Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
CmO9m8bUgAA90iT.jpg:large

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
At first, I was happy that they were getting rid of this deviant Amber Scott, but then I remembered they have David GAYder...and I'm pretty sure that Liam Esler or whatever her name is still works there (or at least with them).

So while this is good, it doesn't mean their new game will not be overloaded with degeneracy.

Tom Selleck

Arcane

Bad news bros, my attempt to stem the tides of degeneracy from the inside was thwarted, presumably by my own bad quality writing and lack of talent. And doubly for my cishetness and transmisogyny.

Baldur's Accessible-Entryway 3 (gate is too ableist, what if you don't have arms), here we come!

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
In a perfect world, the SJW bitch trips on her way out, falls out of the window on 16th floor, lands on Gaider... and Todd Howard gets arrested for it.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://edmontonjournal.com/entertainment/local-arts/first-ever-largecon-takes-place-this-weekend

This weekend marks the first LARGEcon, the inaugural event for the Live Action Role-playing Guild of Edmonton (LARGE), a Live Action Role-playing (LARPing) group.

It’s “where Dungeons and Dragons meets dinner theatre,” says LARGE president Sacha Robertson.

LARPing was responsible for getting him his day job as a video game writer at Beamdog.

I'm not sure he is a new hire or not, but looks likely. He is apparently an ex-BioWare.

Coma White

Educated
I'm calling it now: this project is going to be Baldur's Gate III. The lore and character rape is going to make Siege of Dragonspear look like harmless fun by comparison. All hail Beamdog: a cabal of charlatans who spend their time masturbating to shit like this:

hooded%2Bman.jpg

Coma White

Educated
Not sure why that's the example you used. It wasn't that bad.

Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:
Hooded Man:

Azarkon

Arcane
He talked a lot in Baldur's Gate 2, too. I imagine it's because they actually found a decent voice actor and so wanted to use him as much as they could.

Azarkon

Arcane
See my edit.

And yes, he is a bit long-winded in this exchange, but still not nearly as long-winded as, say, your average Pillars of Eternity character. I'm just saying it's not the best example of bad writing in this game; there are so many other examples.

Lhynn

Arcane
He is longwinded, he read the script and he wants to tell you about it. its one of the most masturbatory dialogues ive read. And i read some mainstream comics.

Lhynn

Arcane
It reads like this:
Seriously, that writing is anime-tier.
Thats like saying the writing is book tier, or tv tier, or movie tier.

Anyway, onepunch has actually really great writing, so its kinda like you are praising this game.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Anyway, onepunch has actually really great writing, so its kinda like you are praising this game.
Bro, that bit I posted is a parody of shonen anime and fits perfectly with Siege of Dragonspear... One Punch is not like SoG, One Punch is making fun of it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This weekend marks the first LARGEcon, the inaugural event for the Live Action Role-playing Guild of Edmonton (LARGE), a Live Action Role-playing (LARPing) group.

training-e1418335281643-1940x1090.jpg
These guys wish they were LARPing instead.

And while these idiots above are training worse than regular conscripts in east european countries we (NATO) have these:
800px-Special_Forces_Sniper_Training_Grafenwoehr_1.jpg

Bad news bros, my attempt to stem the tides of degeneracy from the inside was thwarted, presumably by my own bad quality writing and lack of talent. And doubly for my cishetness and transmisogyny.

Baldur's Accessible-Entryway 3 (gate is too ableist, what if you don't have arms), here we come!

Check out the people who liked that tweet. I assume at least some of them applied and weren't rejected. My favourites are Battlefield Barbie and Bradley the violet-haired "total cat dad". I dare say the future of cRPGs is in good, firm hands.

Sizzle

Arcane

Da fuq happened in this banter? :retarded:

S: How'd you get to be so high up in the FF with a kid, wouldn't you rather be be at home with him?

C: Some people don't have a choice.

S: I like having one.

C: That's because YOU'RE A WHORE!!

S: ?

C: I hope you die, I HOPE YOU BUUUURN, HARLOT!

And didn't Corwin proposition the PC with sex at one point? :lol:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm just saying it's not the best example of bad writing in this game; there are so many other examples.

You mean like this?

This is, like, TOTALLY bad writing, I mean, like, really! WOW! I mean I've seen retarded writing, but this is like DOUBLE retarded!

Okay, yeah, those two are just cringeworthy to the extreme. "I AM OFFENDED BY A THING YOU MIGHT HAVE IMPLIED, YOU SAY YOU DIDN'T INTEND ANY OFFENSE BUT I DON'T GIVE A SHIT I AM SO THIN-SKINNED THAT MERE WORDS THROW ME INTO A BERSERKER RAGE"
And the second one... there isn't a single option that doesn't make your character sound like a whiny little bitch. Holy shit. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom