Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
All that because John Romero's wife was called John Romero's wife instead of "legendary developer that wrote some stuff on the manual of Realms of Arkania and Wizardry 7" ?

Angthoron

Arcane
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/apr/15/yannis-mallat-ubisoft-interview

Ubisoft Montreal CEO talks about next-gen consoles, always online and about how consumers are actually ADHD-ridden sheeple.

Bonus track: The Guardian Best Seller List.

This week's bestsellers

1. 1. BioShock Infinite Limited Edition Strategy Guide £15.99
  2. 2. Sam 2010 Assessment, Training, and Projects V2.0 Printed Acc £36.00
  3. 3. Rough Guide to the Best iPhone and iPad Apps £3.99
  4. 4. Art of BioShock Infinite by Ken Levine £23.99
  5. 5. Who Owns the Future? by Jaron Lanier £14.00

Because you need to pay 16 GBP to be told to run forward and press buttan to shoots.

In fact, I'm almost interested to see how the writer managed to say this same thing over and over for ~100 pages or so.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
This week's bestsellers

1. 1. BioShock Infinite Limited Edition Strategy Guide £15.99
  2. 2. Sam 2010 Assessment, Training, and Projects V2.0 Printed Acc £36.00
  3. 3. Rough Guide to the Best iPhone and iPad Apps £3.99
  4. 4. Art of BioShock Infinite by Ken Levine £23.99
  5. 5. Who Owns the Future? by Jaron Lanier £14.00.
:hmmm:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Who owns the future, indeed.
kane.jpg

Cassidy

Arcane
Forsaking the benefits of posting any crap under an alias in an Internet Forum inevitably leads to that. Throw your real name when trolling, then end 100x more butthurt plus unemployed in real life. Twitards are really retarded.

Stupid people can easily forget what they are putting in check by writing whatever they want with their Dox willingly given in those retarded "social networks".

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

Gelbvieh

Educated
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Ubisoft Montreal CEO: “Audience is ready” for always-online consoles

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/ubisoft-montreal-ceo-audience-is-ready-for-always-online-consoles/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: arstechnica/index (Ars Technica - All content)
My body is ready.
Yannis Mallat said:
"As soon as players don't have to worry [about their online connection], they will only take into account the benefits that those services bring," he said. "And I agree, these services need to provide clear benefits. It's important to be able to provide direct connections between us and our consumers. Whether that's extra content or online services, a lot of successful games have that."

I'm not sure what's changed to make my internet more stable, but I suppose if I'm getting "benefits" that's OK. Ars don't understand what he means by benefits either. Real-time leaderboards for CoD singleplayer, woo! Finally I can share my headshots with grandma's Facebook automatically!
Finally I share in the glory of always-online DRM.

Gelbvieh

Educated
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tbh, not like I'm gonna buy the thing anyway so meh. Consoletards gonna consoletard.
I'm afraid of how much more justifiable they would feel this system was for PCs if it had been implemented elsewhere already, though.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm fairly sure there's a pretty large group of gamers who are not ready for always-online, and they're going to make a lot of noise and punish MS hard in the propaganda war vs Sony.

Cassidy

Arcane
But Playstation 4 will be always online too!

There is only one platform where you still can play games free from this shit.

:obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom