Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Been looking forever...

Carbon Lance

Novice
I am in serious need of help, I have been looking for over a year for a good RPG and have not found one to suit my interests...

I look for entertaining exploration, interesting combat, and some sort of crafting system though that is preferred, not mandatory...

I have vast amounts of time to invest and nothing to put the hours in on, I just look for something that has good normal game play, it will take me forever to finish the story...

If there is any kind person out there that can help me end my search, I have played oblivion, morrowind, daggerfall, arena, fallout 3, dragonage origins, two worlds, though none of them have really kept my attention for very long even tough I enjoyed them all.

Also if this is in the wrong place, I am new and have no clue as to where it should go.

Achilles

Arcane
You're in luck OP, New Vegas is going to be released in a few days and it has all of those things you mentioned in spades.

Carbon Lance

Novice
Goodbye thread, I will see you in retardo land...
Or does the finite amount of information actually save it?

New Vegas you say?
I have Two Worlds 2 pre-ordered but I am trying to get away from consoles, they just seem to lack something that the PC games I have played just seem to have...

DaveO

Erudite
I'm going on the belief that the OP is not an alt or troll, so my suggestion would be either the Gothic series or the Realms of Arkania trilogy. Either should keep you busy for a few months.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Fallout 2, Arcanum, Planescape: Torment.
Return when you finish all this three games.

Carbon Lance

Novice
Thank you for your suggestions, I would also like to keep out of mmorpgs, im done with those too

LittleJoe

Arbiter
If you've been looking for over a year you should have a good idea of all the RPG's that are out there.

If not you're either a moron, or a troll.

"I look for entertaining exploration, interesting combat, and some sort of crafting system"

Try the Gothic series.

Carbon Lance

Novice
I spent a very ling time after mmos and found NONE of them to be entertaining for more that a week, that is why it has taken so long and besides, I have only really played morrowiond as a pc game...
Also, I am trying out Gothic 2 and perhaps it will work out...

I.C. Wiener

Educated
Vampire the masquerade, Risen, Divine Divinity

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom