Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

DraQ

Arcane
Not sure if posted yet

atXHOfs.png
Simple, non-ableist solution - make this feature disable all the sounds on activation. Would pass as minor optimization too.
:troll:
Problem?

DraQ

Arcane
BTW: someone please post about my solution on official forums.

I find the marginalization of deaf evidenced by *forcing* them to spend processing power on feature they don't use (sound playback) horribly ableist and repugnant.
Do they have blind mode as well?

DraQ

Arcane
It's retarded that we can no longer post not just SJW stuff but stuff where SJW intrudes into game fiction mistaking it for reality or at least author endorsed ideals, and changing everything for the worse.

POLITICALLY CORRECT CODEX
>doesn't scale to your privilege

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's retarded that we can no longer post not just SJW stuff but stuff where SJW intrudes into game fiction mistaking it for reality or at least author endorsed ideals, and changing everything for the worse.
Just make another thread about it.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Not sure if posted yet

[master taffer's bullshit]

Now THIS is a Classic™ post. The combination of try-hard, minority-catering and lousy attempt at excusing bad game design is just priceless. That post pretty much sums up the official forums, if you've read it you've read everything there is to read. One of these days i remembered that post while i was on the shower and started to laugh. Then i facepalmed.

Thank you Dex for allowing me to post this without suffering ten infractions. Freedom of speech suck it Eidos.

TBH, they're actually in Jordan, but I couldn't pass up the CF reference. :M (Arabs still gonna Arab, though)
"This is your last warning. Our company is a lot bigger than your little youtube channel."

In b4 Cynical Brit gets fatwa of death.
Or culturally enriched, like cynical Britain is by joyful migrants.

In fairness, when I was in the UK, the only migrants who were blantantly anti-social and non-assilimating where my fellow Aussies. Fucking Australians in the UK - they all cluster in this Australian backpackers' ghetto of Earl's Court, only associate with other Australians, spend all their time in fucking Aussie theme pubs, don't work, don't learn the language as they keep on speaking Australian instead of the Queen's English, and are routinely drunk and obnoxious on the tube by 10am:).

The various Eastern European and Pakistani immigrants that I encountered were quite nice.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/19/sega-loses-shenmue-trademark-after-failing-to-use-it-report/

Sega loses Shenmue trademark after failing to use it – report
Wednesday, 19th February 2014 09:29 GMT By Dave Cook

Sega appears to have lost its trademark rights to Shenmue after a prolonged period of inactivity.

The Shenmue USPTO page reads, “Registration cancelled because registrant did not file an acceptable declaration under Section 8. To view all documents in this file, click on the Trademark Document Retrieval link at the top of this page.”

DualShockers adds that Section 8 of the Trademark Act applies to “continued use” and “excusable nonuse” of registered marks, giving trademark holders a window to prove that it is either still using the mark in question or has a good excuse for not using it.

This must be provided between the fifth and sixth years of the trademark’s life, and again during the ninth and tenth, but it appears that the Shenmue trademark – which was filed in 2002 – was not protected the second time.

It could mean that Sega has not provided enough evidence to show that it is still using the Shenmue trademark to warrant ownership, either that or it’s done with the series entirely. We’re still trying to get our heads around this one, and have contacted Sega for comment.

What do you think?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Not sure if posted yet

[master taffer's bullshit]

Now THIS is a Classic™ post. The combination of try-hard, minority-catering and lousy attempt at excusing bad game design is just priceless. That post pretty much sums up the official forums, if you've read it you've read everything there is to read. One of these days i remembered that post while i was on the shower and started to laugh. Then i facepalmed.

Thank you Dex for allowing me to post this without suffering ten infractions. Freedom of speech suck it Eidos.

*BZZZZZT* You are fined one credit for violating the Verbal Morality Statute.

EDIT: This "Flappy Bird" thing is going places.

Not in our good books, but places.

Flappy Bird + Another World = Another Bird.

http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/another-bird/22756/

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
A game called The Order: 1886 is coming out for PS4, in case you didn't know already. Admittedly I haven't actually researched it outside a couple screenshots and videos, because 1. I'm not getting a PS4 and 2. I really don't care about it. But from what I can see, it's one of the shitty "WALK FORWARDS A LOT AND SOMETIMES DO A QTE" style games that we can expect to see trillions of with the glorious next generation of videogames.

Anyway, here's an extract from some JewTube comments. Spoilered due to insane length. I've skilfully added MS Paint arrows to guide you through this labyrinth.
6xeu1t2.png

From this, we can learn:
The Last Of Us, as we all know, is truly one of the greatest games ever made.
We can't judge a game by a gameplay demo!
You have to make a videogame yourself before you can criticize videogames.
For a game to have a story, it must have no gameplay and be a "cinematic experience". There's no way to actually have a story and gameplay together.
Criticizing anything makes you a fanboy.
Criticizing anything is "entitlement", and it's bad to feel entitled to play a videogame when you buy a videogame.
League of Legends is bullshit!

'Game of a generation' is a phrase of such grand self-importance... the fact that it's parroted so often by fans of pretentious movie-games is pretty fitting in all honesty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom