Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Banished - Medieval SimCity

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Interface is fine for a one man project. If I can live with M&B's interface I can live with this.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The UI looks like it doesn't really fit a medieval setting, but it's very clean. Good enough for me.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I've had no luck getting an advance copy of my own, but fucking Eldergeek gets one. I see how it is... :(

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll probably pick this up a week after release, assuming the user reviews are generally positive.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I've been looking forward to it but judging by the review it doesn't seem challenging enough, which is unfortunate. I expected much greater emphasis on survival and it seems like this is only an issue early on. I hope mods will fix it.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I am so fucking getting this right now.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I want to buy it, but mah card monies! Better wait for Steam then. :(

I'm also curious how he managed to squeeze a game like this into less than 100mb. It's very odd.

Angthoron

Arcane
Melonhead magic.

Anyway, bought it, gonna give it a spiiiiin. Pretty excited about it, and the mod kit thing should hopefully add a lot to the game as well, once that's out.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Just did the tutorials. They were short and well-made.
Music and sounds are great, graphics are not fantastic, but very clear and entirely lag-free (I have a great computer but can barely play Anno games etc. cuz they're littered with shader shit).
Now to start my first little society!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
First town wasn't very long-lived.

I overrated fishing as a means for food collection. Should have built a hunter's cabin. Damnation!
I also built farmlands without realizing the need for seeds (which on Hard is only acquirable through trading AFAIK). Tricky shit, but I'll get it right next time. Which is now. Now is next time. *tabs back in*

Angthoron

Arcane
Playing through the tutorials right now, like Zed says, they're well-made and informative, the UI is Good For What It Is, I mean, it's pretty bare-bones, but it does what you would want it to do for you, information is clear and accessible, fonts/contrast is fine.

Music is nice, animations are, well, decent - the buildings have several stages of being built, I guess 4 or 5 steps from "zoned" to "complete", character models are fairly low-poly but I imagine that much of the things I'd mention about graphics will get overhauled with mods in a few months, anyway. Weather effects are quite nice, overall world looks appropriate, citizen AI is, so far, working as intended without any derps. FPS rate is very smooth. Music's pretty good.

Basically, this sort of feels like Stronghold in the non-combat phases, when you build your village up, except without the possibility to mass spam apple orchards and with your citizens in actual real danger of dying to starvation/cold/disease. And with more complex mechanics. And AI.

But yeah, still in tutorials, tabbing back to play moar.

And yeah, I can already see myself sinking hours and hours into this.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom