most brofisted posts.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
More nitpicking : on the forum the troll image on the top left overlaps the "home > etc" navigation bar :

grostroll.png

So I actually have to click on the lower part of the text to move around, else I'm being directed to the roll page. It is annoying.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Minor nitpick that's still around: when viewing a post's ratings, on the "All" ratings tab...the first person listed looks good, but all the following people are missing any kind of top margin inside their box, so their text and rating icon are right up against the horizontal line.
Should be mostly fixed in the popup and the ratings received profile page (hopefully without introducing regressions in the post's rating list and the rating menu). But ratings within the horizontal scroller are still somewhat misaligned vertically, and it's too involved to fully fix.
More nitpicking : on the forum the troll image on the top left overlaps the "home > etc" navigation bar :
Done.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Some things that are still bugging me:

Something is up with the rate button on mobile. If there is a link or picture right above it, it will click that every time instead of the rating button. Maybe it needs to be moved down a few pixels? It's definitely not because I'm fat fingering as I've tested the hell out of this one.

Editing quotes seems to work much better on mobile than desktop. You just hit backspace until the text and quote box are gone. On PC you have to delete the text and then press shift+backspace to delete the quote box, which is ultra retarded. I wouldn't have even figured that out if it hadn't been mentioned in this thread.

Fireblade

Erudite
Hitting the quoting button in the editor toolbar also works to get rid of a quote, don’t necessarily need to know about that shift+backspace thing.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Something is up with the rate button on mobile. If there is a link or picture right above it, it will click that every time instead of the rating button. Maybe it needs to be moved down a few pixels? It's definitely not because I'm fat fingering as I've tested the hell out of this one.
Link me to a post where that happens.
Editing quotes seems to work much better on mobile than desktop. You just hit backspace until the text and quote box are gone. On PC you have to delete the text and then press shift+backspace to delete the quote box, which is ultra retarded. I wouldn't have even figured that out if it hadn't been mentioned in this thread.
Fixing the editor in any serious capacity is a tough ask.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Link me to a post where that happens.
Here's a post I just found where it happens. When I touch the rating button the screen scrolls up a little and then opens the tweet in a new tab. If I close the tab and then try to press the button a second time it works fine. With that particular post it's inconsistent. I had to refresh the page a few times and scroll around a bit before trying to get it to happen. It's far most consistent with images. I would think it's my device except that it only happens on the codex and only with the rate button. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...ops-with-me-as-i-broke-it.135823/post-7995166
Fixing the editor in any serious capacity is a tough ask.
Yeah I wouldn't expect you to dive into that code. I just figured since it works the way you would expect on mobile there must be some kind of setting that was overlooked which could make it work the same way on desktop.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Post's ratings not being sorted by count is a slight inconvenience, you have to pause for a fraction of a second to know what's the general feel towards some of the posts.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Here's a post I just found where it happens. When I touch the rating button the screen scrolls up a little and then opens the tweet in a new tab. If I close the tab and then try to press the button a second time it works fine. With that particular post it's inconsistent. I had to refresh the page a few times and scroll around a bit before trying to get it to happen. It's far most consistent with images. I would think it's my device except that it only happens on the codex and only with the rate button. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...ops-with-me-as-i-broke-it.135823/post-7995166
See if anything improved now.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
See if anything improved now.
It happened to me again on the very first try this time

Grimlorn

Arcane
Alright, so now how's the rating bar and the rating menu?
Might be better if you could just click on a button on the rating bar to add to it, if possible. So if someone already has 3 or 4 ratings and someone wanted to just add a quick rating they could just click the one they like instead of it going to list. Then just have a "list" after the button bar to see ratings like on old forum.

Codex Year of the Donut
sometimes I can't delete quotes from the edit window and have to change to the raw BB code editor to remove them, is this a known issue?

trying to backspace them causes the following text to enter the quote itself

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Alright, so now how's the rating bar and the rating menu?
Might be better if you could just click on a button on the rating bar to add to it, if possible. So if someone already has 3 or 4 ratings and someone wanted to just add a quick rating they could just click the one they like instead of it going to list. Then just have a "list" after the button bar to see ratings like on old forum.
That is actually a good idea. Should be not too difficult to link the rating links to given ratings images either. And a 'list' link to the side to see who rated what.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom