Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Well hey, guess whose back!
Guess who's back.

grammar-nazi-wikipedia-1854844.jpeg

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The dev who wrote the threads doesn't work for the company anymore.
Huh

http://www.pcgamesn.com/paranautica...ned-to-smite-gabe-newell-is-now-back-on-steam

But it wasn't until the rights to the game were entirely sold off to Digerati Distribution that Paranautical Activity could, today, find itself back on the Steam store.

Well that's a bit of a downer; dev company puts their heart and soul into a game, only to have to sell it to another distribution company because one of the biggest digital distributors out there refuses to deal with them because of the stupidity of one man.

At least it'll teach other people that twitter's no excuse to behave like a degenerate.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, not to be an asshole, but I had the same impression. "Our life is hell, everything is going wrong, can't get a stable job... better have a 5th child then!"

Seriously, even with a stable job raising 5 kids would be a financial suicide. And if you're having so much trouble finding a job with your skillset, you might want to consider learning some new stuff.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yeah, not to be an asshole, but I had the same impression. "Our life is hell, everything is going wrong, can't get a stable job... better have a 5th child then!"

Seriously, even with a stable job raising 5 kids would be a financial suicide. And if you're having so much trouble finding a job with your skillset, you might want to consider learning some new stuff.

Idiocracy - a comedy rapidly turning into a documentary.

(Not dissing you, but the example you named.)

profreshinal

Arcane
5,000 Miles Away
I was hired by this huge studio in early 2014 to work as a Game Designer on one of their free-to-play titles. They recruited me because they wanted someone to help revamp the game to make it profitable again. The recruitment was very fast: there was a single interview, and the next day, I was informed they wanted me to fill the spot.

This is a typical end-of-line scenario for periodic content type games. The team gets gradually relocated to other projects and once the last designer leaves someone enthusiastic but with no knowledge of the game and comes from outside the company gets offered the job. The new designer's purpose is just to appease the consumerbase so they keep spending and any delays will be explained by the new dev that is still getting familiar. Then the games "suddenly" closes due to a change in priorities in the company or w/e.

Gondolin

Arcane

But if you don't have five children, how will Western civilization survive? Every time you have recreational sex, baby Higher Game cries. In a female anus.

Last edited:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I can't believe Casavir and Bishop have fans. I saw a video before with both Casavir and the gnome bard in the players group. Some sick people around...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom