Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Bethesda - Returning to Oblivion?

Shannow

Waster of Time
Enhanced Edition

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
We're getting ready to do something else with Oblivion this year, because it is still selling and retards still like it.
fix

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Luzur said:
People will be able to go into a room and spam FIREBALL FIREBALL FIREBALL and see it from all crazy angles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

Ah, yes..... Man has come a long, long way.

Neanderthal_Man.jpg

Wild Slop

Arcane
Aren't they developing an MMORPG?

...though that would be elder scrolls as opposed to referring to oblivion.

Xerxos

Novice
Well, the right thing to do would be to take the best mods (e.g. a UI mod, a leveling mod, some of the graphic enhancement mods, some quest modes, FCOM, the landscape mods, open cities, some magic mod, etc.), merge it, make it stable, rebalance the difficulty and resell it as Oblivion enhanced/Oblivion reloaded.

With the right mods Oblivon can be a really nice dungeon crawler.

Luzur

Good Sir
TheSmilingDude said:
Major_Blackhart said:
What I dont get is how people actually eat this shit up.
Reminds me, I'm going to start up a thread very soon.

Dude, come on, remember this?

379px-Hitler_1928.jpg

whos the guy with the hat in the middle? the picture seems centered on him for some reason.

denizsi

Arcane
Bethesda is doing us a favor. If they had announced a new game from scratch; the development cycle, forum floods, false hopes; it would be Morrowind/Oblivion/Fallout 3 all over again.

Xi

Arcane
It's going to be the GotC edition. Game of the Century. They're just releasing it 90+ years early.

Hory

Erudite
poocolator said:
flabbyjack said:
Major_Blackhart said:
379px-Hitler_1928.jpg

Luzur said:
whos the guy with the hat in the middle? the picture seems centered on him for some reason.

That's a time traveller.

That's the guy behind it all...
Definitely looks like the brain behind Hitler, but if you look closely there's someone even shadier that's behind him.

Relayer71

Liturgist
They're remaking Morrowind with the Oblivion engine with the following additions:

1) Hiring over 30 QUALITY voice actors which will NOT include Wonder Woman & friends (other Beth actors).

2) Now with AC (Actual Content)! No more wandering around aimlessly PRETENDING you're playing.

3) Real artists/designers hired for facial models!

4) Dozens of tweaks to gameplay by a new Development team made up of TRUE ROLEPLAY AFICIONADOS who detest Oblivion!!!

Relayer71

Liturgist
zerotolerance said:
They are going to release an add-on which will give Oblivion a story!

denizsi said:
No, they are going to release an add-on which will give Oblivion a heart!

No, they are going to release an add-on which will give Oblivion a brain!

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Gragt said:
Black said:
You tell em Scrotus!
I will make you regret ever being born! You're going to wish you never left your mother's womb! Where it was warm! And safe! And wet!
You are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainbow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow!
rainbowo.gif

slipgate_angel

Scholar
So were never going to see a new Elder scrolls game? I was actually looking forward to seeing to how they would do a new entry in the series, not cling onto the dried up Oblivion tit.

Fuck Oblivion, I want a new Elder scrolls game.

Mnemon

Educated
Could that mean that Fallout 3 isn't selling as much and as quickly as expected? I.e. Marketing Guys assumimg that an Oblivion expansion might bring in more in the long run? Does anyone have a sales comparison between the two - i.e. how much Oblivion sold in the months straight after release compared to Fallout 3?

Mnemon said:
Could that mean that Fallout 3 isn't selling as much and as quickly as expected? I.e. Marketing Guys assumimg that an Oblivion expansion might bring in more in the long run? Does anyone have a sales comparison between the two - i.e. how much Oblivion sold in the months straight after release compared to Fallout 3?

That would suck, because as crappy as FO3 might be, Oblivion is so much worse that they aren't really in the same league...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I don't get that "57% of Oblivion" bit but the rest seems to say it sold better than Oblivion did in its first week in the UK. Though actual sales numbers in the first links suggest a few million copies are still sitting on shelves after the long-run.

Luzur

Good Sir
slipgate_angel said:
So were never going to see a new Elder scrolls game? I was actually looking forward to seeing to how they would do a new entry in the series, not cling onto the dried up Oblivion tit.

Fuck Oblivion, I want a new Elder scrolls game.

actually, they are doing a TES 5, how it will turn out, only the future will tell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom