Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best RPG for a crippled retard?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't he just get most games, and put them on lowest difficulty?

Fargus

Arcane
Personally, I think casual adventure games like Ace Attorney are best suited for people new to video games as a whole. Maybe Heroine's Quest or even some of the original Quest for Glory games would be good picks.
If you are a storyfag visual novels are pretty solid choice actually. I hardly play rpgs for the story anymore but there were many visual novels i've enjoyed reading in the last couple of years.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cult Simulator works for people with limited motor skills. They do need a mouse to move the cards around, and the other hand to press Space.

Drowed

Arcane
Trying not to be redundant and quote several of the games already mentioned, wouldn't most JRPGs fit those criteria? Turn-based, heavy on story, not requiring much effort, etc. There's some on GOG.
  • Chained Echoes
  • Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga
  • The Legend of Heroes: 'Trails in the Sky' and/or 'Trails of Cold Steel' (it's a series, it has at least 4-5 games)
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose
  • Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark
And maybe more, I dunno.

somerandomdude

Learned
Chrono Trigger. it's not on gog, but you can get it from plenty of other places, including google/apple store.

Absinthe

Arcane
Someone I know is bedridden and reads a lot but hasn't played any video games. Is there an easy and accessible RPG for someone with a lot of time on their hands and limited motor function? Preferably turn-based, story-driven, fantasy theme, low difficulty, and sold on GOG. inb4 Temple of Elemental Evil
The Age of Decadence is low difficulty if you go noncombat path, and the combat is turn-based. A fully combat-dedicated build usually isn't too hard either. Since the someone you know reads a lot and wants a turn-based RPG, AoD might be up his alley.

Chrono Trigger. it's not on gog, but you can get it from plenty of other places, including google/apple store.
Important to note that you can set the combat to ATB (Active Time Battle) system to Wait mode in Chrono Trigger so the timer doesn't keep counting down on you while you're navigating the menus.

Also worth noting that stealthing through Chrono Trigger is not going to work too well if you have difficulty with timing challenges, but you can typically fight your way through that. And the rat-catching sequence will probably be a major problem for him. The blackbird sequence can be handled through combat from the start by having Ayla in the party though.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Disco Elysium is a fantastic RPG and perfect for someone that can is a cripple. It's the obvious choice here. Age of Decadence as a trader/noncombat path is also quite a good suggestion as others have said. Banner Saga series is a good bit of fun, turn based, and very little APM needed to play. Finally, the Fallen London browser "game" is fun too. Just a ton of reading and story fagging.

PrestigiousDeathclaw

Barely Literate
Are you looking for RPGs only - why? Your friend might enjoy some point-and-click or text adventures. Off the top of my head, I could recommend Gemini Rue and Technobabylon.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Someone I know is bedridden and reads a lot but hasn't played any video games. Is there an easy and accessible RPG for someone with a lot of time on their hands and limited motor function? Preferably turn-based, story-driven, fantasy theme, low difficulty, and sold on GOG. inb4 Temple of Elemental Evil
It seems essential that any CRPG for this person be turn-based without any demands whatsoever on the player's physical skill. Since you also want low difficulty and story-driven, you might consider Wildermyth (2021), which has fairly simplistic combat and procedural story-telling based on character stats and player choices. Solasta (2021) or Dungeon of Naheulbeuk (2020) could also be considered, since they have difficulty levels, though they are less story-driven. For older CRPGs, the middle three Ultima games might work.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Thanks for making this thread. I'm a bit of a crippled retard myself (spiritually), would be interesting to see the responses.

So far I've already played most of the games that were mentioned here, and those that I didn't play would actually be too complex for a retard.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Any turn-based RPG can be played by crippled retards without more difficulty than browsing the internet.

laclongquan

Arcane
For a crippled retard, most workable games should be story-rich type, not gameplay. Any of our usual games wont likely work.
So my 1st recommendation is unlike usual Codex fares, but a novel game, Type Moon. Or Fate Stay Night. Their english translations work well so~
I dont recommend PST, despite it's always on the tip of my mind, because DnD combat can be quite complex and this sucker could get tired of it in no time flat~

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Any turn-based RPG can be played by crippled retards without more difficulty than browsing the internet.
ZXVG3v8.jpg

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Are you looking for RPGs only - why? Your friend might enjoy some point-and-click or text adventures. Off the top of my head, I could recommend Gemini Rue and Technobabylon.
why would you recommend Gemini Rue to someone bedridden, it has action sequences lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom