Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Beth vs Interplay Catfight Update

circ

Arcane
Ausir said:
Mastermind said:
Interplay winning won't make fallout 3 non-canon anymore than fallout 1 and 2 became non-canon when the license became bethesda's.

Except Bethesda had the rights to use all lore from Fallout 1 and 2, while even if Interplay wins, it won't be able to use any of the stuff created by Bethesda for Fallout 3 and by Obsidian for New Vegas.
I can live with that. GO HERVE!

Nael

Arcane
herostratus said:
Xor said:
Whoever wins, we lose.
That's awfully negative. Whoever loses, we win :thumbsup:

If you say so...

facehugger.jpg

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Notorious said:
Ausir said:
Can you leave the story about Prosper?

If IPLY wins, I won't be deleting anything, just marking it as non-canon. :)

Now I hope Interplay wins because then we could ignore all the bullshit that happened in F3 (Seriously there were more heavily armoured guys in the wastland than common folks)
Fuck yeah! Take the franchise away from Bethesda. Then maybe we can forget about all the mistakes made with Fallout 3, as well as the initial massive raping of Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel...oh wait.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
circ said:
Nothing wrong with Tactics.
Just compare it to JA2 (much older game) when it comes to the tactical RPG thingie (cNPCs, interaction with NPCs, mechanics) or even X-Com and Laser Squad (mechanics) and to Fallout when it comes to the setting (especially weapons, armour, vehicles, designs of various stuff, etc.) and you'll see that there is a lot of stuff that is wrong with Tactics.

Drakron

Arcane
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Just compare it to JA2 (much older game) when it comes to the tactical RPG thingie (cNPCs, interaction with NPCs, mechanics) or even X-Com and Laser Squad (mechanics) and to Fallout when it comes to the setting (especially weapons, armour, vehicles, designs of various stuff, etc.) and you'll see that there is a lot of stuff that is wrong with Tactics.

People would bitch either way, besides people main complain about Tactics was not about the game but rather it was not Fallout 3.

Also the dumbfucks that want this to return to Interplay ... Really? have you forget Brotherhood of Steel and since Tactics been mention, Brotherhood of Steel 2.

Oh and Caen will just sell it to the highest bidder, enjoy Call of Duty: Fallout or Mass Fallout ... of all the evils, Bethesda is by far the lesser one.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Drakron said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:

People would bitch either way, besides people main complain about Tactics was not about the game but rather it was not Fallout 3.

Also the dumbfucks that want this to return to Interplay ... Really? have you forget Brotherhood of Steel and since Tactics been mention, Brotherhood of Steel 2.

Oh and Caen will just sell it to the highest bidder, enjoy Call of Duty: Fallout or Mass Fallout ... of all the evils, Bethesda is by far the lesser one.

Actually...i wouldnt be phased by it.

But i really disliked how Bethsheda started fucking about with the contract, if all goes badly....such IP shitcockery (trading and IP humping in general) might be looked down at...WHICH IS A GOOD THING!

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Drakron said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:

So, the quality of the game mechanics and of the setting doesn't matter because... "people would bitch either way"?

Drakron said:
Who cares? Fallout is dead. Or are you some kind of a compulsive nerd that wants to live in the Fallout setting?

Tycn

Savant
Dicksmoker said:
Notorious said:
Ausir said:
Can you leave the story about Prosper?

If IPLY wins, I won't be deleting anything, just marking it as non-canon. :)

Now I hope Interplay wins because then we could ignore all the bullshit that happened in F3 (Seriously there were more heavily armoured guys in the wastland than common folks)
Fuck yeah! Take the franchise away from Bethesda. Then maybe we can forget about all the mistakes made with Fallout 3, as well as the initial massive raping of Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel...oh wait.
I hope Interplay wins so that Bethestards may too be reamed by the thick cock of franchise rape. Unless, heaven forbid, it's retarded enough that they actually enjoy it.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
herostratus said:
Xor said:
Whoever wins, we lose.
That's awfully negative. Whoever loses, we win :thumbsup:

If interplay wins, they'll sell the rights to someone else and the Fallout license will be raped anew. If Bethseda wins, they'll continue to release shitty sequels. My only hope is that reality breaks and Obsidian somehow ends up with the license since they seem to be the only ones who can turn out anything resembling a true sequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom