Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

lightbane

Arcane
All sci-fi clichés of the last 2 decades: The Indie Game (but now you're a fireman!)

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
akjbYvSzgkTwKkMUP3wBcBNcU8xTiOZT.jpg
I usually tend to favor Human, white, Barbarian (Hello Conan/Kull).

Caim

Arcane
So I went to the zoo today and saw parents who were in the running for the most dickish parents of the year award. Why? Because they brought their blind daughter.

Arthandas

Prophet
So I went to the zoo today and saw parents who were in the running for the most dickish parents of the year award. Why? Because they brought their blind daughter.
I see nothing wrong with that. Maybe they took her along because they couldn't leave her with anyone else? Maybe she wanted to go anyway? Maybe she's only partially blind? Maybe they wanted her to actually touch one of the animals under supervision (I'm sure zoo staff would make an exception)? In "Red Dragon" Francis Dolarhyde takes his completely blind girlfriend to a zoo and she has an opportunity to touch a lion under anaesthesia, feel his jaw and teeth and it was an amazing sensory experience for her...

I mean as long as their intention wasn't to let her wander off and fall into a pit of lions, I'm not sure they'd get very far in that award.
The animals at a zoo make funny noises and funny smells, and there are certain places where you can indeed touch some of them or feed them from your palm.

Caim

Arcane
Don't boast about this sort of shit until you have the project complete and ready to download, Nintendo doesn't take kindly to stuff like this.

Yeah, on their setup readme they say several times that they don't provide you with roms or Nintendo's assets, but that probably won't save them if Nintendo's lawyers are bored enough.

Meanwhile Sega is like "uuuuh you want to make a new Sonic? You woke me up for that?"

Caim

Arcane
Yeah, on their setup readme they say several times that they don't provide you with roms or Nintendo's assets, but that probably won't save them if Nintendo's lawyers are bored enough.

Meanwhile Sega is like "uuuuh you want to make a new Sonic? You woke me up for that?"
It doesn't matter if Nintendo has a legal leg to stand on, if they want you gone they're gone. Last time someone pissed off Nintendo he was turned into a debt slave who has to pay the big N 30% of his income for the rest of his life.

The Decline

Arcane

It doesn't matter if Nintendo has a legal leg to stand on, if they want you gone they're gone. Last time someone pissed off Nintendo he was turned into a debt slave who has to pay the big N 30% of his income for the rest of his life.

Was that the guy who made the Switch modchip?

Caim

Arcane

Was that the guy who made the Switch modchip?
Yep, Gary Bowser.

Arthandas

Prophet
Don't boast about this sort of shit until you have the project complete and ready to download, Nintendo doesn't take kindly to stuff like this.
Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past are completed. All decompilation projects are 100% legal (and there are many including GTA, Pokemon games, Mario, Sonic...), neither of them was shut down (even though they were covered in mainstream media like Kotaku) and Nintendo (and any other company) can't do shit about them.

It doesn't matter if Nintendo has a legal leg to stand on, if they want you gone they're gone.
Yeah, it does matter, that's why they weren't able to shut down a single emulator. RetroArch and 3DSen are even on Steam.
Last time someone pissed off Nintendo he was turned into a debt slave who has to pay the big N 30% of his income for the rest of his life.
The difference between doing something legal and clearly illegal...

Last edited:

Stokowski

Arcane
I'm never really sure what constitutes appropriate material for the self-proclaimed "Best Thread Ever" ... but I suspect this qualifies:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom