Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Best of the Worst is great, aside from the Wheel of the Worst episodes.
Wheel of the Worst is inherently a game of chance. Sometimes it's absolutely amazing (i.e. the ones where they watch Shoji Tabuchi Show, SOS, and that weird therapist clown), while others are just dull because they didn't land on any really funny videos and are just watching boring shit, which is the worst kind of bad video.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
4jw4ug.jpg

:what:
Is it already playable?

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They regularly release an updated alpha/beta version of it (or at least they used to, haven't really bothered with it in a while). Basically you own a farm where you breed monsters and sell them off to patrons, with some having special requests for stats and shit. Unless they really added to the game in the last year or so I can't imagine why people would be giving them that much money, it's a fairly simple and straightforward game without much to it.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
There is also SF Debris, who makes funny reviews of a wide variety of speculative fiction stuff. Almost all of his stuff is currently off the internet right now, though, because Blip shut down and he was using that to get around all of YouTube's shitty copyright claims.

Regardless, he is somewhat in the vein of RedLetterMedia, but more frequent and more eloquent, and sometimes funnier. Here is his Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/sfdebris

Drax

Arcane
There is also SF Debris, who makes funny reviews of a wide variety of speculative fiction stuff. Almost all of his stuff is currently off the internet right now, though, because Blip shut down and he was using that to get around all of YouTube's shitty copyright claims.

Regardless, he is somewhat in the vein of RedLetterMedia, but more frequent and more eloquent, and sometimes funnier. Here is his Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/sfdebris
SFDebris is a bro. His ST Voyager commentary videos are the best I've seen out there.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Imgur? Onedrive? Google Drive? There are various free options out there, the latter being surprisingly lenient when it comes to bandwidth. Dropbox is total shit if you need to host high-traffic files, I think their daily bandwidth limit is only 10gb which is bad if you're hosting many images online.

Yeah, RK47 is still doing LPs so I think he's gotten over it.

You can still give him your money, though!

Cadmus

Arcane
I wanted to make sure that I'm not selling TotalBiscuit short when thinking he's a popamole fucktard so I watched a video of him explaining how he picks games for his reviews :
some key points how to make TB play your game:
  • send him 300 emails with big red letters saying YOUR GAME KEY IS HERE, CLICK ME, he doesn't have the time to read his e-mails and care about bullshit like what's the game about or something
  • name the game something like HOLY SHIT VAMPIRE MARINE SLAYER IN SPACE because he doesn't like choosing the games based on more than 3 seconds glance at the Steam store, it must stand out based on the title already
  • he doesn't have time to actually play the games, they better be for one afternoon playthrough or episodic because he can't afford to put any effort into his reviews, that's not what the consumers he's advocating for want
  • send the game key to his clique of friends and if he sees them playing it, he might cover it
  • he mentions one game put him straight into a combat scenario without a proper tutorial so he alt+F4'd it immediately - NEVER EVER PUT A BARRIER TO ENTRY IN YOUR GAMES, LIKE STUFF THE PLAYER NEEDS TO THINK ABOUT, HE NEEDS TO BE HOOKED ON THE GAME 3 SECONDS MAX FROM CLICKING THE ICON
  • it must already be popular on Steam or have a good word of mouth so that he gets better revenue from the video
There's some more, but this is the gist of it.
Remember kids, the edgy grandpa TotalBiscuit is no better than a kotaku writer with a webcamera. What an asshole loser idiot.

Thane Solus

Arcane
I wanted to make sure that I'm not selling TotalBiscuit short when thinking he's a popamole fucktard so I watched a video of him explaining how he picks games for his reviews :
some key points how to make TB play your game:
  • send him 300 emails with big red letters saying YOUR GAME KEY IS HERE, CLICK ME, he doesn't have the time to read his e-mails and care about bullshit like what's the game about or something
  • name the game something like HOLY SHIT VAMPIRE MARINE SLAYER IN SPACE because he doesn't like choosing the games based on more than 3 seconds glance at the Steam store, it must stand out based on the title already
  • he doesn't have time to actually play the games, they better be for one afternoon playthrough or episodic because he can't afford to put any effort into his reviews, that's not what the consumers he's advocating for want
  • send the game key to his clique of friends and if he sees them playing it, he might cover it
  • he mentions one game put him straight into a combat scenario without a proper tutorial so he alt+F4'd it immediately - NEVER EVER PUT A BARRIER TO ENTRY IN YOUR GAMES, LIKE STUFF THE PLAYER NEEDS TO THINK ABOUT, HE NEEDS TO BE HOOKED ON THE GAME 3 SECONDS MAX FROM CLICKING THE ICON
There's some more, but this is the gist of it.
Remember kids, the edgy grandpa TotalBiscuit is no better than a kotaku writer with a webcamera. What an asshole loser idiot.

He had some decent reviews/videos during his "career", now i consider him IGN II, or pewpewdie for ze PC console ports generation.

My one stop when i want some fun or some real review of a game, not always, but he is mostly spot on 70% for me, is Mack: https://www.youtube.com/user/Worthabuyguys the only guy that has the balls, to trash games like MGS 5(fuck you all that like this piece of shit series, its not a game, never was. Fuck, i remember MGS 3, what a huge garbage, those controls and camera, with 3 hours of B movie scripts cutscenes), linear coridor piece of shit named for hardcore console fans Dark Garbage I (like the gothic setting, and thats about it) and twichter with the most awesome combat ever made. Basically all the piece of shit games praised on codex:)))

And he also has lets play channel, and this one is probably the most funny lets play ive seen:

Lucky

Arcane
Pretty annoying that you still can't browse Patreon very well. These two sites work pretty well, instead:
http://www.pledgesociety.com/
http://graphtreon.com/

The second has graphs of the number of pledges for the different projects over time. Interestingly enough, that Breeding Season patreon has seen a steady decrease in the average amount pledge, but a sharp increase in the amount of people that pledge, while Redlettermedia has something similar, but at a much slow pace. Would be curious to see if this continues, because that would suggest that the patreon userbase is changing somewhat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom