Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Dragon Age NPC?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Multi-headed Cow said:
Morrigan gets a few good banters but her "im big an im tuff im big an im tuff" thing gets annoying.

"Turns out, mess with someone's head enough and you can turn a scared kid into an all powerful bitch." Bioware's new approach to recycling Viconia designing female NPCs.

Shale seems like a decent character that has a horrible Bioware character on the inside clawing to get out. The "lol shale hates birds XD XD XD" schtick is annoying,

You'd have loved Sten's "lol he likes COOKIES isn't this RANDOM XD XD XD."

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
Morrigan -> Sten -------------------------> Alistair

The rest aren't even worth mentioning, and those mentioned aren't super remarkable. Hey, it's Bioware though. I enjoyed the game until I got to Deep Roads like everybody else did.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This is why Alistair annoys me: "I DON'T WANNA BE KING!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Volourn

Pretty Princess
" Bioware's new approach to recycling Viconia designing female NPCs."

Oh, please. Viconia, bless her heart, is a shallow piece of shit compared to Morrigan. Viconia was a Drizzt wannabe. Unlike that wussy Viconia, Morrigan wants or needs no redemption shit.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Satori said:
Seems like all the people who hate Alistair are also the type to hate Kreia too.

I thought Alistair was an annoying piece of shit who talked like a cretin and replaced him with Shale as soon as I could since I needed a tank. I enjoyed Kreia and had her in my party for my entire KotOR2 playthrough.

Volourn said:
" Bioware's new approach to recycling Viconia designing female NPCs."

Oh, please. Viconia, bless her heart, is a shallow piece of shit compared to Morrigan. Viconia was a Drizzt wannabe. Unlike that wussy Viconia, Morrigan wants or needs no redemption shit.

What's your problem with Drizzt? Considering your level of literacy and the fact that you adore Bioware so, I'd have thought Salvatore would be right up your alley.

Multi-headed Cow

Morrigan is deep because she actually wants to be a pretty princess.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"What's your problem with Drizzt?"

Are you on fuckin' drugs? Where did I claim I had any sort of problem with Drizzt DoUrden? Fuckin' morons who cna't fuckin' read is fuckin' hilarious for fuck sakes.

" I enjoyed Kreia and had her in my party for my entire KotOR2 playthrough."

I spent the entire game trying to get her out of my party, but the stupid lame ass game didn't let me FFS. From the moment I met her I knew she was a lying piece of fuckin' scum who would betray.

Obviously evil woman is obviously evil. Stupid fuckin' KOTOR. Fuckin's eries that started the BIO/OBS trend of forcing you to keep npcs in your paty. At least DA started the strong climb to getting rid of that garbage of forcing npcs on you.

Really wish you could dump Alistair. He wans't THAT important.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Volourn said:
"What's your problem with Drizzt?"

Are you on fuckin' drugs? Where did I claim I had any sort of problem with Drizzt DoUrden? Fuckin' morons who cna't fuckin' read is fuckin' hilarious for fuck sakes.

So... RA Salvatore is your literary idol? Good to know.

Lothers

Scholar
They are all pretty generic and boring. Dog is ok. I would say Sandal is best, at least he's the only one, who doesn't pretend to not be retarded.

Grifthin

Educated
Favourite NPC's - Morrigan, Sten, Shale, Logain.

Favourite NPC that wasn't recruitable - Branka, Bhelen (magnificent bastard wannabe), Avernus.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I don't think you can compare Alistair to Carth or Anomen.
Anomen is someone you kill in the Copper Coronet as soon as you seem him, Alistair is a p. cool guy actually.

Twinkle

Liturgist
FFS It's disturbing to see so many appreciations for a character who is supposed to be a wild young girl in early twenties (just look at the fucking concept art) , yet looks and behaves like 30+ yo slutty feminatrix and is voiced by a 37 yo "actress".

Deleted member 7219

Alistair is just carrying on a Bioware tradition that started with Carth in KOTOR. There was Sagacious Zu in Jade Empire, and Kaidan in Mass Effect. There must always be a moaner.

For me, the best character in DA was the dog. The worst were Sten (for being an unbelievably cuntish cunt) and Zhevran (for being an irritating little twat).

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Matt7895 said:
Alistair is just carrying on a Bioware tradition that started with Carth in KOTOR. There was Sagacious Zu in Jade Empire, and Kaidan in Mass Effect. There must always be a moaner.

There was also Sky in Jade Empire.

made

Arcane
-idealistic
-emo
-virgin

The crowd of lonely single moms demands this "roleplaying" opportunity.

Dnny

Educated
Matt7895 said:

For me, the best character in DA was the dog. The worst were Sten (for being an unbelievably cuntish cunt) and Zhevran (for being an irritating little twat).

You forgot Anomen in BG2. Carth is just Starwars Anomen.

Anomen.jpg

kris

Arcane
Morrigan because of he spirit and Claudia Black.
Oghren is also nice because of his love for booze and women.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Hey guys I'm gonna say the dog was the better npc because he had no proper dialog to speak of you know this is a clever joke guys bioware writes shitty npcs but this one is good because theres no writing hahaha Im so fucking clever and edgy guys guys look at me this is some good shit dog is best npc hahahaah subtle criticism Im so great

Aditya

Educated
AndhairaX said:
Another successful thread by moi! :D

Yes, another thread where *you* never answered your own question.

Favorite DA NPC(s): Morrigan, Shale, Wynne, Oghren (in that order)

kris

Arcane
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I don't think you can compare Alistair to Carth or Anomen.
Anomen is someone you kill in the Copper Coronet as soon as you seem him, Alistair is a p. cool guy actually.

I think Alistair is far from a favorite NPC, but he is very consitantly written and gets a plus for that. Consistant personality is always good. Annoying is not.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"So... RA Salvatore is your literary idol? Good to know."

You are a moron yet again. Good to know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom