Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Bethesda Threatens Minecraft Creator Over Scrolls Name

St. Toxic said:
I guess it is possible that Beth's retarded fanbase might actually buy Scrolls thinking that it has something to do with Elder scrolls. Weren't there complaints about people buying the Iply "Fallout Trilogy" thinking that it was Fallout 3?

Tbh in Trilogy's case FO3 had been released relatively recently and people naturally assume Trilogy means "1, 2 and 3" instead of "1, 2 and some spinoff - 3 not included".

It does mention "Tactics" on the cover, but it didn't help that FO3s enclave soldiers use a helmet almost identical to the one on FOT's cover.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder when Microsoft asks Vince to rename his game because they already have copyrighted "Age of..." :thumbsup:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
JarlFrank said:
I wonder when Microsoft asks Vince to rename his game because they already have copyrighted "Age of..." :thumbsup:
Maybe that's why it's called "The Age of Decadence".
ranceD.png

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Which is even worse because THE Age of Decadence implies that this is THE Age of Decadence, therefore THE "Age of..." game about Decadence, not just A game called Age of Decadence, therefore it's even worse name copyright infringement.

Coyote

Arcane
I'd like to take this moment to announce my upcoming game "The Edge Scrolls VI: Scientology".

P.S. Jarl, you're not thinking big enough. Why sue once for "Age of" when you can sue twice for "Age" and "of"? And you'd better believe that Tim Langdell's gonna get a piece of this action too; "Age" sounds pretty close to "Edge", after all.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Tbh in Trilogy's case FO3 had been released relatively recently and people naturally assume Trilogy means "1, 2 and 3" instead of "1, 2 and some spinoff - 3 not included".

It does mention "Tactics" on the cover, but it didn't help that FO3s enclave soldiers use a helmet almost identical to the one on FOT's cover.

A major dilemma for people who can't or won't read, I'll give you that. That cover reaffirms the point I was making, bluntly honest as it is about the contents of this supposed "trilogy", that only an imbecile might be tricked into buying it while expecting FO3 and that Bethesda is fully aware of what kind of people their games cater to.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Clockwork Knight said:
^too late, broyote. From Notch's twitter

TheWesterFront Fredrik Wester por notch

Given the PR value, I think our next game will be named Scrolls of Edge. Or Edge of Scrolls, whatever sound better.

The Edgy Scrolls: Morning Wind :troll:

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Bethesda Threatens Minecraft Creator Over Scrolls Name
C'mon people... If you look at the latest series of successes in court against the Caen-Bros-Phantom-Enterprise-Inc. you will simply have to admit this was the next logical step in keeping their property protected.

/sarkozy

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
JarlFrank said:
Clockwork Knight said:

Given the PR value, I think our next game will be named Scrolls of Edge. Or Edge of Scrolls, whatever sound better.

A Edgy Scroll: Tomorrow's Winds :troll:
Fixed? I tried my hardest to try to tack on some other appropriate game in, maybe you can do better on your turn, codex

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
M4BE1R0 said:
JarlFrank said:
Clockwork Knight said:

A Edgy Scroll: Tomorrow's Winds :troll:
Fixed? I tried my hardest to try to tack on some other appropriate game in, maybe you can do better on your turn, codex

It should be "An Edgy Scroll".

Then again, someone is bound to have grammatical errors in game titles copyrighted.

Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands
Perhaps the dev should change the name of the scrolls from "Scrolls" to "Cunts". The text could be hyperlinked to the Bethesda homepage.......

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
An odd situation when one equally hates both parties involved and pray that somehow they both lose plenty of money like the greedy subhuman one is, always delighting in the misery of other more interesting entities to break free from the prison that a small mind provides.

Though calling it a prison is misleading- it is home, inescapable as it is familiar and welcome.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Jasede said:
An odd situation when one equally hates both parties involved and pray that somehow they both lose plenty of money like the greedy subhuman one is, always delighting in the misery of other more interesting entities to break free from the prison that a small mind provides.

Though calling it a prison is misleading- it is home, inescapable as it is familiar and welcome.

wtf u r sick

Luzur

Good Sir
Cube Gay Mining Operation: The Block Romance Scrolls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom