Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Twiglard now the site's fugg'd again on mobile. The hover-ribbon's items are not aligned to the left, but slightly right of center so the rightmost item, search, is cut off. In fact the whole forum view is not adjusted to the screen, it's slightly too wide.
Good catch.

Semiurge

Cipher
Twiglard now the site's fugg'd again on mobile. The hover-ribbon's items are not aligned to the left, but slightly right of center so the rightmost item, search, is cut off. In fact the whole forum view is not adjusted to the screen, it's slightly too wide.
Good catch.

Also, the buttons could have some kind of descriptions in the list. Is there anyone here who remembers what all those Trump buttons mean? Right now you can look at the button's url, or open the image in a new tab to expose its description, but it shouldn't take any effort. Mobile browsing is frustrating enough as it is.

The Jester

Cipher
My eyes...MY FUCKING EYES!
bleach-eye.gif

Fireblade

Erudite
When viewing a post's ratings, the buttons along the right side of the "Members who reacted to message #..." box are mis-aligned vertically. Viewing the ratings on Ustad's post, a few posts up, is a good example of it. Seems to only happen when you're on the "All" page. Also, the "Wow" button looks hosed in that list, replaced with something completely different.

It might be that everything is mis-aligned, not just the buttons, there's no margin above usernames beyond the first one in the list etc.

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
When viewing a post's ratings, the buttons along the right side of the "Members who reacted to message #..." box are mis-aligned vertically.
Indeed they were.
Also, the "Wow" button looks hosed in that list, replaced with something completely different.
This has to do with how the button is defined by XF2 using .css directives rather than simply making it into an image (same as with the parrot and excited requiring fixups). But it's more hilarious than that NPC-approved button.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Currently the post ratings name is shown twice, looks a bit ass even though it's hardly worth mentioning.

I do prefer the tooltip right on the rating, instead of the one up top, even if it's completely out of the forums design, but certainly that can be fiddled with?

Attachments

• Twice.png
    Twice.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 43
Unwanted

†††

Patron
Let me go back to this thread: I know you guys won't change it if I ask for it, but I simply wanna know the rationale behind the button zooming on mouse hover. It makes rating even more cumbersome than it is now, specially if you accidentally hover on [citation needed] which occupies half the screen (I'm exaggerating here but almost) and hides all the buttons next to it.

Just wanna know the reason.

Semiurge

Cipher
It's the up-arrow button that appears in the bottom-right on mobile, which allows instant scrolling to the top of the page. It makes sense it should be accompanied by a down-arrow.

motherfucker

Educated
It's the up-arrow button that appears in the bottom-right on mobile, which allows instant scrolling to the top of the page...
...is fucking retarded because most phones already scroll to the top when you tap the top bar. Bottom-scroll is sorely needed, top-scroll is reduntant and shows how little whoever made this knows about mobile UI.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Let me go back to this thread: I know you guys won't change it if I ask for it, but I simply wanna know the rationale behind the button zooming on mouse hover. It makes rating even more cumbersome than it is now, specially if you accidentally hover on [citation needed] which occupies half the screen (I'm exaggerating here but almost) and hides all the buttons next to it.

Just wanna know the reason.
It's just a stock feature. Nobody except you seems to be bothered by it.

@Twiglard add a downarrow below the uparrow for instant scrolling.
I saw an option for that somewhere.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
It would be neat if you could give the same rating by just clicking on an existing one. Taluntain Twiglard could this be done? The problem is that then we need a different solution to see who has rated what. We could add an additional link next to the reactions for that.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

Yes, because when people don't say anything It's whatever you want to interpret into it. It's bothering me, it's just not that important. Also it's not like feedback seems overly relevant.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
I'm bothered too. Same deal: hovering over the wrong rating makes it hard to select the one next to it.

*taps on the keyboard*

Now, are you both happy with the compromise solution?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom