Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Thane Solus

Arcane
Mack is quite funny and on point many times, but of course like any gamer he has some shit taste in some games. Now compared to your average youtuber he is quite good, because he has a decent gaming culture. He usually right and funny, but they are many times when i dont agree with him.

Trolling DarkSouls 1-3 and Twitcher was great tho. Those POS games... (POS because they are praised too much, when in reality they are barely mediocre on gameplay, but since average gamers have no gaming culture, they are 11/10).

Heil Hitler :

Last edited:

Thane Solus

Arcane
Seems that "any" gaming culture is considered "decent" nowadays.

So a youtuber that played and loved, understood Thief, System Shock, Jedi Academy vs Twicher 3, Mass Errect and Dragon Age is "any". Yeah you got me right here "the fuck?" ... Codex, getting worse each year until it reaches Exterminatus from orbit status.

And is not that my opinion is wrong or right, or subjective, is that most of you guys dont even manage to produce arguments to sustain your shit taste in everything these days. "You dont like Dark Souls 3? You suck! Thanks DU for shit icon, now i can really put my arguments there." oh yeah i am sad that i lost another quality person to discuss with on a gaming "whorum" that thinks is superior, but is filled with the same garbage triple A games and dumb movies topics just like the others + a lot of shitposting thats entertaining, sometimes...

Meh.... i am gona trigger the same retards again, good for a .txt if you need one:)))

:hearnoevil:

DramaticPopcorn

So a youtuber that played and loved, understood Thief, System Shock, Jedi Academy vs Twicher 3, Mass Errect and Dragon Age is "any". Yeah you got me right here "the fuck?" ... Codex, getting worse each year until it reaches Exterminatus from orbit status.

And is not that my opinion is wrong or right, or subjective, is that most of you guys dont even manage to produce arguments to sustain your shit taste in everything these days. "You dont like Dark Souls 3? You suck! Thanks DU for shit icon, now i can really put my arguments there." oh yeah i am sad that i lost another quality person to discuss with on a gaming "whorum" that thinks is superior, but is filled with the same garbage triple A games and dumb movies topics just like the others + a lot of shitposting thats entertaining, sometimes...

Meh.... i am gona trigger the same retards again, good for a .txt if you need one:)))

:hearnoevil:
What the fuck does the phrase "his gaming culture" mean, you goddamn aspie?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
So a youtuber that played and loved, understood Thief, System Shock, Jedi Academy vs Twicher 3, Mass Errect and Dragon Age is "any".

Yeah. Compared to the average YouTuber.

Let's say he would come in here and post. He would clearly show he knows a thing or two about a few games, but then inevitably would demonstrate a lack of "gaming culture" in some Codex Critical field (like RPGs in general) and end up getting reamed.

One can also put forth the question whether he only knows titles from 10+ years ago plus a few other choice titles from 15+ years ago, or whether he's purposefully choosing those examples to appeal to his target demographic.

The truth of the matter is that we here on the Codex have become a little spoiled when it comes to "gaming culture" - there are plenty of posters around to flood the discussion with their various cultures. So there's a slight air of disbelief when a YouTuber (of all people) shows some...even if it's just a little.

His gaming "cred" is highly suspect. He claims to have been a pro Quake player yet he's absolute shit at FPS and no one has heard of him. Just a newfag pretending to be hardcore on youtube, because its trendy to shit on modern games while recommending them anyway 11/10 GOTY.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For sullynathan

The "include paid promotion" wasn't there when the video was uploaded. He also banned everyone that called him out on it. Check the comments. Lots of "woe is me", I have to do this because otherwise I would starve and such.

Thane Solus

Arcane
When i saw it, it said sponsored in the description, and now has an overlay. I cant defend him on this (due to him not saying sponsored in the video), i just hope for him that it wont do this shit again. I cant say i like him that much (dont remember that i really like a lot a yshiter), but i do enjoy some of his videos and lets plays from his Mack channel.
:shitandpiss:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
For sullynathan

The "include paid promotion" wasn't there when the video was uploaded. He also banned everyone that called him out on it. Check the comments. Lots of "woe is me", I have to do this because otherwise I would starve and such.

it doesn't get worse than this and to think Codexers were defending him. :negative:

Well, I was wrong, fuck worth a buy and behead him!

:killitwithfire::timetoburn::flamesaw::imperialscum:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm not gonna call for the beheading of a YouTuber if he's trying to make (more) money off of his channel, but becoming a shill and then denying it is a pretty dick thing to do.

YouTubers have an awesome advantage in easy and direct communications with their fanbase, so the last thing a YT'er should do is piss off the fanbase.

pippin

The "let's pretend I'm right wing" model of business isn't as successful as before, so he's trying to be a normal youtuber now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom