Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BEAST is an upcoming turn-based tactical RPG set in a grimdark world inspired by Carpathian legend

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: BEAST; False Prophet

False Prophet Announces BEAST
Delve into the insanity of the plague-ridden dark ages in this turn-based tactical RPG where the player sets the boundary of playing as a hero or a monster. Will you exercise or exorcise your inner beast?

Anton Sabbados, a battle-hardened veteran, returns home after years of captivity, is appointed by the enigmatic king-prophet Lurius to lead a mission against a deadly plague.

Anton and his team embark on a perilous journey through the plague-infested Carpathian Mountains where gathering allies, weapons and equipment will be critical for success in gridless combat against a variety of deadly enemies.

Amidst this chaos, Anton wrestles with inner demons and haunting memories. Reality blurs with nightmares of war in each confrontation. He must make a difficult choice. Embrace unearthly powers but risk a descent into darkness, or choose restraint, preserving his sanity and the wellbeing of his team. In BEAST the player must exercise or exorcise their inner beast!

Elevate Tactical RPG Gameplay with Moral Choices and Gridless Combat

With up to 40 hours of gameplay, BEAST offers a revolutionary take on the tactical RPG genre by introducing moral choices that dynamically influence both combat and narrative outcomes. Engage in fast-paced, gridless turn-based tactical battles. You must choose either to unleash your inner demon for a short-term gain or restrain it, striving for long-term sanity and control.

From the Founder's Desk

"Developing BEAST has been nothing short of a transformational experience for us," says Piotr Pacynko, Founder of False Prophet. "We are pushing the boundaries of tactical RPGs by offering unprecedented gameplay mechanics and a rich, mature narrative. Our team of over 30 dedicated professionals has meticulously crafted this atmospheric experience, and we can't wait for players to step into this complex, morally ambiguous world."

BEAST will be available in multiple languages for PC through Steam (with Steam Deck support as well) in 2024. We invite you to add BEAST to your Steam Wishlist.​

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I like this setting they are using, this at least *seems* interesting. I'll just sit here and cautiously fap till we know some more specifics...

So this is some unknown studio(?) and seems to be self produced, which is certainly interesting.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
BEAST offers a revolutionary take on the tactical RPG genre by introducing moral choices that dynamically influence both combat and narrative outcomes.

big words

up to 40 hours of gameplay

gonna be a short game with a high production standard

lots of cutscenes, everything voice acted

typical Dark Age manifesto, like some game from 2007 or 2009

not my cup od tea, nevermind

Last edited:

Aarwolf

Learned
It looks like turn based grimdark version of Hearts of Stone - main character even has the same hairdo and scars like Olgierd von Everec.

We''ll see.

MerchantKing

Learned
Where's the gameplay in this trailer? All I'm seeing is cutscenes and animations.

rojay

Scholar
Where's the gameplay in this trailer? All I'm seeing is cutscenes and animations.
There's an awful lot of animation in the first part of the video. I kept waiting for it to show some gameplay and it did, around 1:08 or so. Isometric, looks like turn-based, but still with animations for what look like kills. Looks like it'll be a lot of cinematics and hopefully good turn-based combat with a decent story.

MerchantKing

Learned
There's an awful lot of animation in the first part of the video. I kept waiting for it to show some gameplay and it did, around 1:08 or so. Isometric, looks like turn-based, but still with animations for what look like kills. Looks like it'll be a lot of cinematics and hopefully good turn-based combat with a decent story.
But what gameplay did they actually show? Those parts look like animation demos. Should we continue to conflate animations with gameplay when those are two different things?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Combat screenshots give me a King Arthur: Knight's Tale vibe and that game was fucking epic. GOTY of its year.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Combat screenshots give me a King Arthur: Knight's Tale vibe and that game was fucking epic. GOTY of its year.
Indeed, it feels like an edgier version of KA, I dig it (assuming it's not a cut-scene simulator). Also kudos to them for the choice of music. Fuck the generic fantasy shit and rap retardation.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
We are pushing the boundaries of tactical RPGs by offering unprecedented gameplay mechanics and a rich, mature narrative. Our team of over 30 dedicated professionals has meticulously crafted this atmospheric experience, and we can't wait for players to step into this complex, morally ambiguous world
Oh shut the fuck up already. We will be the judges of all that

I get it, his job is to sell the game but come on. That much self-aggrandizement is just gross

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Any RPG set in the pike & shot period is automaticaly incline and has my attention. I suspect it will be janky as fuck, but hopefuly will end up being fun. As a Spiders A-RPG enjoyer I can tolerate a lot of jank if the content is otherwise fine.

Cautiously fapping to this for now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom