Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Best Final Fantasy

Which Final Fantasy is the best?

• Total voters

Dragula

Augur
So, let's come to a consensus. I thought it was a well known fact that Final Fantasy VI had the strongest story and best characters. But then, someone on an internet forum, disagrees with me. The nerve of some people.

So I thought we should settle it with a poll, an actual, real poll, that goes all the way to FF XII, which was fucking horrible, so if you vote that you're an idiot.

Also votes are public.

And for anyone going to list spin-offs like tactics and shit.
Fuck you.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sounds like the thread and poll should be renamed to "Which FF has the best story?" Because it's a fact that FF X-2 has the best gameplay, and yet it's not on the list. :P

FF 6 bored me and I never finished it.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I voted 9 but bravely default is better.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
FF12 is the gentleman's choice.
The single player MMO. Man the encounters and combat was horrible.

+ for bunny ears though.

Here we go again. Tell me, did you only play the story or did you do the optional content as well? Because the good encounters, yes FF12 has good and even very good ones, are hidden behind the optional places.

Dragula

Augur
Meh, I didn't mind FF7, but I never considered it as good as FF6. Possibly because I had to actually save money and import FF6 when I was a kid.

Ash

Arcane
FF 6 bored me and I never finished it.

:rpgcodex:

It's a tough call. V, Tactics, X-2 or XII probably have the best gameplay, yet they all have a hell of a lot going for them from V onward. I think I lean to VI, there's just something exceptionally special about that game, but choosing a "best" just doesn't seem right. Too much incline in each to decide. No vote from me. Make it multiple choice and I'd vote them all except those pre-V, because I don't think highly of them at all.

Androv

Novice
Because the good encounters, yes FF12 has good and even very good ones, are hidden behind the optional places.
Soooo, having to play through utter shit for the opportunity to maybe get to a good part and you rate it the best Final Fantasy?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Soooo, having to play through utter shit for the opportunity to maybe get to a good part and you rate it the best Final Fantasy?
No, I like everything about it. But to say it had bad encounters is bullshit and a problem on your end for not going for the optional bosses and dungeons, which account around 50% of the whole game. It's a shame that the main story is so babbified but there's always a lot of other stuff to do at any given moment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom