Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bethesda, maker of the Fallout series!

Briosafreak

Augur
Drakron said:
That is why I pointed out in the forums published and/or developed by Interplay because there was no Black Isle in the time of Fallout, Black Isle was a division of Interplay and that Fallout:Tactics and Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel were both developed outside Interplay.

If you are previewing/reviewing something and you cannot get some facts right then your credibility goes out the window.

You did well on the forum, i saw that Drakon, but FoBoS and Tactics were indeed developed inside Interplay, on the Tactics side by 14 Degrees , the Interplay division that supervised the Microforte development of the game, and on FoBoS by the remnants of their console division , wich i thankfully don´t even remember the name.

Speaking of tactics if anyone wants to check how Chris Taylor is doing drop bythis place

Hey GreatAtlantic didn`t you get my pm?

tanjo

Novice
Meh. I like VD. He's almost like the Jon Stewart of RPG news.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Jaesun said:
1Editor's note: It has been brought to our attention an error in this preview; Bethesda Softworks did not publish the Fallout series. It was developed by Black Isle Studios and published by Interplay. Also, it was Looking Glass Studios that was responsible for Thief, not Lion Head Studios. Thank you to the many who have pointed this out. And once again, the Junkyard apologizes for these errors.

heh :lol:
Thanks. The news post has been updated.

Ausir

Arcane
Briosafreak said:
You did well on the forum, i saw that Drakon, but FoBoS and Tactics were indeed developed inside Interplay, on the Tactics side by 14 Degrees , the Interplay division that supervised the Microforte development of the game, and on FoBoS by the remnants of their console division , wich i thankfully don´t even remember the name.

While FOBOS was indeed developed by IPLY, 14 Degrees was no more a developer of FOT than Black Isle was of Baldur's Gate. And the console division was Digital Mayhem.

Speaking of tactics if anyone wants to check how Chris Taylor is doing drop by this place

W00t! The card on the front page is illustrated by Leon Boyarsky too! They also have Troika's Tom Decker and Fallout's Scott Everts.

Briosafreak

Augur
Ausir said:
While FOBOS was indeed developed by IPLY, 14 Degrees was no more a developer of FOT than Black Isle was of Baldur's Gate. And the console division was Digital Mayhem.

Tactics was a 14 East game developed by Microforte, with their supervision, i already said that. The last one too, ChrisT beeing sacked after that still bothers me until this day.

W00t! The card on the front page is illustrated by Leon Boyarsky too! They also have Troika's Tom Decker and Fallout's Scott Everts.

Yeah, Decker is a Fallout veteran too. Shame they don´t go to the forum as they did in the old days before the DB got corrupted somehow.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Section8 said:
He either got it wrong, or phrased it horribly, but he's apologised and moved on. Stupidity only becomes unforgivable if it turns a blind eye to fact.
Right so, the rest of the stuff in that preview then...?
l news any more exciting.[/quote]

Alternative titles for this news item:
  • Oblivion: Taking RPG immersion to the next level!
  • One blade skill in Oblivion allows true role-playing
  • Soil erosion sets Oblivion set apart from its predecessors
  • Oblivion: Unlimited Replayability!
  • Playing a mage is like, totally different to playing a fighter in Oblivion
  • Oblivion, it still looks nice.

Section8

Cipher

I put it down to perceptions. Given the article was posted on what seems like a Starsiege fan site that has evolved into something bigger, then there's a fair chance the guy who wrote it has a different gaming pedigree to those of us here. Which, in my eye, makes him "misinformed" rather than stupid.

Now if it were a large gaming publication, like the Gamespy network, Gamespot, IGN or whoever, then they *should* know better.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Note that two of those three you just mentioned - Gamespy and IGN, are now Murdoch.

So expect the same standard of commercial propaganda from them as the rest of his empire.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Chefe said:
I can't wait for Fallout 3: Revenge of the Mutants. I'm preparing my heavy artillery for when Bethesda announces just how exactly they raped it.
"For us, Fallout is about cruising the desert in a hot ride shooting mutants with a shotgun."

There won't be actual vehicular combat implemented, however. You'll have to get out of your car to fight. Naturally, you can't run over potential enemies. :wink:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Section8 said:

I put it down to perceptions. Given the article was posted on what seems like a Starsiege fan site that has evolved into something bigger, then there's a fair chance the guy who wrote it has a different gaming pedigree to those of us here. Which, in my eye, makes him "misinformed" rather than stupid.
A guy who comes on forums and posts something not entirely accurate is misinformed. A misinformed guy who decides to write a preview and share the misinformation with others is stupid. That's how I see it.

Not sure? Ask a fucking question. Don't write a fucking preview/review. Too stupid to feel unsure? Well.... my point exactly.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Claw said:
"For us, Fallout is about cruising the desert in a hot ride shooting mutants with a shotgun."

There won't be actual vehicular combat implemented, however. You'll have to get out of your car to fight. Naturally, you can't run over potential enemies. :wink:

lol

Don't forget that they're dropping the big guns weapon skill to hire the voice acting talents of Tim Allen. Who ever used big guns anyway?

LlamaGod

Cipher
Don't forget that they're dropping the big guns weapon skill to hire the voice acting talents of Tim Allen. Who ever used big guns anyway?

"JOIN. Die. Ruh ruh ruh ruh."

Section8

Cipher
A guy who comes on forums and posts something not entirely accurate is misinformed. A misinformed guy who decides to write a preview and share the misinformation with others is stupid. That's how I see it.

meh, fair enough. Maybe I'm just a big fucking carebear. :P

Ausir

Arcane
Tactics was a 14 East game developed by Microforte, with their supervision, i already said that.

Well, BG was also a "Black Isle game developed by BioWare", but I wouldn't say that it was developed inside Interplay because it was supervised by some BIS folks and had the BIS logo slapped on it.

Briosafreak

Augur
Ausir said:
Tactics was a 14 East game developed by Microforte, with their supervision, i already said that.

Well, BG was also a "Black Isle game developed by BioWare", but I wouldn't say that it was developed inside Interplay because it was supervised by some BIS folks and had the BIS logo slapped on it.

Well it was an inside project from Interplay, the Microforte guys first showed an RTS, the concept behind a Fallout tactical combat game and the guidelines came from Interplay and 14 East had a say in the development process, so i wouldn`t scrap them from the development process altogether.

Ausir

Arcane
I agree that they had some influence on the game, I just don't agree with the wording "developed inside Interplay" in the original post :).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom