Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The sad part is it is probably very effective. Their server rentals will likely shoot through the roof.

I wonder if afterwards she asked what Minecraft and a server is.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The sad part is it is probably very effective. Their server rentals will likely shoot through the roof.

I wonder if afterwards she asked what Minecraft and a server is.
I doubt she cared enough to ask.

DraQ

Arcane
Yes, Solaris is much better known within movie communities than The Void is to gamers, but it's not a gigantic gulf.
Which Solaris? Because Shoddy-burp's one was complete dongs, and while I didn't watch the Tarkovsky's one, Lem apparently frowned upon it and I didn't like Tarkovsky's Stalker all that much either.
:troll:

And the "How cum game storees dunna get rispect lyke buks and movees?" crowd seem to be ignorant of economics and motivation.
I'm not an expert, but as far as winning respect from gaming's current situation goes, the necessary steps involve stopping sucking dongs followed by getting up from your knees.

So far the games are all about compromises, so I don't expect much respect for them even though as a medium gaming definitely has potential.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sonic fans have already been butthurt long before any Grauniad articles. It's their normal state of being. Sorta like the Codexers.

AngryKobold

Arcane
The Guardian makes Sonic fans butthurt: http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ans-have-subverted-a-fallen-mascot?CMP=twt_gu
Sonic the Hedgehog: how fans have subverted a fallen mascot
The image of Sonic's spiky hero has been obsessively appropriated and customised – but can he escape from his past, or the esoteric attentions of his followers?

He is a popular subject for artists and writers involved in the anthropomorphic "furry" subculture, which often sees cartoon creatures portrayed as sincere, smoldering and often kinky love objects. Here is fetish art of Sonic being 'inflated' like a balloon for titillation. Here is art of Sonic pregnant. Here, Sonic appeals to foot and sock enthusiasts.

:hmmm:

Why the hell anyone from Guardian is writing about those... things. Why the hell it is even mentioned? WHY?! What's next? Columns of dumps taken from 4chan /b/? Special edition filled with gibberish of mad imams?

It's disturbing how deviations from the darkest, the most stinking corner of Internet are being casually mentioned on mainstream sites.

Martius

Liturgist
Is Guardian a tabloid? If yes then it would make sense to write about such topic.

Kitako

Arcane
Is Guardian a tabloid? If yes then it would make sense to write about such topic.

The Guardian is a highly respected newspaper.

And CNN is a highly respected television channel: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/11/tech/gaming-gadgets/elder-scrolls-game-of-thrones/index.html

Muahahahaha!

If sales don't impress you, how about sheer size? Tamriel is roughly 7.54 million square miles of land for players to explore, while Westeros (home to much of "Game of Thrones") is thought to be about 800,000 square miles and J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth is 3 million square miles.

:what:
What the fuck am I reading? They are actually comparing videogames versus book fantasy worlds by counting square miles?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

The Guardian is a highly respected newspaper.

And CNN is a highly respected television channel: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/11/tech/gaming-gadgets/elder-scrolls-game-of-thrones/index.html

Muahahahaha!

If sales don't impress you, how about sheer size? Tamriel is roughly 7.54 million square miles of land for players to explore, while Westeros (home to much of "Game of Thrones") is thought to be about 800,000 square miles and J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth is 3 million square miles.

:what:
What the fuck am I reading? They are actually comparing videogames versus book fantasy worlds by counting square miles?
Mine is bigger than yours.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Well, I always wanted to go wander aimlessly while pretending to read a book. 800k square miles just won't cut it.

Angthoron

Arcane
Wow, looks like I've been missing on quality journalism for well over a decade.

I hope someone makes a comparative analysis of Tolkien Elves vs Warhammer Elves vs Paolini Elves in regard to their physique, and maybe provide us with some detailed sweat and urine chemical composition breakdowns to account for elven sweat smelling of cookies and mtn dew.

LivingOne

Savant
Capcom sent in a press release today mentioning that two new research and development facilities are under construction near the company’s main HQ in Osaka.

The appearance of next-generation consoles with a variety of network functions has shifted the focus of sales from conventional package software to digitally distributed content. The profit structure and business model are changing at an increasing speed as a result. Furthermore, the popularity of social games due to the widespread use of smartphones is enabling games to reach more user segments and enlarging the entire game market.

To succeed in this challenging environment, Capcom has been focusing resources on strategic and growing areas under a policy of selection and concentration in order to operate with speed and flexibility. Constructing these new R&D buildings will make game development operations more efficient by centralizing these operations and upgrading speed and control. Another goal is to improve quality while holding down development expenses by accumulating development technologies and other knowledge.

The press release also confirms a previous statement mentioning that the company plans to hire about 100 new developers a year, mostly graduates, raising the share of development done internally as opposed to outsourcing to external studios. The plan is to have 2,500 developers by March 2022.

The new facilities will be ultra-modern and environmentally-friendly. You can see two pictures that came with the press release at the bottom of the post. They will be completed in January 2015 and February 2016.

According to the company, the new facilities will be used to create “highly original games” that will meet the expectations of the users.
:deadhorse:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/14/capcom-building-two-new-rd-facilities-in-japan-to-create-highly-original-games/

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow, looks like I've been missing on quality journalism for well over a decade.

I hope someone makes a comparative analysis of Tolkien Elves vs Warhammer Elves vs Paolini Elves in regard to their physique, and maybe provide us with some detailed sweat and urine chemical composition breakdowns to account for elven sweat smelling of cookies and mtn dew.
You need to compare elves by ear length. Racial purity, bitch.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Funny, because it takes less then 30 minutes to cross the world of Skyrm... so if Middle-Earth is less than half of that, it should take 10 minute to go from The Shire to Mordor... on foot.

:gumpyhead:

Angthoron

Arcane
Also, if the retard journalist wanted to compare the SHEER SIZE, how about comparing the land size of an existing MMO to the amazingly massive Tamriel? I dunno, it's almost like there's an MMO based on LotR out there that can actually be reported for size, but then again, I'm not a journalist doing research for an amazingly insightful article dedicated to some CNN investor product, so what the fuck do I know.

The best part of the article:

"He is a popular subject for artists and writers involved in the anthropomorphic "furry" subculture, which often sees cartoon creatures portrayed as sincere, smoldering and often kinky love objects. Here is fetish art of Sonic being 'inflated' like a balloon for titillation. Here is art of Sonic pregnant. Here, Sonic appeals to foot and sock enthusiasts.

A new edition of the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon that makes his adventures the subject of adolescent drama has helped serve material to such fantasists. Now fans can pair Sonic with his dark, mysterious rival Shadow the Hedgehog, with chipper, endlessly-admiring Tails, or with hot-headed, sullen brawler Knuckles. Knuckles is the buff, brooding one. Interestingly, none of these narratives has created more negative outcry than a 2006 game in Sonic's history where the ageless hero was portrayed in a kiss with a young human girl"

About fucking time the press woke up to the furry menace.

I think there's a cautionary tale for Bioware here as well. The kind of fandom the author is writing about is much the same as the Talimancers and the rest of the 'romances as features' crowd.

Lemming42

Arcane
I never understood all the furry hate (could say fursecution but then I'd have to voluntarily kill myself). I remember when it was a HOT ISSUE back in like 2005 or whatever and SomethingAwful wouldn't shut up about it and you couldn't go anywhere without some guy saying "YIFF IN HELL FURFAGS" and causing WW3. Intense times.

evdk

Patron
I never understood all the furry hate (could say fursecution but then I'd have to voluntarily kill myself). I remember when it was a HOT ISSUE back in like 2005 or whatever and SomethingAwful wouldn't shut up about it and you couldn't go anywhere without some guy saying "YIFF IN HELL FURFAGS" and causing WW3. Intense times.
And now we have Bronies. Oh, how the times change...

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
It's mostly because people have learned from the initial outbreak of the furry fandom and have taken the necessary steps to deal with them. They've either been given their own little special table to play in, or they've been told to fuck off. Same thing happened with bronies, same thing will probably happen to whatever other deviant fanbase sprouts up in the near future.

I mostly deal with furries the same way I deal with Bronies; so long as they stay in their little fucking corner and don't try to pester me with their shit, I don't care what they do.

Durwyn

Prophet

:hmmm:
I've originally posted it in EA thread, the decline is messing with my brain

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom