Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Becoming Captain, an upcoming sci-fi RPG / Trading card game

Frank_Le_Havre

Barely Literate
Hello folks! I'm a first-time poster on this website and wanted to share the trailer for our upcoming indie trading card and RPG game.
As fans of science-fiction and RPGs, I thought this community would be interested in what we've been working on.
I hope you enjoy the trailer and any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I like card based games, and will keep an eye out for this. If the card/battle thing is at least enjoyable I'll be interested. I get that you are low budget, and wish you well. Also welcome. :)

Frank_Le_Havre

Barely Literate
I like card based games, and will keep an eye out for this. If the card/battle thing is at least enjoyable I'll be interested. I get that you are low budget, and wish you well. Also welcome. :)
Thank you very much Jaesun, we are indeed a small pocket team with a lot of willpower :)

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
There's not much can be said about gameplay yet, but art and especially colors look garish and lacking style.

The best part of the vid is the crew.
One bro and three hot exotic babes is a better setup than in many "current year" games.

But you said "traiding" card game. Is this going to be a mobile RMT-ridden cash grab?
And can you elaborate on RPG elements, is it more than picking 2 starting weapons?

Frank_Le_Havre

Barely Literate
There's not much can be said about gameplay yet, but art and especially colors look garish and lacking style.

The best part of the vid is the crew.
One bro and three hot exotic babes is a better setup than in many "current year" games.

But you said "traiding" card game. Is this going to be a mobile RMT-ridden cash grab?
And can you elaborate on RPG elements, is it more than picking 2 starting weapons?
Hello Nortar,
While I cannot judge your taste in art, since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I can certainly answer you questions.
The "Trading" aspect is limited to the ingame. The cards will not be NFTs or crappy micro transaction stuff. They are ingame object with no impact on the real world.
The RolePlaying element will be about making ingame choices, both as far as dialog & lifepath for you character.
Weapons & equipment will be EVER changing. You will have to take care of your equipment and find new ones.

We aim to make games that are worthwhile for the players, not crappy cashgrab.
Fuck these bad studio, casting shade to the entire industry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom