Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I do mind when they pretend it is about bad writing when they have not made such a bit deal about shit writing in the past.
Dude, one of the main shtick of the Codex is to ridicule bad writing, even if it is not bad.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I do mind when they pretend it is about bad writing when they have not made such a bit deal about shit writing in the past.
Dude, one of the main shtick of the Codex is to ridicule bad writing, even if it is not bad.
Not to these levels and not over so little material. I have been around here long enough to know a difference between a witchhunt and regular making fun of.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not to these levels and not over so little material. I have been around here long enough to know a difference between a witchhunt and regular making fun of.

I remember the Codex giving most of the TES games a lot of shit for bad writing. The Codex never gave a pass to any of Bioware's recent titles either.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I remember the Codex giving most of the TES games a lot of shit for bad writing. The Codex never gave a pass to any of Bioware's recent titles either.
Not all writing in SoD is this level. Most of it is at least decent, a few bad examples jump out and most of those have been covered here. But if you look at them objectively it is not much. Certainly not at TES levels where finding any good writing is a quest for holy chalice. But TES games are more shit on for its lack of gameplay which is replaced by a walking simulator and c/p dungeons.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Ed Greenwood is too old to understand what's going on, but somebody kept bothering the old man about trannies till he wrote a post.

14d53d58d2c5e1eda0b2a5d4128bf696.png

https://www.facebook.com/TheEdVerse/posts/10153297537951534

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ed Greenwood is too old to understand what's going on, but somebody kept bothering the old man about trannies till he wrote a post.

14d53d58d2c5e1eda0b2a5d4128bf696.png

https://www.facebook.com/TheEdVerse/posts/10153297537951534
That is funny. When old people support right wing narrative they are right and everyone else who does not agree with them is a millennial, but when they support left wing narrative they are too old to understand?!
Or maybe every person has its own opinion on things without other people needing to call them things immediately?

mastroego

Arcane
Muh, feelings, opprèshun, etc. etc.
Too easy too predict, as much as it's beside the point.

Don't care, as long as the title tanks - hard, possibly.

Turjan

Arcane
I'm sure Ed Greenwood was mostly remembering his own struggles here. Wizards always tried to keep him on a very short leash.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Greenwood being progressive is funny considering how much Lesi loathed him (though it's pretty normal for her to loathe white progressives more than any kind of conservative).

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Greenwood being progressive is funny considering how much Lesi loathed him (though it's pretty normal for her to loathe white progressives more than any kind of conservative).

Fuck knows what Lesi actually believed. She contradicts herself all the time.

Bastion

Educated
That is funny. When old people support right wing narrative they are right and everyone else who does not agree with them is a millennial, but when they support left wing narrative they are too old to understand?!
Or maybe every person has its own opinion on things without other people needing to call them things immediately?
I see someone has no knowledge about the difference between the left wing and the right one.

You are free to do anything what you want, but it doesn't change that I am allowed to call you adequately to your statement. You can wear skirts and call yourself a non-binary transgender person, but at the same time I can call you mentally disable. Do you really think that the right wing people care about pederast / trannies and what they are doing among themselves?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fuck knows what Lesi actually believed. She contradicts herself all the time.

Herself above all others. She has no particular leverage over conservatives, whether positive or negative. She can get progressives to feel bad about themselves, and if not that, then get other progressives to turn on them.

tet666

Augur
ArchAngel, nice to see you in the nfohump SOD thread. Are you searching out every SOD thread on the internet to post in?

Edit: Actually tet666 copy pasting ArchAngel's posts. HMM
I don't even know what nfohump is. Why is someone c/p my posts somewhere else?

Because i can and i thought it was funny that he came here and called you out for it actually made it even more fun ^^

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I do kinda feel sorry for Ed.

It sounds like someone has dragged him into a controversy he neither understands, nor has any place in.

Xenich

Cipher
Sorry I don't use logic...

Yes... we know, in fact... it was kind of the point of why you were such an idiot that you could not understand a very blatant and obvious relational logic example.

It is ok though, I understand you are "possibly retarded"?
So we are in a magic circle. One of you idiots quotes my tag and I tell you you got no argument so you move on to insulting. And you say..

Your tag is earned, well earned as anyone who isn't "possibly retarded" would understand that I have already dealt with your argument previously, yet because you are "possibly retarded", you keep avoiding it and acting like somehow I am being immature because you are too stupid to understand a very basic and relevant logical example.

In very basic terms, so even stupid people like you can understand....

Having even just a small amount of incompetent rhetoric such as pushed in their game can turn someone off to the experience an ruin the game for them.

It is just like...

Finding something nasty in your food and having it ruin the entire meal.

How you can not seem to get this point through your stupid fucking head is beyond me.

You not "possibly retarded", rather it is confirmed, you are full on fucking retard.

Art Vandelay

Prophet

Yes... we know, in fact... it was kind of the point of why you were such an idiot that you could not understand a very blatant and obvious relational logic example.

So we are in a magic circle. One of you idiots quotes my tag and I tell you you got no argument so you move on to insulting. And you say..

Your tag is earned, well earned as anyone who isn't "possibly retarded" would understand that I have already dealt with your argument previously, yet because you are "possibly retarded", you keep avoiding it and acting like somehow I am being immature because you are too stupid to understand a very basic and relevant logical example.

Having even just a small amount of incompetent rhetoric such as pushed in their game can turn someone off to the experience an ruin the game for them.

It is just like...

How you can not seem to get this point through your stupid fucking head is beyond me.

You not "possibly retarded", rather it is confirmed, you are full on fucking retard.

He understands allright,he's just too rude and self absorbed to admit it.

ArchAngel

Arcane

It is just like...

:edgy:
(because people like you don't deserve time to make a good post)

Xenich

Cipher
These fucking retarded fucks don't get it. Neither do Ed Greenwoods. Gods and deities can change gender as much as they want, but we are talking about a character here who is not transgender by his/her own choice, but because he/she feels that he/she was born in the body of the opposite gender. As most transgender do.

Then tell me, if you think you are in the wrong body, but you have the means to change this, wouldn't you do that? This is simple logic FFS! SIMPLE LOGIC! In the FR universe you can change genders easiy, then why the fuck is someone transgender?

"- Oh, my dear Bhaalspawn, you see that I'm not what I look like. my soul is of a woman, but I was born in the body of a man. I'm slaving away in the wrong body. Sigh, but I guess I have to deal with what I got.
"- Ummm, I have a belt of Gender Change with me, and I saw at least a dozen Gender Change spells back in the city, don't you want to change your body so your soul and body fit eachother?
- ....ummm...I....no, no, no, I'm a poor transgendered character..
- But you can change this, do you like being transgendered? Don't you wan't to live in a body which fits you? You can do that quite easily.
- NO NO NO, LEAVE ME ALONE, I'M A POOR TRANSGEN....
- POWER WORD: DIE"

This is why they aren't gamers, they are political hacks or idiots who "just want to be entertained". These are the worthless pieces of shit who used to tease people who had lengthy discussions over mechanics, rules, physics, etc... in games, calling them "nerds". You can still see them on various forums insulting and dismissing discussion on details of game play or reality within the game as you discuss above because they think it is stupid to go into such depth of evaluation in a "silly video game".

It was bad enough when these complete idiots started playing games and then keep demanding for "game play" features to be dumbed down or removed so they can you know... have "their fun", but now these worthless meat bags have been pushing to turn the industry into the same worthless mainstream TV entertainment they are drones for, all with "PC" topics of the day to educate the poor unenlightened backward thinkers of today.

Xenich

Cipher
(because people like you don't deserve time to make a good post)[/QUOTE]

Can someone promote him to full on retard please? I would hate for the good folks of "possibly retarded" to be confused with this idiot, it does them a disservice.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Can someone promote him to full on retard please? I would hate for the good folks of "possibly retarded" to be confused with this idiot, it does them a disservice.
This is why my ignore list is empty, because I get to have fun by court fools on this and other forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenich

Cipher

This is why my ignore list is empty, because I get to have fun by court fools on this and other forums.

Yes, that is it... it is all part of your plan... you know.. to act retarded and have people repeatedly point out you are an idiot... it is all going to plan!

Wait.. they call that narcissism. You are so clever you!!! Oh you!!! Clever little fella!

Sprout

Educated
The amount of vitriol in this thread is staggering. I think somebody needs to calm down, or a lot of somebodies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom