Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
How do you feel about changing the brofist icon to "Brofist" text on the bottom right?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How do you feel about changing the brofist icon to "Brofist" text on the bottom right?
The less text, the better. All text ("Quote", "Reply") should go, and the three share/report/bookmark buttons should all be hidden behind a small arrow or something.

EDIT: "Edit" and "Delete" in the top right corner look much better. Thank you, you're doing God's work.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw, this is how I would like the rating bar to look like, no borders whatsoever. The grouping of the numbers with the corresponding icons could be made a little tighter, but then it's easy to learn that the number belongs to the icon to the left.

And please un-clip the parrot! The parrot is important!

F87SETH.png

Semiurge

Cipher
The "forum" field in blue could be made much wider. Right now it's a little island surrounded by a sea of grey. The Die-troll should also be moved next to the forum field. These changes would look better on desktop.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm happy that the website background has been reverted to the old one. That being said, it currently cuts off way too early. Could we stretch it a little more?
1655205453307.png
Also, in the current format, if we place an image or smiley, we can't click past it. It auto clicks to the nearest text, which is pretty annoying.

EDIT: And please fix the width. So much room on the sides.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm happy that the website background has been reverted to the old one. That being said, it currently cuts off way too early. Could we stretch it a little more?
Also, in the current format, if we place an image or smiley, we can't click past it. It auto clicks to the nearest text, which is pretty annoying.

EDIT: And please fix the width. So much room on the sides.

Switch to the fixed width theme on the bottom left corner.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Holy shit, praise be to Twiglard! Honestly, with the fixed width and the old background back, everything is looking much better. Still improvements to be made, but I'm actually optimistic now.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Already enjoying the changes/improvements made over the last 24 hours, well done.

Still got the weird backspace issue where it sometimes removes an empty line. Its tilting as fuck.

If people keep complaining about reactions, just go back to the old system where there was only one reaction: The Brofist. It's the only reaction a prestigious forum like the codex needs.

All the other reactions that were added over the years only added spergs and autists (not the good kind) to the site that suck at actually using language to engage in arguments and discussion. If someone wants to call me a faggot or a cuck, they should do it to my face, not wait for me to go offline to click a reaction stating as much, without engaging in actual argument. What a bunch of beta crybabies.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
If people keep complaining about reactions, just go back to the old system where there was only one reaction: The Brofist. It's the only reaction a prestigious forum like the codex needs.

All the other reactions that were added over the years only added spergs and autists (not the good kind) to the site that suck at actually using language to engage in arguments and discussion. If someone wants to call me a faggot or a cuck, they should do it to my face, not wait for me to go offline to click a reaction stating as much, without engaging in actual argument. What a bunch of beta crybabies.
Negative ratings as a forum feature helped me a lot. Othewise there's no reliable feedback on what I said was particularly dumb. Without ratings people just scroll past dumb posts.
I think that new forum are less readable than the old one, I don't know what caused this. I zoomed the site to 120% and it's still less readable than the old one.
You're just used to the old layout. I get completely blocked during programming if the color scheme or font changes in a tiniest way.

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Negative ratings as a forum feature helped me a lot. Othewise there's no reliable feedback on what I said was particularly dumb. Without ratings people just scroll past dumb posts.

You're just used to reading it in the old layout. I get completely blocked during programming if the color scheme or font changes in a tiniest way.

Could you add a separator line between the pinned comments and the regular comments so there is a differentiation between the two?

You've done a really good job with this. It certainly looks a lot better then the old update version.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Thanks Twiglard for the fixed width style and thanks Tavar for his analysis and pointers

Edit: I think the fixed width style still uses the old font Twiglard is this intentional?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Edit: I think the fixed width style still uses the old font @Twiglard is this intentional?
It now uses the same everything as the parent style. Newly made changes are applied automatically.

And multiple users need thanks for precise complaints and attribution for the .css changes. I'll deal with it when more users are appeased out of their righteous anger (otherwise having contributed isn't something to be proud of).

Gargaune

Arcane
Switch to the full width version as per the bottom left corner. No more borders.
Oh, thank God!

Twiglard, the colour scheme is much better now, thank you! Just a couple of observations:
- the forum's Background image doesn't stretch to the screen width regardless of the layout used fixed now, that was quick!
- change the Quote shade as well and you're done with colours, the current #324155 has too much Cyan to fit with the rest, just go for the #353f55 you use for the bar separating posts
- hyperlinks are now underlined in the post body but they still have no visual indication in signature, dunno if by design

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom