Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield Earth (1996)

EG

Nullified
Yes, from the very-dead L. Ron. Hubbard himself. Came out in 1996, bundled with a copy of his book. I had bought it for my father and can't remember anything from it beyond landing on the surface of a technicolor planet inside an egg-shaped vessel. And my father saying it was crap. Sounds fascinating, doesn't it?

Well, it seems I'm the only one to know of this, if Google can be trusted (this is the only result of note, out of whole 1s and 10s):
http://www.worldcat.org/title/battl...year-3000/oclc/49361416&referer=brief_results

Aside from a Library of Congress entry, anyway.

Anyone else know of it?

EG

Nullified
The lack of replies are almost as disheartening as the lack of search results.

9ITYK.png

LBWCA.png

d2i9I.png

*She's responding to the clarification that an audio disk was not something i desired

Details: Bought in 1997 from an Electronics Boutique in Barrie, Ontario. It was included within the back of the paperback novel. Pa liked them there books but tossed that dar disk, calling it "Stupid."

EG

Nullified
Maybe you can get a lawsuit for the codex.

http://www.xenu.net/

Uh-uh. Scientology, conspiracy, cult, lol. None of that appears relevant or anymore useful than what I've found (or had to dig up on an elementary school project regarding their beliefs). Don't give a fuck.

I'm just interested in the game itself. (And just so we're clear, I'm not talking about their shit little virtual bible from the early millennium.)

Scientology and all religion: banal, shit, boring.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I don't think you should leave your e-mail for the $cientololgists to see

EG

Nullified
Shouldn't the Church of Scientology have something on this? Contact them?
Have. No reply past the initial "We'll see" from Galaxy Press. Will harass Author Services (the copyright holder and parent company of Galaxy/Bridge) later this week.

If the Internet is to be judged on results found between 1995 and 1999, though, it would appear they don't want it to be found!

almondblight

Arcane
I wonder if it's a "Star Wars Holiday Special" thing, where it was such an embarrassment that they tried to destroy all copies. Or perhaps just garbage that was forgotten. Well, worst case scenario just look at the copy in the Library of Congress.

EG

Nullified
:necro:

Randomly thought about this during the hurricane and then found a copy on eBay, bizarrely.

Should arrive next week, assuming there isn't another interactive Battlefield Earth pre-dating the movie.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Movie was fucking HILARIOUS! As in Zardoz hilarious. A must watch, every couple of years or so,
This was the first rifftrax I saw (once I found out MST3k was essentially back). I'll never forget it now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Movie is hard to watch because of the awful camera angles and lighting effects (which you can see in that clip). Strains your eyes after awhile. Well, that and the story and acting is laughably bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom