Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
How is what I said not clear? While I don't think he's a great or even a good writer (I can cite the bad writing everywhere in BG2), he is leagues ahead of those credited as lead writers on Siege.

He's leagues ahead in terms of what, weight? He was the one that made Hawke gender altering the sexual preference of everyone in the party and even Dragon Age books are filled with subtle but tedious references from todays politics, he's a social parasite obsessed with inclusiveness.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
I think it's easier to notice David Gaider's excesses like telling disappointed players their choice with the Urn of the Sacred Ashes in DA:O didn't matter in the end when you consider many Baldur's Gate veterans thought he was that really cool guy who made Ascension - which is still one of the most vital mods for BG2 - so there's a "fall from grace" angle to his story that makes it hard to notice any good parts of his writing and focus on the bad ones. Especially if he's contrasted with a bunch of no-name greenhorns who might be shit, but also unidentifiable as anything other than a ragtag band of novices, ergo - hard to hate on in particular.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As for sorceress ....they are old good looking whores that get impaled from time to time because of their greed and stupidity.
They're also two of Geralt's love interests, fleshed out characters of their own, and I frankly don't see the correlation between "wanting to stir up your genitals with other genitals" and "stupidity", especially given the titular character's lax attitude towards sex. You might be ultimately pursuing Triss or Yennefer (as in, either of the two "stupid/greedy whores") while having a sizable Yu-Fucked-Her! trading card collection, after all.

There's, of course, the question of what you consider "SJW" themes. Is Arcanum an "SJW" game because your Half-Orc or Half-Ogre gets called names or is mistaken for a servant and life is tough like that? Would you consider BIS Fallout's writing SJW because it has one of the most prosperous cities in the world ruled by a woman who is a descendant of a swarthy-looking man who came from a vault explicitly engineered to contain as many people from radically different backgrounds as possible to see what happens? You asked what ideas pertaining to whatever social justice is can be found in The Witcher, and the game (and the book) does seem to talk a wee bit about otherness and prejudice.

Ofc, doesn't mean that The Witcher concerns itself with virtue signalling or anything of the sort. But you can interpret some of the themes in it as being a condemnation of xenophobia, for instance. Note that you don't have to, and you're free to put it under whichever lens you consider appropriate.
A world without such things will be dull experience,the important part is giving you the options. You could always cleanse this individuals that you don't like. I always wipe the floor with the half-orks in Arcanum,also enjoy killing gnoms and half-ogres. And you have the option and the tools to do it. Sjw writing is pretty obvious,after all it is in your face. Having a sjw npc in game is pretty ok for me,i get to kill them after all. And it is believable to have a few idiots in a world populated with a few hundred npcs.
As for my paranoia...well i am now replaying PoE and found out that there is no really white character colouring except the elf...maybe. The most white for human is the sandnigger brown. I assume that they are pretty shit at colouring the skin,but there is small part in the back of my brain that screams progressive soyboyz. Also i don't touch games where you play kebab or a nigger,in the past i didn't had any problems with them because they felt like normal people and not some fighter for equality. Anyway, Kingdom come!!!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How is what I said not clear? While I don't think he's a great or even a good writer (I can cite the bad writing everywhere in BG2), he is leagues ahead of those credited as lead writers on Siege.
Stop wasting time on him,he is a retarded gypsy,just ignore him and keep going :obviously:.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I read some posts on the 'Dex and feel compelled to bathe.

Mmm... yes, that's enough 'Dex for the day.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Stop wasting time on him,he is a retarded gypsy,just ignore him and keep going :obviously:.

Ah my favourite little Cuman spawn, can you still contain your urge of fucking goats or are you ready to give in and resume to your barbaric past. Learned anything about your own history yet?

According to the 2001 census, there were 746,664 Turks in Bulgaria, constituting 9.4 per cent of the total population, most of whom lived in villages in the countryside.

The 2001 census recorded 370,908 Roma (4.6 per cent of the total population). However, non-governmental sources estimate that there were some 700,000 Roma in Bulgaria. According to the authorities, this large discrepancy between this figure and the census results is due to many Roma identifying themselves as Bulgarians

So you have around 1 milion Turk descendats which a lot of them could be Cuman descendants after the Mongolian invasion and around 700k gyspsies and all that out of a small population of 7 milions, complete fucking mutts.:lol:

Terra

Cipher

He's leagues ahead in terms of what, weight? He was the one that made Hawke gender altering the sexual preference of everyone in the party and even Dragon Age books are filled with subtle but tedious references from todays politics, he's a social parasite obsessed with inclusiveness.
Pretty sure that Gaider's on record as not being a fan of making all romanceable companions bisexual, there were definitely posts of his on the now-purged BSN at the time saying something to the effect of it wasn't his preference/choice to go with that approach. Try to remember that this was the peak of degeneracy on the BSN, with a veritable ocean of rainbow banners and determined picketing of any suggestion that future companions have a set orientation. Given that last I checked, Laidlaw had taken to listing his pronouns and "poly" status on his twitter profile, he'd be the safer bet in my eyes as the guy who mandated that approach, given the number of other "innovations" he gifted the franchise with from DA2 onwards. Can't comment on the books myself as I never read them but I really don't think Gaider has sunk to the level of "slash-fanfiction everyone's bi just because" just yet.

That being said, there's little denying that BioWare was the patient zero of the recent sjw outbreak in gaming, I remember a post by Gaider himself, shortly after DA2 released,giving a dressing down to an "entitled" gamer complaining that the romances for straight male gamers in DA2 were pretty shit. Curiously a whole bunch of "gaming journalists" simultaneously decided to run articles decrying said poster (and by extension entitled, straight male gamers). I found it strange that so many outlets would launch into a mini-assault against their primary audience but boy did it make it easy to discern what was going down when GG rolled around several years later.

It remains to be seen exactly how much of BioWare's decline can be attributed to Gaider, and indeed this theoretical IE-esque game under Beamdog would have demonstrated definitively if he was now in it for the politics or the games, but now we'll probably never know. At the very least, Gaider hasn't done himself any favours running his mouth off, it's been all downhill since DA:O so he really only has his pre-2009 laurels to rest on.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Pretty sure that Gaider's on record as not being a fan of making all romanceable companions bisexual, there were definitely posts of his on the now-purged BSN at the time saying something to the effect of it wasn't his preference/choice to go with that approach. Try to remember that this was the peak of degeneracy on the BSN, with a veritable ocean of rainbow banners and determined picketing of any suggestion that future companions have a set orientation. Given that last I checked, Laidlaw had taken to listing his pronouns and "poly" status on his twitter profile, he'd be the safer bet in my eyes as the guy who mandated that approach, given the number of other "innovations" he gifted the franchise with from DA2 onwards. Can't comment on the books myself as I never read them but I really don't think Gaider has sunk to the level of "slash-fanfiction everyone's bi just because" just yet.

That being said, there's little denying that BioWare was the patient zero of the recent sjw outbreak in gaming, I remember a post by Gaider himself, shortly after DA2 released,giving a dressing down to an "entitled" gamer complaining that the romances for straight male gamers in DA2 were pretty shit. Curiously a whole bunch of "gaming journalists" simultaneously decided to run articles decrying said poster (and by extension entitled, straight male gamers). I found it strange that so many outlets would launch into a mini-assault against their primary audience but boy did it make it easy to discern what was going down when GG rolled around several years later.

It remains to be seen exactly how much of BioWare's decline can be attributed to Gaider, and indeed this theoretical IE-esque game under Beamdog would have demonstrated definitively if he was now in it for the politics or the games, but now we'll probably never know. At the very least, Gaider hasn't done himself any favours running his mouth off, it's been all downhill since DA:O so he really only has his pre-2009 laurels to rest on.

Yea I agree.

Laidlaw is like the pure essence of a people pleaser. You can see it in his demeanor and in everything he says and does.
Making every character in every rpg Bisexual would definitely be his MO.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

He clearly had his sleazy butter fingers all over the place.
"The romances in the game are not for 'the straight male gamer', he said. "They're for everyone. We have a lot of fans, many of whom are neither straight nor male, and they deserve no less attention."

Would I do it again? I doubt I would have Anders make the first move again - at the time, I thought that requiring all romances to have Hawke initiate everything was the unrealistic part. Even if someone decides that this makes everyone 'unrealistically' bisexual, however, or they can't handle the idea that the character might be bisexual if they were another PC... I don't see that as a big concern, to be honest.

Romances are never one-size-fits-all, and even for those who don't mind the sexuality issue there's no guarantee they'll find a character they even want to romance. That's why romances are optional content. It's such a personal issue that we'll never be able to please everyone. The very best we can do is give everyone a little bit of choice, and that's what we tried here

I didn't really mind having the possibility to fuck everyone with a pulse or not, it's your choice, but what truly pissed me off, was Anders giving me the stink eye for not fucking him in the ass, they literally gave me a negative reputation with him for turning him down, that was just sick.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
"The romances in the game are not for 'the straight male gamer', he said. "They're for everyone. We have a lot of fans, many of whom are neither straight nor male, and they deserve no less attention."
Straight male gamers are a majority of RPG consumers. That guy must have his head so far up his ass that he thought shitting on his fans instead of pandering to them was good.

But the BG fans here have blinders on. The Biofags have been SJWs for a long time. BG2 promoted the values of miscegenation hard. The female romance companions all have elven blood and they will all readily mix with the vermin races. So it was absolutely no surprise to me that they continued their path of degeneracy with the bisexual elven male in DA. These Biofags and other SJWs like them are emasculating elves everywhere. Maybe they view this as reparations for straight male elves' supposed privilege. But in their crusade, they are destroying a generation of men with no clue as to what the societal effects will be.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I didn't really mind having the possibility to fuck everyone with a pulse or not, it's your choice, but what truly pissed me off, was Anders giving me the stink eye for not fucking him in the ass, they literally gave me a negative reputation with him for turning him down, that was just sick.

Why? Can't he not be happy that you turned him down? Like some people in real life? Actually, a lot of people in real life get hurt or aggressive when you turn them down. I think he's the only companion to do that and the only companion to try to proposition you first. I don't think that's excessive or unrealistic, or somehow wrong and SJW. People irl proposition each other all the time and it's not always you who does it to other people, sometimes someone else does it to you. Unless no-one on this forum has been propositioned by another human being ever? That's pretty sad.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
A lady ten years my elder propositioned me, but when I turned her down, she started questioning my manhood.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I have been propositioned by both men and women and I have been offered money, especially when I had to help out my parents as a night shift receptionist in their hotel. One of the times was by a man and woman couple, the man asked me for how much I gave myself and if I wanted to join them. I told him I wasn't for sale, but I didn't get offended or anything, quite the contrary. It seems like only actual homophobes get offended by that, especially when there is obviously no agenda attached in this context, I wonder if the reaction would've been the same had Anders been a woman.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Why? Can't he not be happy that you turned him down? Like some people in real life? Actually, a lot of people in real life get hurt or aggressive when you turn them down. I think he's the only companion to do that and the only companion to try to proposition you first. I don't think that's excessive or unrealistic, or somehow wrong and SJW. People irl proposition each other all the time and it's not always you who does it to other people, sometimes someone else does it to you. Unless no-one on this forum has been propositioned by another human being ever? That's pretty sad.

He keeps pushing the romance into you, you give him the cold sholder and almost every other choice in his dialogue options are related to ''romance'' him. You barely meet him a few times in the game and suddenly you are supposed to fuck him or at least try to at every oportunity? Where the hell is this normal in your world ? Have you even played the game ?

Lacrymas

Arcane
You weren't talking about that, you specifically said that it was "sick" that they gave you negative rep with him when you turned him down. I don't remember whether he was pushy or not, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Would it have been different had Merryl been pushy instead of Anders?

Pizzashoes

Scholar
A gay man tried to convert a friend of mine. He would repeatedly text him late at night. He would always try to get together. He would say things like, "Just try kissing me. You might enjoy it." But my friend and Hawke had effective options for dealing with the nuisance. They could have ignored him and ended all contact, or they could have killed him and again ended all contact. Actually, I only played the game once and I don't remember what you can do with the guy.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

He keeps pushing the romance into you, you give him the cold sholder and almost every other choice in his dialogue options are related to ''romance'' him. You barely meet him a few times in the game and suddenly you are supposed to fuck him or at least try to at every oportunity? Where the hell is this normal in your world ? Have you even played the game ?

Dude, it sounds like you got the short end of the natural selection stick. This is EXACTLY what it’s like to be pursued by someone, of the opposite sex or the same sex. Some people are really persistent and don’t know how to take a hint. You’ve never met anyone who you started hitting on almost immediately or vice versa? That’s how all my best relationships got started.

Also, gay people aren’t trying to “convert” you anymore than I’ve tried to “convert” the lesbians I wanted to sleep with. They’re just trying to get laid.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Yeah they're trying to get laid with someone who follows different biological drives. It's just a word I wanted to use because it connotes the kind of misguided intentions I wanted to convey.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Dude, it sounds like you got the short end of the natural selection stick. This is EXACTLY what it’s like to be pursued by someone, of the opposite sex or the same sex. Some people are really persistent and don’t know how to take a hint. You’ve never met anyone who you started hitting on almost immediately or vice versa? That’s how all my best relationships got started.

Also, gay people aren’t trying to “convert” you anymore than I’ve tried to “convert” the lesbians I wanted to sleep with. They’re just trying to get laid.

You are such a casanova, please tell me more you love guru. Have you even played the game ? It's unnatural the way they did, you meet him once and then suddenly you have multiple options of flirting with him and from there everything goes to shit, nothing makes sense.

Even this mainstream creep complained about it

But please, keep giving me those life lessons, I truly feel enlightened.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
You are such a casanova, please tell me more you love guru. Have you even played the game ? It's unnatural the way they did, you meet him once and then suddenly you have multiple options of flirting with him and from there everything goes to shit, nothing makes sense.

Of course I haven’t played Dragon Age 2. It sounded lousy when it came out and I’m not inclined to give BioWare the benefit of the doubt. But if you have a problem with aggressive romance options, that’s been Bioware’s thing since BG2. I don’t know why you insist on spending so much time playing games you allegedly hate.

What you’re describing sounds very realistic, though. There’s a reason Grindr existed before Tinder. Gay men know what they want and they are very upfront about getting it. Does DA2 railroad you into taking those options? I doubt it. Stop being a little bitch.

Anyway, I’m sure you’re much better at romancing NPCs than I am.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Of course I haven’t played Dragon Age 2. It sounded lousy when it came out and I’m not inclined to give BioWare the benefit of the doubt. But if you have a problem with aggressive romance options, that’s been Bioware’s thing since BG2. I don’t know why you insist on spending so much time playing games you allegedly hate.

What you’re describing sounds very realistic, though. There’s a reason Grindr existed before Tinder. Gay men know what they want and they are very upfront about getting it. Does DA2 railroad you into taking those options? I doubt it. Stop being a little bitch.

Get the fuck outta here, so you haven't even played the game and you act like you know the situation better than someone who did and out of the blue you start talking about fags, tinder and whatever the fuck grindr, you are pulling my leg right?:lol:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Even if he is pushy and can't take no for an answer, why is that bad or wrong in this context? That's who he is as a person, just like there are such people irl. I imagine being a somewhat attractive woman will attract these kinds of people all the time. I even had a classmate in high school who was really pushy with the girls he liked. Funnily enough, it worked for him most of the time. I just don't understand why this is such a big deal as a one-off thing.

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

Get the fuck outta here, so you haven't even played the game and you act like you know the situation better than someone who did and out of the blue you start talking about fags, tinder and whatever the fuck grindr, you are pulling my leg right?:lol:

I’m acting like what you guys are bitching about is stupid, and it would still be stupid no matter how in your face this companion is. If you’re bothered by companions hitting on you at inappropriate times—happened all the time in DA:O and less explicitly in BG2—you’re buying games from the wrong company. But presumably, this wouldn’t bother you if the companion was a busty lady so it’s not an issue of characterization.

My suspicion is that you’re afraid even fictional gay men will “convert” you. This is a very strange thing to fear. If you don’t like dick, you anal virginity is safe from Dragon Age 2.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The funny thing is that Anders isn't gay, he acts the same way towards a female PC as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom