Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

KzNfc.jpg

http://www.gamesradar.com/dragon-age-inquisition-review/

Sounds wonderful... too bad it's so long!

Sometimes I wonder about the designers of these video game epics: who's their target demographic? I mean, I used to think it was me: right age (if wrong gender), employed. Disposable income.

But that also means: I work, I have a backlog of about 30 games (including other epic RPGs), and even with the cash I can't afford the time. If it was 30 hours, maybe. But not 80-100!

:pete:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
It's funny because the game's easily one of the shorter RPG's I've played this year. Even going full-autist you could probably beat it in 25-30 hours. I've heard of people who skipped all the MMO sidequests and easily beat the game in under 15 hours.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's funny because the game's easily one of the shorter RPG's I've played this year. Even going full-autist you could probably beat it in 25-30 hours. I've heard of people who skipped all the MMO sidequests and easily beat the game in under 15 hours.
Son, you do not understand TRUE AUTISM (which, like TRUE ART or TRUE LOVE, is inscrutable). I have 85+ hours and I am not nearly as OCD as some other people I could mention.

(I mean you can finish Fallout or Morrowind in under 30 minutes, so that argument is sorta stupid).

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Son, you do not understand TRUE AUTISM (which, like TRUE ART or TRUE LOVE, is inscrutable). I have 85+ hours and I am not nearly as OCD as some other people I could mention.

(I mean you can finish Fallout or Morrowind in under 30 minutes, so that argument is sorta stupid).

9 minutes for Fallout, 4 minutes for Morrowind.

Autism, meet ADHD+.

Caim

Arcane
9 minutes for Fallout, 4 minutes for Morrowind.

Autism, meet ADHD+.
I prefer the 20:41 speedrun of Half-Life myself. It's glorious to behold and uses a combination of wonky physics, skilled jumping, no invisible walls where there should be, collision errors, healing bugs and all-out glitches to go through Black Mesa as if it was a Sonic game:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I prefer the 20:41 speedrun of Half-Life myself. It's glorious to behold and uses a combination of wonky physics, skilled jumping, no invisible walls where there should be, collision errors, healing bugs and all-out glitches to go through Black Mesa as if it was a Sonic game:

So that's what happens when Freeman takes crack before going to work.

deuxhero

Arcane
Someone TASed the hazard course (not entire sure how though).

Wonder how much time would be shaved off the main game if they did the same.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014

:prosper:
How much time would he have spent practicing that? Speedrunners really are even crazier than modders.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Half-Life can be played like Quake?

Oh wait...

Caim

Arcane
:prosper:
How much time would he have spent practicing that? Speedrunners really are even crazier than modders.
In the description:

Starting back in the summer of 2010, the estimated time for this run was thought to be roughly 27 minutes. However, after almost four years of painstaking planning, theorycrafting and execution, we have arrived at our final time, smashing all of our wildest expectations.

Not only do we owe this new world-record time to all the new tricks we've discovered, the new routes we've found and the new ways we've learned to manipulate the game. A lot of the improvement from the first estimation and the previous world record (29 minutes, 41 seconds) comes from the very hard work and countless hours put into perfecting each and every segment, no matter how short or trivial. This run has truly been an endurance test for everyone involved, and we're extremely happy to finally be able to share it with you.

Enjoy, Half-Life in 20 minutes, 41 seconds!

Black

Arcane
Spreedrunning games devoid of RNG and random factor is so boring only people with boring characters could excel at it. That's why such games have mostly asian speedrunners. Speedrunning X-Com- amazing. Speedrunning something with every piece set and acting predictably- you can write a script for that.:kingcomrade:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Spreedrunning games devoid of RNG and random factor is so boring only people with boring characters could excel at it. That's why such games have mostly asian speedrunners. Speedrunning X-Com- amazing. Speedrunning something with every piece set and acting predictably- you can write a script for that.:kingcomrade:
Try speedrunning Trials Evolution or Fusion. Glitches that exist are there just to fuck up your run. Rest is pure skill. Funny thing about it is that the better you're at it, the game looks piss easy to play to someone watching you, while the reality is pure opposite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom