Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda are mediocre

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I've been playing New Vegas, and the difference in the writing, quests, and so on, the actual creative parts of the game, are striking. Think about what Bethesda did. They bought an engine. They bought speed tree. They bought all of the actual technical parts of their game. They aren't qualified to make good video games. Their games are fan fiction. They use everything other people have creating, and with it they create something that's really stupid.

Murk

Arcane
I can't tell if this is some lazy attempt at subtle trolling/humor or if he just being candid at the risk of repeating what's more or less the common opinion...

DriacKin

Arbiter
9/10
Effective troll is effective.

All of the newfag trolls need to learn a lesson or two from KC.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
KC is the george w bush of rpgcodex, he's simple and funny and was succeeded by a black guy

racofer

Thread Incliner
kingcomrade said:
I've been playing New Vegas, and the difference in the writing, quests, and so on, the actual creative parts of the game, are striking. Think about what Bethesda did. They bought an engine. They bought speed tree. They bought all of the actual technical parts of their game. They aren't qualified to make good video games. Their games are fan fiction. They use everything other people have creating, and with it they create something that's really stupid.

I agree with you, camarada.

It's quite difficult to imagine what sort of developing methodologies the folks over at Bethesda use to come up with stuff like heart-shaped shades, wonky movement animations (which came straight from AP) and a hardcore mode which came straight from a user created mod for their previous game. What do they do? Increment that into their game and call it their own.

Fucking disgraceful.

Murk

Arcane
So is the new thing supposed to be that you're either pro-obsidian or anti-obsidian?

the jokes, they're just so subtle, I can't keep up with 'em ;(

Archibald

Arcane
Mikayel said:
So is the new thing supposed to be that you're either pro-obsidian or you die in a fire?

the jokes, they're just so subtle, I can't keep up with 'em ;(

Fixed :smug:

ironyuri

Jaesun said:
No, a simple permanent IP ban would suffice.

Excellent. When are you leaving? I want to throw a party. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think you should all leave. I'm the only worthwhile individual here.

Luzur

Good Sir
thats because they fired all the good people after Morrowind/Daggefall and giving the janitor a boss position.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
kingcomrade said:

It is of course unexplained how they could gain such a large following among the average gamer. The typical argument (graphics sell!) does not fly considering their games are butt fuck ugly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom