Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Total War Mods (from any/all entries in series)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
1) If you want wunderbar AI, don't play TW games. Period. Besides, you can play EB using the Alexander expansion's AI, which was considerably improved.

What kind of reasoning is this? The AI sucks but that's ok because the AI always sucks in TW games? Come on. Plenty of mods have drastically improved on vanilla AI. RTR and EB however don't.

2) The added layers of complexity of EB are somewhat of a clusterfuck at first, yes, but once you get into the spirit of things vanilla gameplay will seem rather bland in comparison. And yeah, the AI cheats. Oh noes. That is so unlike 99% of other games out there.

The AI cheats and is still a pushover. My point is that with EB you're more often working against all the added features than against any real opponent. Not my idea of fun.

3) The historical flavor and atmosphere is the best I've seen in any game/mod/whatever. Factions are not just different skins and units, they push you to entirely different gameplay decisions and indulge you in glorious fluffy detail so as to provide unmatched immurshun (which is a thing rarely achieved in vanilla TW game settings, save perhaps S:TW.)

Bullshit. At the end of the day you're still only deciding which building to make, what unit to recruit and where to send your general. Even with all the added baggage. TW games from Medieval 1 are fundamentally unsuited to have any real debt concerning the period in which they are set.

4) In contrast to the above, the vanilla setting of R:TW is positively nerd-rage inducing. Whereas in EB you get the feeling that you truly are playing out a small portion of antiquity, vanilla has you going through some seen-through-the-modern-man's-eye approximation/parody of it. (FFS. That game had so much historical wankery. I'm surprised they didn't give islamic kamikazes to "Egypt" and SAS units to whatever faction was in the british isles. Also, the gauls probably had cheese-eating surrender monkeys that were cut out for some aborted DLC scheme. At least they kept their fucking WARRIOR SHAMANS. yay) /fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

See the above.

Stalin said:
Trash said:
Then counter it with some fucking arguments.
erm people are ignoring you for a reason

And what's your fucking problem? Angry I dissed your fav mod? Oh noes. Piss off and grow up a little.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mods for Total War series? Hmm... here is my top 3 list:

1. Europa Barbarorum for Rome Total War
2. Broken Crescent for Medieval II Total War
3. Stainless Steel for Medieval II Total War

And there will be (probably, but we all know what happens to great plans) released two awesome mods for Medieval II Total War:
1. Dominion of the Sword for Medieval II Total War, which could be even better than EB
2. Europa Barbarorum II for Medieval II Total War, same period as in first one but the mod might be even more polished, I guess?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom