Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Bethesda should pay Interplay millions for Fallout 3

mondblut

Arcane
So jewthesda now forbids Iply to sell the games it once created?

I wish them a painful death caused by "lost sales". :roll:

Silellak

Cipher
Wonder how THIS gem missed the front page:

17 In the original design of the game, you were actually able to drive Liberty Prime. You also did battle with a working and floating Rivet City.

It's not often that I can root for the blood sucking parasites. I hope the lawyers on both sides make millions while their respective companies make nothing.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I hope this is the last flailing attempt at survival by Interplay and they finally fucking die. Interplay is evil. They do not deserve to continue.

jiujitsu said:
I hope this is the last flailing attempt at survival by Interplay and they finally fucking die. Interplay is evil. They do not deserve to continue.

Is it not better to set evil against evil, rather then to let one evil reign supreme?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
In all likelihood they'll settle out of court, Interplay will continue to sell Fallout 1 and 2 regardless of the settlement, and Bethseda will continue to rape the franchise with new games.

Ausir

Arcane
Brother None said:
Ausir said:
No, since if they win, they revert to the original contract in which Bethesda had the rights to publish 3 Fallout games. So they'd still be able to publish New Vegas.

Hmmm? No. The original contract gave the right to produce and publish Fallout 3 and an option on Fallout 4 and 5. Those games and those games only. They'd have to rename New Vegas into Fallout 4 :P

Yeah, but renaming it wouldn't be much of a problem for them, would it? Or just make New Vegas a Fallout 3 expansion.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Silellak said:

17 In the original design of the game, you were actually able to drive Liberty Prime. You also did battle with a working and floating Rivet City.
Oh god...

Well, at least this shows they are able to curb their stupidity somewhat.

Gerrard

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
Silellak said:

Oh god...

Something tells me that the actual reason for the change was different. Like technical difficulties in making it work.

petethejoker2.gif

Silellak said:

Yes, that was the plan. It was mentioned in an interview some time ago.Here.

They wanted you to ride a giant mecha Prime (dude said he originally didn't want to make a transformers joke, at least conciously, so the robot would be gigantic), but in the end realized that you probably wouldn't be of much help up there (maybe you could try and shoot some guys, but it wasn't as fun as they thought it would be).

Not that the present Lib Prime needs help, either

Jarly said:
Yeah, it's actually good they decided to make more wasteland than city area. Hated the city with the rubble that you couldn't cross. It was so artificial and stupid.

Unstable rubble. I always thought of it as my character not wanting to risk being buried under concrete.

LARPing, keeping you sane since 19XX

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Clockwork Knight said:
LARPing, keeping you sane since 19XX

LARPing in Fallout 3 can only keep you sane if you LARP a Malkavian, because that's the only way anything makes sense at all. And then it still doesn't make sense but is explainable by you being batshit insane.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Dicksmoker said:
Silellak said:

Oh god...

They have replaced retarded sequence with just a little less retarded sequence but also changed it into a long and boring cut-scene where you just watch a robot fighting enemies that can't harm it. And you can't skip it.

Jim Cojones said:
They have replaced retarded sequence with just a little less retarded sequence but also changed it into a long and boring cut-scene where you just watch a robot fighting enemies that can't harm it. And you can't skip it.

I think you can run ahead of him to kill the dudes before he reaches them. He still needs to take down some barriers, iirc

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom