Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Twitch Stream

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The QA standards of the original games were at least as non-existent as the ones for the Enhanced Editions.
Post of the decade in "why do you lie" category and definitely plant worthy.

Imagine that many people here actually played IE games on release and know for a fact that, for example, even completely unpatched BG II didn't feature stuff like very first quests in the game broken, map environments resetting at random or enemies turning away from your party and firing their spells in the opposite directions - all of which happened when I first tried BG II EE.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Is it possible to play SoD without going through BG1 again? And to just select what NPCs from BG1 I should have with me?

Yes. It will be the same as being able to select starting right off in Throne of Bhaal once it's installed. Unsure how the NPCs work, or what BG1 NPCs are making the journey to the expansion. There are also 4 new ones that are SoD exclusive.

I don't mean to be argumentative about this but I haven't been able to find anything written to substantiate your claim.

I checked for a couple of days on Beamdog's forums and no mention was ever made of being able to start SoD without having to somehow finish BG:EE first. IOW, I believe you have to have killed Sarevok and be "waiting" at the end of BG in order to be ready to transition to SoD. In fact, I started looking into BG:EE-compatible trainers in order to manually level-up a character and just attempt to breeze through the BG content in preparation for SoD.

Hope I'm wrong and I very well could be. Did you have a link establishing your statement?

Electryon

Savant
I don't mean to be argumentative about this but I haven't been able to find anything written to substantiate your claim.

I checked for a couple of days on Beamdog's forums and no mention was ever made of being able to start SoD without having to somehow finish BG:EE first. IOW, I believe you have to have killed Sarevok and be "waiting" at the end of BG in order to be ready to transition to SoD. In fact, I started looking into BG:EE-compatible trainers in order to manually level-up a character and just attempt to breeze through the BG content in preparation for SoD.

Hope I'm wrong and I very well could be. Did you have a link establishing your statement?

A specific link?? No, but I am very certain that Siege of Dragonspear is being implemented in the style of Throne of Bhaal. Once you IMPORT your character to the expansion, you won't be able to visit the old areas, just as in Throne of Bhaal. The new areas (even if they take place in familiar locations) are going to be their own maps. And in Throne of Bhaal, you definitely have the option of starting at that point with fresh character if you choose to do so. Anyway, I hang out on the Beamdog forums enough to have seen this mentioned several times, and I wouldn't worry about having to play through BGEE all the way if you don't want to. It would be incredibly stupid of them to force that upon players, especially since most of the people who buy the game will have already completed Baldur's Gate more than once at a minimum.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Thank you, Rivmusique. That's exactly what I was looking for. I guess those threads were just too buried for me to have found them.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
But I want to choose what NPCs I start with. Hope somebody posts some console commands for that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom