Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda's showcase will be SHIT

Drakortha

Liturgist
Why? Because Bethesda are bedshitters. That's why.

Another year has gone by and in less than 24 hours another showcase from Bedshitter Softworks will be up on our screens. What will we see?

Well, of course all of our favorite Youtube shills have been doing the hard work informing us for months now that a New Vegas 2 is quite possible. You know, something that people tangibly want and have been asking for. And so this showcase is something you don't want to miss!

This is how pathetic they are to get people to watch their shitty showcase, where all they have to show is;

Fallout 76 that no Fallout fan wanted or will ever give a shit about, EVER.
Elder Scrolls Online that no Elder Scrolls fan wanted or will ever give a shit about, EVER.
Starfield that nobody at all wanted or will ever give a shit about, EVER.

"But you better tune into our next segment because there is a tiny tiny (smaller than a grain of sand) possibility we might hint that we are developing something that someone fucking wants and we won't shit the bed this time" ~ Bedshitter Softworks.

Last edited:

EtcEtcEtc

Savant
Fallout New Vegas 2! By Bethesda!

Plot: After the events of New Vegas, all the dudes from the East Coast come West - DC Super Mutants kill all those pussy ass NV mutants, also there's like 50 more Garys, you like gary right? Settlement building! Minutemen come, but this time they're rangers!

We got it all!

I'll still play it though.

When people say they want New Vegas 2, they're imagining a game that has the same strengths in design, writing and world building that made the original stand out compared to the Bethesda Fallout games. But Bethesda is not capable of making such a game. They never were, and the people at Obsidian who were are mostly gone now.

What we would get instead is a game with all the failings of Fallout 4, plus some new ones for good measure, only set in the Mojave.

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
Skyrim is great.
In the beginning (tutorial) you are a prisoner and travel on a horse drawn carriage.
The horse went to the house and we can't go any further.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Ignorance. They think the Obsidian of today is the same as the one that existed a decade ago.
The only person left is Sawyer and I really doubt he'd produce gold if Todd Howard was directly in control of him. We know that Todd is an idiot when it comes to writers hence why Fallout 4 came out out the way it did.
Who'd even want this lol.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Wait, there's no chance Obsidian is involved in a New Vegas 2, correct? Don't they already have a buttload of projects announced for a studio which is not that big in the first place?

If Bethesda is involved then things are even worse cause it means they are probably prioritizing this project ahead of Elder Scrolls 6. At that point I would suspect Elder Scrolls 6 becomes vaporware.

Angthoron

Arcane
Wait, there's no chance Obsidian is involved in a New Vegas 2, correct? Don't they already have a buttload of projects announced for a studio which is not that big in the first place?

If Bethesda is involved then things are even worse cause it means they are probably prioritizing this project ahead of Elder Scrolls 6. At that point I would suspect Elder Scrolls 6 becomes vaporware.
Oh noooooo

EtcEtcEtc

Savant

InExile.

I'd actually be up for that. Wasteland 3 was good.

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
I wish they make some new IP and groundbreaking game than. Maybe Fallout but in distant future,on another planet or something which they haven't done before like some horror RPG similar to Dead space.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Fallout 76 DLC, Elder Scrolls Online DLC, and Starfield. Bethesda shit the bed again, folks.

Now we can look forward to next year when they turn the hype up to 11 with Starfield DLC!! Whoa!!!

Don't surprise us or anything, Todd. Just keep doing what you're doing. Keeps expectations at rock bottom. Safer that way.

And can someone please tell Todd to stop wearing those bangle bead wristbands. It's cringe as fuck how he tries to present himself as some grounded cool dude who's on our level, man. Fuck off with that used car salesman bullshit!!

EtcEtcEtc

Savant
Bethesda and Microsoft won

Won what?
Who can spend the most money on marketing award.

Right? cause they didn't win E3, cause it don't exist anymore.

Also the whole concept of "winning" a game event by showing trailers for games, many of which are not even exclusive to Microsoft platforms - and any of which could turn out to be absolute ass - surely isn't still a thing right?

The only company that has "won" any of this shit in the last 15 years was when Sony put the nail in XBOX One's coffin by saying the PS4 would allow used games and not force you to be online. Everything else is just hype trailers for games that may suck, and also may not even exist in five years.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Man Carmack was so right leaving this :decline:-d mess behind its near unbelievable.

Fallout 76 that no Fallout fan wanted or will ever give a shit about, EVER.
Elder Scrolls Online that no Elder Scrolls fan wanted or will ever give a shit about, EVER.
Starfield that nobody at all wanted or will ever give a shit about, EVER.
On the plus side if it wasn't obvious by F76 that even F4 was a fluke in midst of
decline.png
now it will be glaringly obvious.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Guys, Bethesda will make shit. I *HATE* Bethesda. They ALWAYS make shit.

WHY?!? WHY DO THEY ALWAYS MAKE SHIT?!? I CAN'T *STAND* THESE GUYS!@ I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SO MANY YEARS FOR BETHESDA TO MAKE A GOOD GAME AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T! WGHY#!?

I HATE YOU TOFDF! SEND ME BAKC MY PANTIES< NOW!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom