Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Texas Red

Whiner
Nicolai, youre a big comic fan, eh? That art is darn disturbing though. It gives me the chills.

Relien

Scholar
So, on the occasion of the coming pagecount anniversary of this thread, let's settle the true purpose of The Best Thread Ever series. I present the following options:
  1. They're some kind of a voluntary retardo island
  2. They're unwanted bastard slips of the General Discussion section of this forum
  3. They will serve as a time measurement system for the oncoming Great History Of The Codex - their part number, pagecount and postcount will serve the roles of analogies to the era, year and day respectively

SlavemasterT

Arcane
KreideBein said:
Nico's comics are better than the rest of this thread combined. Give us more!

Oh, and WTF.
Hey, where have you been, KB? Starcraft just hasn't been the same without a gibbering compulsive turtler to kill on occasion...

KreideBein

Scholar
SlavemasterT said:
KreideBein said:
Nico's comics are better than the rest of this thread combined. Give us more!

Oh, and WTF.
Hey, where have you been, KB? Starcraft just hasn't been the same without a gibbering compulsive turtler to kill on occasion...

I've been honing my camping skills in Stalker.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
kerouacaw5.jpg

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
The Walkin' Dude said:
Nicolai, youre a big comic fan, eh? That art is darn disturbing though. It gives me the chills.

Sure, I have been known to read a few comics every once in a while. There's a lot of good stuff out there, but it takes a trained eye to separate the gold from the muck; you'll have to wade through massive amounts of superhero crap to get at the interesting stuff.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stargazey said:
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?&showtopic=658868&mode=show&st=0

Halo won over Fallout 2 and PS:T and FF7 and Deus Ex... that's when we know that there are ONLY retards in the ESF.

At least Oblivion was not voted to be the best Elder Scrolls game ever. And Fallout got some votes for the best game series ever. So not all sanity there is lost [I bet Fallout only got voted for that because FO3 is going to be made by Beth.]

sqeecoo

Arcane
Nicolai said:
Sure, I have been known to read a few comics every once in a while. There's a lot of good stuff out there, but it takes a trained eye to separate the gold from the muck; you'll have to wade through massive amounts of superhero crap to get at the interesting stuff.

That's why I never really read comics, except maybe nathan never. Could you recommend a few? That post-apocalyptic one looks interesting, what's it called?

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Sure.

Limited series and graphic novels:
* Oink - Heaven's Butcher and Oink - Blood & Circus (The one with the anthropomorphic pig) by John Mueller
* The Hunting Party, the Nikopol trilogy, Memories (a TPB collecting a lot of his early works), The Dormant Beast, The Black Order Brigade and 32. December by Enki Bilal (The Dormant Beast and 32. December are part of an ongoing tetralogy. The third album has yet to be translated to English)
* The Other Side - Vertigo mini-series about Vietnam
* Pretty much anything by Garth Ennis (Adventures in the Rifle Brigade and AitRB: Operation Bollock, True Faith, Fury, Unknown Soldier, and so on)
* The Alan Moore essentials: From Hell, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, V for Vendetta and Watchmen
* Some of Frank Miller's stuff: Sin City, 300, Hardboiled
* The Filth and The Invisibles by Grant Morrison
* Warren Ellis has some good stuff as well: Ruins, Fell (ongoing), Strange Killings (a series of mini-series), Bad World, etc
* I Am Legend (comic adaption of Matheson's novel)
* Weird War Tales (The classic series remade, Vertigo style)
* Druuna by Paolo Serpieri ( The most horrible comic this side of Italy. Hilariously awkward sleazefest with a sprinkling of post-apoc goodness. -> Unintentionally hilarious Italian comic d'erotique. It's set on this gargantuan spaceship where the central computer has gone haywire and turned parts of the ship into a post-apocalyptic wasteland inhabited by all kinds of horrible monsters. Wackiness ensues.)
* Anything by Humanoids Publishing.
* I'll recommend some more obscure stuff later, ADOM is getting lonely.

Series:
* Garth Ennis - Preacher and The Punisher (v3 - present + various specials)
* Warren Ellis - Transmetropolitan (Hunter S. Thompson meets CYBERPUNK)
* Dave Sim's Cerebus (#25 ->)
* The Exterminators
* Loveless
* Fables
* Heavy Metal (Pretty funky anthology series. Mixed bag)

That should get you going

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The best Oblivion review (posted in full. Yes, in full.):
http://rr.wireless.ign.com/rrview/wirel ... 989/62350/

April 10, 2007 - Okay, what I said about Patrick Stewart may not be true, but I thought it was really cool that they got him in the game. I am curious how much they paid him to do that though...

I don't mean to single out anyone, but I absolutely hate it when people play and review a game and don't give it a chance *eyes low score review*. Oblivion is my second favorite RPG to date (Fable's my first). You can do anything you want in that game. I simply did all the achievements and the storyline, which still took me a good six to eight days to accomplish, not counting the fact that I drooled over the amazing graphics.

One of the most frustrating things, though, is that it takes you twenty boring minutes to get you from one place to another if you haven't discovered it yet. Another thing is that some parts (I can tell) are for higher leveled people and yet I was still able to get there. A level five shouldn't be able to get into a cave filled with level twenty scamps.

Overall, Oblivion is one of the best RPG's ever made. Visually breathtaking, kick-ass action, and aweosme gameplay, Oblivion is a game you must (at the very least) borrow from your friend and never give back.

9.0 Presentation
Thank god for E3.

10.0 Graphics
I need a bib for every time I play this game...*drools*

9.0 Sound
Patrick Stewart did a great job (he always does), but it sometimes played the action music when there was no enemies around.

9.0 Gameplay
Pressing R over and over again has never been more rewarding.

10.0 Lasting Appeal
I wanted to come back for more until there was no more, so I created some more.

9.8 OVERALL

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What, no. It's just that posting THE GAME THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED-reviews is pretty much spam. But then again, it's a spam-thread.

Also, kittens.

I am curious how much they paid him to do that though...
Why would people think that Patrick Stewart is expensive? He's in a lot of shit, and random TV shows. The allowance to bask in the genius that is Todd Howard is probably enough payment alone.

Texas Red

Whiner
sportforredneck said:
I am curious how much they paid him to do that though...
Why would people think that Patrick Stewart is expensive? He's in a lot of shit, and random TV shows. The allowance to bask in the genius that is Todd Howard is probably enough payment alone.

The last time I saw him was on some English TV series where he apparently played himself and had a huge lesbian fetish.

The Walkin' Dude said:
The last time I saw him was on some English TV series where he apparently played himself and had a huge lesbian fetish.

That may have been Extras.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom