Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Banned from ITS Forum

Bluegrazz

Novice
Poor wittle V.D. got extremely butthurt and banned me from the ITS Forum (and probably deleted the post and/or thread as he has done with other posts/threads in the past)

I just really wanted to give you a big apology for making you look stupid and using your own quotes to do so on your Forum. I should have known never to question the great Vince even if hes wrong and I should never, ever quote him from Posts written 1 1/2 years ago to show he is a dimwit.

I dont blame you bro- Especially that last post that got me banned- If I was being shown to be an idiot on my own Forum, I too would have had to take action. If I were you though, you should go through all the posts on your board and remove any comments which may be used against you in a debate- Much easier that way.

Anyhow bro- Good luck with your game. That "Read me" file is looking pretty damned polished- My hopes are high. :P

Jora

Arcane
How is it that VD's the one who's butthurt when it's you who came here to cry? :?

Seriously, people should stop taking internet so seriously.

Bluegrazz

Novice
Well, I very well couldn't apologize to him on his site could I :?

Plus, since I am sure some creative editing and deleting post's went on (again, I have no way of knowing other than past experience) so I figured I would come here where Mr. "Power Trip" cannot edit or ban my words... Basically a nice neutral ground where VD may choose to comment or not- But if he does, he cant just boot me if he doesn't like what I say.

Snall Trippin

Novice
You know someone is right if they have to go find another place to post how right they were, and then call the other person stupid in three or four different sentences. Good on ya!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Bluegrazz said:
Basically a nice neutral ground where VD may choose to comment or not- But if he does, he cant just boot me if he doesn't like what I say.
Cupcake, you didn't have anything to say. You whined. Eventually I got bored with your whining and helped you move on.

Bluegrazz

Novice
PlanHex said:
Let's see the quotes then.

1 of them was (from memory) "Thanks man I appreciate your interest- AOD should be released this fall."- From March 08

1 of them was a compilation of him saying "Things take time to make these games, this is very complex stuff and I only have 4 people working part time" This one has been the same basic quote from 4 years ago until today- Mix that in with "Almost ready", "almost done" etc. etc.- BTW this is hard to do from memory, pls go to the ITS forum and read the whole thread about "Whats delaying the demo" and (hopefully) you will see the quotes I used.

Bluegrazz

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
Bluegrazz said:
Basically a nice neutral ground where VD may choose to comment or not- But if he does, he cant just boot me if he doesn't like what I say.
Cupcake, you didn't have anything to say. You whined. Eventually I got bored with your whining and helped you move on.

Thanks for that Vince- I knew you would find me here :wink:

Is that how you handle criticism? Kinda like how you make threads disppear that look very negative on you- i.e. Donations thread?

Oh, and since you said ITS is not a business (or did you remove where you said that) and I asked if I can have a copy of AOD for free then (because business charge money) I still never got an answer (my 2nd to last post)- So can I?

Snall Trippin

Novice
Stupid people, don't try to make intelligent (Read 'witty') comments. It makes you look funny on internet. (I know you know not to try in real life..you've learned that..unless you're rich or kill people for a living and people are scared of you of course..).

Noted? Good.

Silellak

Cipher
Bluegrazz said:
Vince, you have wrong about every fucking thing that comes out of your mouth- Your whole "shit takes time making game, blah, blah spare time, blah , blah" has been your excuse for 4 fucking years.

Bluegrazz said:
You have already graduated to Dumbfuck and are working on a Masters in lying dumb fuck.... This isnt about "err i could do it in 2 months" this is about fucking 6 years of the SAME excuses. "Oh Ive explained this a Million times"- lolololol No shit and you'll have to explain it a million more at this rate.

Wow. It's really shocking you got banned. Simply unbelievable.

Bluegrazz

Novice
Silellak said:
Bluegrazz said:
You have already graduated to Dumbfuck and are working on a Masters in lying dumb fuck.... This isnt about "err i could do it in 2 months" this is about fucking 6 years of the SAME excuses. "Oh Ive explained this a Million times"- lolololol No shit and you'll have to explain it a million more at this rate.

Not saying I was shocked at all- I actually knew it was coming. I also didnt start with the "Graduated to Dumbfuck" as that was a play on Vinces words to me- Turnabout is fair play.

I still wanna know if I can play for free since ITS isnt a business.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Bluegrazz said:
Is that how you handle criticism?
What criticism? What exactly did you criticize other than the fact that the game is still in development when you feel it should have been released a long time ago?

Kinda like how you make threads disppear that look very negative on you- i.e. Donations thread?
Very negative on me? Well, watch, I'll make it reappear, just for you.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/in ... 819.0.html

I parked it in the Admin forum because it was posted too early and served no purpose (i.e. there is absolutely no reason to discuss donations when the demo hasn't been released yet).

Oh, and since you said ITS is not a business (or did you remove where you said that) and I asked if I can have a copy of AOD for free then (because business charge money) I still never got an answer (my 2nd to last post)- So can I?
What's with the fantasies that I edit posts? I said "Iron Tower isn't a business yet". YET is the keyword.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hahaha.... Oh, guys like him must have a very hard life. All that seemingly silly anger must come from somewhere :)

Almost epic butthurt detected.

Silellak

Cipher
Bluegrazz said:
Silellak said:
Bluegrazz said:

Not saying I was shocked at all- I actually knew it was coming. I also didnt start with the "Graduated to Dumbfuck" as that was a play on Vinces words to me- Turnabout is fair play.

Right. They aren't a business yet. Have you given them money yet? Oh, you haven't? Then what the fuck are you bitching about?

Actually, that's the real question I want to answer - what exactly are you bitching about? What is your criticism that you want VD to so desperately address? What, exactly, does ITS owe you?

Bluegrazz

Novice
Yeah Vince- That seems to be a real sore spot with you. Anyone who wants to know whats taking so long get blasted by you- Like its personally insulting.

Your answer. "These things take time- Making a Game is hard- 4 people- spare time"
Okay, fine. But after this many years and how many "Its almost finished" does that excuse work? It was almost finished in March 08 (and many other times) and yet, nothing... Then when people ask (because theres no REAL update on progress) you get pissed and "These things take time- making a game is hard- 4 people- spare time) like that explains everything.

You didnt like it that I said thats a Bullshit excuse since it has been THE excuse for like 4 years... And yet we keep getting statements like yours from march 08.

Snall Trippin

Novice
Yea, games with 50 developers are never in production for over three or four years! ...seriously Blue, you need a better hobby or more logical reasoning abilities.

'Almost' is not a quantifiable nor numerical equation of real time.

I cannot spell so some of those words might not be rightly looking.

EDIT - To be perfectly fair (Well, fair-ish) I feel that you can be justifiably frustrated that a possible good game has not been released, but poking people over and over because of it does not a good life make.

Silellak

Cipher
Bluegrazz said:
Yeah Vince- That seems to be a real sore spot with you. Anyone who wants to know whats taking so long get blasted by you- Like its personally insulting.

Your answer. "These things take time- Making a Game is hard- 4 people- spare time"
Okay, fine. But after this many years and how many "Its almost finished" does that excuse work? It was almost finished in March 08 (and many other times) and yet, nothing... Then when people ask (because theres no REAL update on progress) you get pissed and "These things take time- making a game is hard- 4 people- spare time) like that explains everything.

You didnt like it that I said thats a Bullshit excuse since it has been THE excuse for like 4 years... And yet we keep getting statements like yours from march 08.

Vault Dweller said:
I see your point.

AI took a lot longer than we anticipated. Both general AI (how to fight intelligently and don't fall for cheap exploits), weapon specific AI (a spearman NPC will use different tactics than a swordsman), and AI levels (a veteran soldier will fight in a different manner than a street thug). That's what we spent the last 4 weeks on.

Because the AI is complex, there are a lot of issues that had to be fixed. I'm not even sure we got them all, but 90% of it work as intended and that's good enough for now. We'll fix the rest later.

Then we decided to make AP transferable. Some will call it feature creeping, some will think it's a good idea. It's probably a bit of both, but it's a good feature. On paper we didn't see the need for it. After playing the game for months, you see what's clearly missing. That's why we added attacks of opportunity, which changed the game and required transferable APs because falling back was no longer a viable tactic. These two feature and all the tweaks, including AI tweaks, probably delayed the demo by another 4 weeks.

As for the rest - read the feedback of the second phase testers. I think it's pretty clear that even though the demo was enjoyable overall, there were plenty of areas requiring some attention.

Yeah. He totally told that guy to fuck off and die. Absolutely no explanation here.

I am curious why you think ITS owes you any sort of explanation for anything. Are you a shareholder? That's the only possible excuse I can see.

Do you go to Blizzard boards and demand to know why their games are delayed? Or do you think ITS owes you more because they're a small studio whose developers are more communicative than most mainstream developers are?

Bluegrazz

Novice
Silellak said:
Bluegrazz said:
Silellak said:
Bluegrazz said:

Right. They aren't a business yet. Have you given them money yet? Oh, you haven't? Then what the fuck are you bitching about?

Actually, that's the real question I want to answer - what exactly are you bitching about? What is your criticism that you want VD to so desperately address? What, exactly, does ITS owe you?

First off- if you dont grasp the concept that ITS is a business (regardless of them having taken my money) I dont know what to say... They have talked about selling a game they are making, talked about price points, what it comes with (evidently they have talked with a printer about manuals, etc.) with the intention of selling the product... So nobody has been paid yet and they may not have filed a DBA (or equivalent depending on Country) but to say they are not a Business would be incorrect... At least in the context this was brought up (regarding deadlines- )

I dont think ITS owes me anything- My intention was to find out what the hell was going on with the Demo. No I wasnt kissing Vinces ass like the Fanbois- Vince wants our money for a game I have been following for a couple years. Vince consecutively gets everything wrong regarding anything about this game and when we might see it. I was kinda calling him out to give some sort of real answer (not a 'deadline' ) on progress.

This was only the second time I posted anything negative about the game (I was a defender when people were saying its vaporware 2 years ago) and when I got a fairly good answer- Vince posted, and so the story goes... It actually became kinda fun, so I continued to post more negatively every time he did- I enjoyed it (yeah, sad) and had more fun on the ITS boards than I ever had in the past.

I got banned- The fun ended. Now I am pissed :twisted:

Now we are here but sinse I cant look at the ITS board,, I cant find other fun Vince quotes and its not so fun- But I dont have anything better to do for the next couple days .

So, Vince- You owe me some quotes. Say something. Dammit.

obediah

Erudite
Bluegrazz said:
PlanHex said:

1 of them was (from memory) "Thanks man I appreciate your interest- AOD should be released this fall."- From March 08

1 of them was a compilation of him saying "Things take time to make these games, this is very complex stuff and I only have 4 people working part time" This one has been the same basic quote from 4 years ago until today- Mix that in with "Almost ready", "almost done" etc. etc.- BTW this is hard to do from memory, pls go to the ITS forum and read the whole thread about "Whats delaying the demo" and (hopefully) you will see the quotes I used.

Wow, you should go into investigative reporting! Without your hard work no one ever would have known that VD's estimates on AoD aren't worth much. I'm curious - how many Thursdays in a row, did you jump out of bed to check the ITS site for a download link before you started working to uncover this scandal?

Bluegrazz

Novice
Snall Trippin said:
Yea, games with 50 developers are never in production for over three or four years! ...seriously Blue, you need a better hobby or more logical reasoning abilities.

'Almost' is not a quantifiable nor numerical equation of real time.

I cannot spell so some of those words might not be rightly looking.

EDIT - To be perfectly fair (Well, fair-ish) I feel that you can be justifiably frustrated that a possible good game has not been released, but poking people over and over because of it does not a good life make.

Yeah, but we are comparing apples to oranges here... What about Escalon or depths of peril? We can talk about how advanced AOD is but I havnt played it- Could be like a Voguel game for all I know.

Also- grammar is overrated- especially on the Internet.

Snall Trippin

Novice
obediah said:
Bluegrazz said:
PlanHex said:

Wow, you should go into investigative reporting! Without your hard work no one ever would have known that VD's estimates on AoD aren't worth much. I'm curious - how many Thursdays in a row, did you jump out of bed to check the ITS site for a download link before you started working to uncover this scandal?

And that sir is how mild wit is used on the internet.

*golf clap* Ok I can now leave this thread.

EDIT- For post above: Eschalon Book I is horribly unbalanced and not very complex at all, Depths of Peril is even less complex (If more balanced-ish and fun).

Silellak

Cipher
Bluegrazz said:
This was only the second time I posted anything negative about the game (I was a defender when people were saying its vaporware 2 years ago) and when I got a fairly good answer- Vince posted, and so the story goes... It actually became kinda fun, so I continued to post more negatively every time he did- I enjoyed it (yeah, sad) and had more fun on the ITS boards than I ever had in the past.

Fuck man. Get a hobby.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom