Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

Cael

Arcane
Behemoth was modeled and named after a real life trans "comic writer" kiva is friends. They had to change the name when that person got into a controversy by wishing a particular Vet he had a beef with had died in IED and then called all vets cryptofacists. Then a few days later made fake allegations that the guy he had a beef with had been dishonorably discharged and charge with domestic violence. Which was easily shown to be completely false. This was initially played off as a conspiracy theory but they essentially admitted it in a reddit thread and then changed the name (not the picture or anything else).

So Behemoth is pretty clearly meant to be trans. Whether Glitch is I don't know of anything in the game that would show that so it would seem to be solely head canon if it were.
The obvious thing to do is to put Behemoth into reserve and when you get the chance, buy the cheapest 'mech you can. Then, put Behemoth into it and find the nearest mine patch and let nature take its course. You may consider turrets to be proactive mines if you so desire (like the real life CAPTOR mines).

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
A moment ago in the mechlab I was wondering why the fuck should I use a LRM10 instead of two LRM5 because LRM10 has the same damage, stability damage and heat output as 2xLRM5 but weights 1 tone fuckin more.

I'm no 'experten' at this game, but wouldn't one reason be that two LRM5s take up two missile hardpoints, while the LRM10 would just take one?

The obvious thing to do is to put Behemoth into reserve and when you get the chance, buy the cheapest 'mech you can. Then, put Behemoth into it and find the nearest mine patch and let nature take its course.

Or, you know, stop paying attention to things that wouldn't affect your experience in the least, if you remained ignorant of them. Behemoth, you'll always be that Amazonian bitch to me.

Cael

Arcane
Or, you know, stop paying attention to things that wouldn't affect your experience in the least, if you remained ignorant of them. Behemoth, you'll always be that Amazonian bitch to me.
I find irony to be quite stimulating and adds to my enjoyment of just about anything, not just games.

A person who wishes death on others via mines is subsequently killed via mines defines irony.

PorkBarrellGuy

Dumpster fire? Dumpster fire. I no longer care about this franchise. Just don't care anymore.

Also, apparently the game has a knack for burning up GPUs.

Hints for head hunting

4htE69JZ_o.png

"hadn't thought of that" YOU ARE BAD DEVS.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Behemoth was modeled and named after a real life trans "comic writer" kiva is friends. They had to change the name when that person got into a controversy by wishing a particular Vet he had a beef with had died in IED and then called all vets cryptofacists. Then a few days later made fake allegations that the guy he had a beef with had been dishonorably discharged and charge with domestic violence. Which was easily shown to be completely false. This was initially played off as a conspiracy theory but they essentially admitted it in a reddit thread and then changed the name (not the picture or anything else).

So Behemoth is pretty clearly meant to be trans. Whether Glitch is I don't know of anything in the game that would show that so it would seem to be solely head canon if it were.
The obvious thing to do is to put Behemoth into reserve and when you get the chance, buy the cheapest 'mech you can. Then, put Behemoth into it and find the nearest mine patch and let nature take its course. You may consider turrets to be proactive mines if you so desire (like the real life CAPTOR mines).

Yeah there is a reddit thread, made before the devs made the name change and essentially admitted this was not a conspiracy theory, by a Vet asking them to allow him to choose his starting lance so he could just avoid all this.

Many people made this same suggestion to him, a long with various people trying to paint him as a kook. Locusts being tissue paper and what not.

I don't really care myself but I do find it rather ironic that the only solution they allow is to force you into killing the "marginalized" person or at least a representation of one. Or perhaps that was the whole point, so they can call you a Nazi. Whole thing is peurile and I don't want to be involved. You will either learn to love our side or we make you a murderer, now chose cis-het scum.

Cael

Arcane
Many people made this same suggestion to him, a long with various people trying to paint him as a kook. Locusts being tissue paper and what not.
Hilariously, they are wrong as usual. The Locust has the same armour as the Commando, 5 tons its senior. It has about the same, if not the same, as the Jenner, 15 tons its senior.

The real tissue papers are the Wasp and Stinger, with 3/4 the armour of the Locust.

I don't really care myself but I do find it rather ironic that the only solution they allow is to force you into killing the "marginalized" person or at least a representation of one. Or perhaps that was the whole point, so they can call you a Nazi. Whole thing is peurile and I don't want to be involved. You will either learn to love our side or we make you a murderer, now chose cis-het scum.
Well, you could fire him as fantadomat did. The irony of getting him killed by mines is simply a more amusing method.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Hilariously, they are wrong as usual. The Locust has the same armour as the Commando, 5 tons its senior. It has about the same, if not the same, as the Jenner, 15 tons its senior.

The real tissue papers are the Wasp and Stinger, with 3/4 the armour of the Locust.

Well, you could fire him as fantadomat did. The irony of getting him killed by mines is simply a more amusing method.

Pretty sure you are forced into doing the first mission once its transitioned to the merc phase with the starting lance. Once that's done and you are back on ship and able to manage the merc company you can do whatever assuming you have the money. And of course you are unnecessarily losing money one way or the other.

A lot of people also suggested he mod the game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hints for head hunting
4htE69JZ_o.png

Jesus christ how incompetent can you be.
Expecting competence from SJWs...

Dumpster fire? Dumpster fire. I no longer care about this franchise. Just don't care anymore.

Also, apparently the game has a knack for burning up GPUs.

Hints for head hunting

4htE69JZ_o.png

"hadn't thought of that" YOU ARE BAD DEVS.
:shredder:

Would uninstall it now. Those retarded assholes should be send back to the cotton fields!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Here we go. For those not believing it's an agenda being pushed.

I mean, you just release a game, and pronouns is the big thing...

Can't wait until it is mandatory in all games.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!

Nah man, just ignore this turd and go play some CBT/MegaMek. Good for the soul :obviously:

...that is when CGL stops screwing around and gets their production back on track

Cael

Arcane

Here we go. For those not believing it's an agenda being pushed.

I mean, you just release a game, and pronouns is the big thing...

Can't wait until it is mandatory in all games.

When it is... I still have my Fallout Tactics. Muahahahahaha!

By the way, if he is less than a degree of separation from someone (which he implies only SOME of the praise he got is greater than), it actually means that that someone is his alt. So, in other words, he is praising himself using alt accounts and trying to sound big using his many account by pointing to said praise.

Last edited:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is there an effective way to target the head in this game? Feels like it's almost impossible to succeed in a strategy to pop the head off for more loot or a direct pilot damage strategy vs the AI, unless there's more weapon types I haven't seen.

Is there an effective way to target the head in this game? Feels like it's almost impossible to succeed in a strategy to pop the head off for more loot or a direct pilot damage strategy vs the AI, unless there's more weapon types I haven't seen.
Higher tactics skill makes called shots more likely to work. Aside from that, not really. Which makes sense, because if you could reliably hit the head there'd be no reason to ever aim for anything else.

lightbane

Arcane
Remember: Being pretty is an artificial thing, a symbol of the patriarchy. Men objectify women so real wymmyn do not do pretty.

;)
Hopefully mods will fix that as well*, followed by the mandatory "enhanced edition" one or two years later. That's the last opportunity I'll give HBS, because the game still has potential.

*This reminds me of that "Crusader Kings in space" from Paradox (Solaris I think): Wasn't there a shitstorm because someone made a mod that replaced human leaders with more varied races (aka not just non-white) and called a Nazi or something?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am having fun playing it. There is not much challenge currently but I fill that spot with needless maximising of my hit chances, hit angles and stuff, at least it keeps my brain occupied and does not lead to boredom :D

Hopefully in some future I can do another run once they implement harder difficulties or some Long War type mod is made.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I got rid of AA and removed some stuff like Bloom, ambient occlusion and some others and now I got decent FPS during missions (40+ or even 50 in some). This is with most graphical settings on HIGH.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
sser wants to do a review of this but it looks like we're not going to get a review key (no reply from Paradox). If anybody has a spare key they're willing to donate for the glory of the Codex, shoot me a PM.

Huh, they sent us a key after all. "So sorry for the delay!"

mustawd. You gave us your key, so I'll give you this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom