Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Pre-Release Thread

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Heh. if you like Bethesda so much that is your problem. Don't be stupid. And, that comes from someone who couldn't be bothered to finish DA MMO. Betehsda is just plain shit. SHIT SHIT SHIT

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Even BG series is not as good as daggerfall, or even arena."

Bullshitz. Every single ES game is not even worthy of 1/10 rating. THEY SUCK WORSE THAN ALL GAMES COMBINED!!

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Heh. if you like Bethesda so much that is your problem. Don't be stupid. And, that comes from someone who couldn't be bothered to finish DA MMO. Betehsda is just plain shit. SHIT SHIT SHIT

Fair enough - different strokes for different folks. As long as you admit Bioware has gone down the toilet.
I'm not about to start a E-War over Bethesda games - they definitely aren't -that- good.

Lhynn

Arcane
beths shit shit shit is still better than biowares latest 4 games (oblivion excluded)

And arena is better than any game bioware has put out since nwn.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
One thing I like about this site is the hypocrisy. "Bethesda and BioWare are destroying gaming." *Buys Inquisition and Fallout: 4* :lol:

That's why I don't take you motherfuckers, or this site, seriously.

I will say that I did enjoy the Baldur's Gate: EE. I bought both of them. One thing I was upset about was that the new companions weren't as good as the ones already present; although, a few of the companions already in-game are just trash.

For example, no idea how anyone can stand Minsc, Anomen, and Jan. I kicked them all from my group because they were so fucking annoying. Nothing at all funny about Minsc and Jan, and of course, Anomen gets super annoying. Compared to those three, the Beamdog companions are brilliant.

Actually, Dorn was a good companion. Not sure why anyone would hate on him. I didn't do any romance shit, though. I'm not sure how the romance is written, but he didn't try to romance me in Baldur's Gate. I didn't get far enough with him in Shadow of Amn, though. Rasaad was a bit boring, though. Reminded me of Valygar.

I'm definitely waiting to finish another playthrough when this interquel comes out.

LizardWizard

Prophet
That's why I don't take you motherfuckers, or this site, seriously.

I will say that I did enjoy the Baldur's Gate: EE. I bought both of them.

:codexisfor:

lol if you gave beamdog money for copy/paste and fanfic character writing.

Andhaira

Arcane
Icewind Dale EE is excellent. Only an idiot would claim otherwise; not only do you get the higher rezo + better UI from BGII, you also get all the Kits and new spells from BGII.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
:codexisfor:

lol if you gave beamdog money for copy/paste and fanfic character writing.

lol at you being broke.

I also bought AoE: II HD edition, and I would buy an Alpha Centauri HD edition. Are you going to say something useful anytime soon? I'm just wondering.

Also, read my post above about companions. Actually, Dorn is better than the three companions I've mentioned. So please, tell me how much you enjoyed Minsc's cringe-worthy nonsense about "butt-kicking," or Jan's shit dialogue about griffins. I'm pretty sure Dorn, Rasaad, and Neera are, at the very least, improvements over those three I've mentioned.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
I think I will remain cautious until a review comes out. If it's as bad as the fanfiction of the "Enhanced Edition" I think I will pass.

Desur

Educated
Patron
BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I wonder to what extent the expansion will boost BG:EE sales. If SoD is any good many people will probably consider playing it, if they haven't bought EE yet they will have incentive to do so now (I did back when it came out for the multiplayer - the original was too unstable for online play and I've beat the game with my friends so it was money well spent for me, say what you will). The screens looks rather interesting, the environments offer way more variety than Baldur's Gate (which isn't hard I admit) so if they don't go over the top with the plot it might be really nice.

Also both Bioware and Bethesda are terrible in their own unique ways.

pippin

Releasing it as DLC on Steam is not the best idea, though. It reduces the visibility of your product quite a lot. I think the SRR devs had this problem when the original Dragonfall was released.

Sinatar

Arbiter
Releasing it as DLC on Steam is not the best idea, though. It reduces the visibility of your product quite a lot. I think the SRR devs had this problem when the original Dragonfall was released.

Yea it really should be a standalone product.

ArchAngel

Arcane
They don't even need to sell it to new people, just mailing everyone owning bgee would be lots of sales since they sold 1 mil bgee copies.

Weasel
Yea it really should be a standalone product.

From what I recall WotC have a policy of not licensing games using previous versions of DnD. This is exploiting some sort of loophole by being spun as an "expansion" for an old game.

They can just sell it in a pack with BGEE though. Sure, it may affect visibility on Steam. But I'd guess this is a product that people will seek out anyway, so less dependent on visibility.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Icewind Dale EE is excellent. Only an idiot would claim otherwise; not only do you get the higher rezo + better UI from BGII, you also get all the Kits and new spells from BGII.
Lame attempt at sarcasm is lame.
:0/5:

Not really interested anyway, somehow the IE games didn't age well for me, can't play any of them except PS:T without quitting after a few hours because boring chars, boring settings, rage inducing RTwP combat and general lack of fun.
Really wished BG2 wasn't such a clusterfuck combat-wise, spells or skills to identify enemy weaknesses and more available information about enemies in general would make it much more tactical, even with that RTwP shit.
The way it is it's either a going through the motions (that work) game or complete trial and error (lots of reloads).

Last edited:

Andhaira

Arcane
Lame attempt at sarcasm is lame.
:0/5:

Not really interested anyway, somehow the IE games didn't age well for me, can't play any of them except PS:T without quitting after a few hours because boring chars, boring settings, rage inducing RTwP combat and general lack of fun.
Really wished BG2 wasn't such a clusterfuck combat-wise, spells or skills to identify enemy weaknesses and more available information about enemies in general would make it much more tactical, even with that RTwP shit.
The way it is it's either a going through the motions (that work) game or complete trial and error (lots of reloads).

So you hate the IE games because you suck at the combat?

The games are based on AD&D 2e; there was no method in the core rule set to 'identify enemy weaknesses'. Luckily there is a 'story mode' option in the EE games for people such as you.

pippin

Fact: IE combat is a clusterfuck only if you have ADD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom