Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Imagine a battle royale but with mechas in a post-apocalyptic world.

Bocian

Arcane
https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/final-fantasy-xv-skin-pack-out-now

Final Fantasy XV Skin Pack out now

incline.png

Live streams? Fuck no. At best, you can get someone playing maybe a shooter, someone who knows all the levels, the secrets and is actually good so they go around blasting everything and getting to the end of a level fast. Watching someone who is new to the game is generally horror. I've watched a bit some guy play Dark Souls and Bloodborne. He was actually quite good at them as he was coming from Dark Souls 3, but God the streams were terrible. Neither BB or DaS are necessarily games to be played at snail pace, but one shouldn't rush through them. In an image or prerecorded LP you could take your time, in a live stream you have to keep the short attention span monkeys entertained by always moving forwards, always progressing even if you just rush through areas or miss important stuff. For example, the guy I was watching, for example, missed two very obvious armor sets in Bloodborne because he was blowing through areas and missed almost all but 2 of the upgrades for his Estus in DaS, again for the same reason.

If you can miss upgrades and still progress, they weren't that important then :M

There are a few I watch consistently (I post clips on the random videos thread sometimes), one sometimes plays fortnite which I don't really give a shit about but I still tune on because he talks about music/movies/general gaming/etc, so it's fun to have on while you're doing other stuff, looking at the screen when something funny happens, and with weird/less popular games it's a chance to talk with others in the chat about them (Bad Mojo was pretty entertaining with everyone trying to understand what the hell was going on and how to progress). I watched some of the Ninja/Drake stream, he's really good so presumably it was great for players trying to get better at it, but I lost interest quickly since it was just them playing normally and grunting directions to each other, and the enemies were apparently just randos. (chat was an unreadable blur of emotes)

Seeing someone's first reactions to a game you know well can be fun, too. It's the closest you can get to a fresh experience. Just gotta control your urge to teach them how to play "correctly" if they're not specifically asking for hints.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
British industrual designer and pioneer in computer designs Rick Dickinson passed away earlier this week.

He was the in-house industrial designer at Sinclair Research in the early 1980s, meaning he had a huge hand in designing the ZX80, the ZX81, ZX Spectrum and Spectrum QL.

You know, these things:

330px-ZX80.jpg

330px-Sinclair-ZX81.jpg

330px-ZXSpectrum48k.jpg

He later designed the Lensman portable field microscope, as well as the first concept designs for a broadband phone and the first GSM phone, as well as the Gizmondo portable console.

In more recent years he was involved with updating his Spectrum designs for the modern era, as well as making a wireless system for fetal heart monitors.

:salute::salute::salute:

Interesting document about the Command & Conquer series.

This is probably the shittiest game documentary kind of video I've ever watched. It is literally a compilation of release notes and cherry picked pr quotes with nothing interesting said about the games. It is like a reality tv approach to video game memory lane. It has absolutely 0 interesting things to say. The tetris documentary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fQtxKmgJC8) for example is a pure work of art compared to this history channel lookalike trash. Just awful.

Modron

Arcane
Does that fucking say NCR on the side of his body armor?
I think the gamebryo Fallout encumbrance sign should have clued you into the fact that yes that guy is referring to Fallout and more specifically probably New Vegas given the NCR branding.

T. Reich

Arcane
I think the gamebryo Fallout encumbrance sign should have clued you into the fact that yes that guy is referring to Fallout and more specifically probably New Vegas given the NCR branding.

The biggest tip-off that it's a FONV cosplay is that he has big iron on his hip.:roll:

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Did not see that until after I posted. Still, too much body armor for an NCR soldier, completely unrealistic.
Can't be FONV, he's not wearing the 1st Recon Beret.
Maybe a courier stole it from him?

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Same concept as muscle, harder to get at the important bits. Besides, I meant the chestplate itself. NCR standard issue gear is just a few layers of leather at best, with a shitty thin leather breastplate. Even the neon sign mans vest is higher quality than the standard loadout kit of your average NCR grunt.

T. Reich

Arcane
Inb4 he murdered an NCR patrol and stole their uniform, because he's actually one of the Caesar's dawgs. Just as a wolf in sheep's clothing, he's hiding in plain sight, waiting until the opportunity presents itself to strike at the profligates. To pile body upon body.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom