Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Modding in 2012? (Are all of the "big" mods awful?)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
or you could just come up with something better

Then why do a PnP module if you are going to change everything in it? Than just make your own new module and call it something else.

You really should just keep your shitposting in GD just FYI.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Classic Adventures is pretty darn good, unfortunately it's development has ceased as far as I know - the website has been defunct for a couple of years I guess. A pity really, still it's probably the best total conversion in Infinite engine.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Some of those screens were ripped from ToEE.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63

""Begins With: Imoen: (...)
(Looking at Imoen, you notice Imoen has been staring into space for quite a long time now, completely lost in thought.)

(She looks incredibly absorbed by her inner world. You think she wouldn't notice at all if a meteor fell right in front of her.)

Alright, so now you know what to look for in the game files (Hope that helps ya bro)

Random Weird Things She Said in the Conversation:

-Also I didn't like guys at all...

- I've always thought that I truly liked women...

- We were destined to be together regardless of our gender (That one really bothers me in a Male to Female Romance, haha.)

- (After calling you her 'love') Heh... calling you that sounds so strange...but...

Additionally, I just reread everything (entirely), I'm not wrong. She openly states that she kissed the half-elf girl and played with her self whilst imagining the half-elf's naked body (Which she had seen earlier). And also states she has naughty dreams about dryads.

That doesn't sound 'confused' to me, that sounds like something a lesbian would so.

I'd also like to not that, althought I am Christian, I have no problem with homosexuals. I don't evangalize or do the whole fire and brimstome bullshit. I'm merely just offering advice about something in the Imoen Romance that seems kind of odd when the PC is Male.""

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Speaking of the Imoen romance, I was putting together another BG2 install and while hunting down info on a mod I randomly came across this: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/54515-why-nobody-should-get-imoen-romance/

Some of [the imoincest fanbase] were really just normal people who liked the expansion of her and <CHARNAME>'s story and childhood, and weren't playing for the incest factor. A lot of people really weren't playing for the incest factor, but yes, we had people who were way too into incest, or rape, or hentai, or whatever.

We had a lot of foreign people on there, and unfortunately there was a LOT of inter-team dating. Yes, I did date people from there, yes, I actually married one of them, but I will say that painkillers plus college led to a terrible decision. He's a cool dude and all, just not ready to be in a relationship like that.

Among the crazy, we had one guy who was a black dude from Poland who accused everybody of racism when we told him that his pages-long rant about the EU gaming people banning use of child models in games was insane and creepy. He was pissed that they weren't in there to kill because "Posted Image MY IMMERSION", and that's it. He was also really really into drawing Chaos Marines before I knew what they were.

One dude who tried to get with me constantly introduced me to [cheap alcohol site] as he is apparently a connoisseur of s***ty alcohol. He was a pathological liar as well, lived in his parents' basement, and stalked a lot of girls from the place by doing internet detective work and digging up phone numbers. When his oh-so debonair self just couldn't seem to get interest out of me, he made up a girlfriend so I would get jealous. Her name was Lexi, she was British, addicted to heroin, and stripping her way through law school. He literally thought I would buy that, but it didn't take much prodding for him to admit that he made her up. After everyone found out, he tried to make "Lexi" look real to THEM by making her a forums account and having her post a couple of times, still maintaining that they were boyfriend/girlfriend.
I think the cherry on the sundae is that the dude easily had 10-15 years on most of the girls.

There was the spergin' dude who I got to be friends with IRL and it turned out that he wrote Posted ImagePosted Imagethe worst thingPosted ImagePosted Image [link removed - it's a shock site]. I believe he lost custody of his daughter in his divorce because of that whole ASSTR page.

As far as the ladies went, it was a toss-up. We had some cool chicks in there who were just fans of the character... and we had chicks with 0 redeeming qualities fantasizing about getting raped by Sarevok and s***. Sh**ting up IRC with links to "hawt yaoi fics", s***ting up the legit play-by-post D&D game I tried to run on there with their supar-sexii kawaii bishounen yaoi with purple hair and a 12inch d****, or s****ting up both there AND the normal forums by constantly talking in detail about sex they would never have.

So, while we had normal people, we also had a bunch of That Guys. It got VERY VERY creepy, because there seriously ended up being this weird idolization of myself and any other VAs who were trying on the series. It got REALLY bad for me, since I had a fancy account with bells and whistles that was all about me being ~*~Imoen's Voice In The Mod~*~ with special titles and avatars and shit, and there was literally a fan-club that popped up around me, and then some other dude who was "opposed" to my fan-club and so HE had one and there were elaborate and frightening signature banners like FYAD and it was all very terrible.

There was a mass exodus after we had literal proof that the mod s*** was all Mirabbo's [mod writer] wank dream. His wife showed up to bawl me and some of the other female VAs out because of the "conversations" she had been seeing between us and him. She said it was the exact kind of roleplay sex fantasy s*** he was trying to get her to do, and she said no, so she thought he was cheating on her with us because we were from the internet and would do just about anything for a fetish.

Those conversations were the f****ing script he wrote for the mod. We ran.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
truly fascinating. keep the dish comin!!

btw, i'd like to point out that in the imoen romance website forum the poster titles were things like:

Initiate of Imoen
Embodiment of Imoen

Make of that what you will :D :) :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom