Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best romance subplot in an RPG

Multi-headed Cow

OH NO I'M NOT REALLY AN EVIL [strike]DROW[/strike] RED WIZARD I'M A GOOD ONE

and SUP, SWARTHY DREAM DUDE COMING THROUGH. AND I'M ROMANCEABLE, LADIES, *WINK*

NWN2 shit MotB shit Obsidian shit shit SHIT SHITSHTISYYSHTIJSRJRISHRJSKFOFSHJTISTY GET BACK TO GAMEFAGS

Multi-headed Cow said:
OH NO I'M NOT REALLY AN EVIL [strike]DROW[/strike] RED WIZARD I'M A GOOD ONE

and SUP, SWARTHY DREAM DUDE COMING THROUGH. AND I'M ROMANCEABLE, LADIES, *WINK*

NWN2 shit MotB shit Obsidian shit shit SHIT SHITSHTISYYSHTIJSRJRISHRJSKFOFSHJTISTY GET BACK TO GAMEFAGS

And so well put too...

I can't think of a single romance subplot, nay character, in ANY medium that can't be reduced to archetypes if generalised to that degree.

I would have thought that those who are fans of Gann as a character are less interested in the 'hey I'm a swarthy dream dude' and more interested in the fact that he basically turns that archetype on its head. I didn't pay that much attention to him, but I liked the way that if you tried sucking up to him (as in select the answers you'd give if he was a character in Mass Effect) he thinks you're a pathetic little dweeb, whereas if you get stuck into him and call him out on being an arrogant git he actually has some respect for your forthrightness.

Multi-headed Cow

Never got that far since the NWN2 engine was pissing me off to begin with, and my initial impressions of all the NPCs were poor so I just shitcanned the game. :1eyedking:

Zomg

Arbiter
In PS:T, has anyone ever gone full asshole and tried to rehook Deionarra on the Nameless One's dick, like gone an entire playthrough as a reincarnation of Practical and also led her on during the conversations in the fortress? What happens?

deuxhero

Arcane
Zed said:
deuxhero said:
Nesshka of NWN2, even when mostly cut from the game, still works better than the rest of the romances I've seen.
You could romance her? huh. Never gave it a shot because she irritated the hell out of me. Emotional engagement fail, I guess.

No, hence the "mostly cut". There is still stuff like the creepy stalker elf being jealous of her and accusing you of being interested in her with the option of saying that Nesshka is good looking. Nesshka being jealous if you buy a painting of Sandra for her (who they really shouldn't have killed off, it didn't make sense in a world with such easy resurrection and she at least realized she was in a shitty game and mocked it constantly) and a few other lines when talking to her. Having a decent influence with her before the end fight even gives a decent enough reason for the Bioware "OMG I met you 3 days ago and I love uuss!1twenty" (Something about you being the only person to be nice to her).

Gann was good, though the romance option wasn't my favorite part about him (Him enjoying it when you make creative insults at him was.) and the option comes far too quickly after his mom's death.

Selenti

Liturgist
Zomg said:
In PS:T, has anyone ever gone full asshole and tried to rehook Deionarra on the Nameless One's dick, like gone an entire playthrough as a reincarnation of Practical and also led her on during the conversations in the fortress? What happens?

A whole lot of nothing.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Custer and the Indian chick.

custer.gif

Percy

Cipher
none. they all suck and are for faggots.

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom