Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Yosharian

Arcane
Was a mostly bugfix patch yet there are still tons of item bugs

Also someone on Discord says there is another freecast Sorc bug that was untouched

He refuses to elaborate because he doesn't want Larian to patch it out lol

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
full notes have some noteworthy balance changes

Fixed Spiritual Weapon and Spirit Guardian receiving a to-hit bonus in Tactician Mode.

Dragonborns' Breath Weapon attack now scales with your character level and uses Constitution as its Saving Throw.

Fixed Shield of Thralls being able to stun allies.

Characters that leave the location you're in will now have their summons dismissed.

Fixed the Sharpshooter feat not applying its penalty to off-hand ranged attacks.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Lorroakan can no longer cast his signature reaction spell, Elemental Retort, when silenced.
This one fucked up me good yesterday night, sad to see that they "fixed" it. Not it is just another "focus on caster and then laugh" fight. His reaction one shor Astarion a ranger with good hp, yesterday.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
  • Lorroakan can no longer cast his signature reaction spell, Elemental Retort, when silenced.
This one fucked up me good yesterday night, sad to see that they "fixed" it. Not it is just another "focus on caster and then laugh" fight. His reaction one shor Astarion a ranger with good hp, yesterday.

Yeah that fight stood out amongst a sea of extremely easy ones as requiring some input.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I made Gale a necromancer because I figured it'd go well with Necromancy of Thay but the available necromancy spells are meh and so are the summons. Lame.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
after much trying i managed to free prisoners without any blame on me.

1. throw/push orbs to their deaths. One on top of the tower ive killed, then went down quickly whily warden went to investigate. All seemed good
2. bard starts performing by the paladin guard, thus grabbing attention of 2 patrolling npcs
3. grab a tea, gnomes will need a while
4. one of the characters talks to the boat crew(went there by jumping)
5. profit

btw speech checks are bugged on top of the warden tower, you will always get kicked out

Avarize

Magister

Yeah that fight stood out amongst a sea of extremely easy ones as requiring some input.
Only with no summons or counterspell.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
after much trying i managed to free prisoners without any blame on me.

1. throw/push orbs to their deaths. One on top of the tower ive killed, then went down quickly whily warden went to investigate. All seemed good
2. bard starts performing by the paladin guard, thus grabbing attention of 2 patrolling npcs
3. grab a tea, gnomes will need a while
4. one of the characters talks to the boat crew(went there by jumping)
5. profit

btw speech checks are bugged on top of the warden tower, you will always get kicked out

I managed to free them without much hassle

At first I freed the boat before doing anything. Then weakened the walls and blasted both at the same time. All the prisoners left really easly and I managed to get out sneaking because all of the patrols came from the same side to investigate. But I think I could sail with prisoners too.

But I reloaded and killed the warden and his goons. That cave is a nice tight spot for AoE ing them all together.
There is no crime if nobody left alive to report.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron

I got suprised by a certain murderer and in first round WiYY died to once crit (102 damage...) while paralysed, the enemy threw Karabasan's gift before. Sheart also got paralysed after casting Command Drop Weapon on main guy and from there I completed the combat easly with only my fighter and ranger/thief, without using even potions.
Late game seriously need a balance patch, either with more enemies with more toys or just plain good'ol +%100 hp and shit.

BTW after disarming that certain murderer, you can loot his daggers and next time you see him, he'll still be unarmed and tries to slap you :D Loving this kind of shit. Disarm OP (like the rest of our repertoire...)

Barbarian

Arcane
"Magic Initiate: Cleric" feat with Bane spell not sounding like such a bad idea. For a pure class rogue durge, but I want opinions.

I know most people barely use Bane because Bless is just a superior use of concentration. But if you already have a cleric casting it(in this case shadowcute), wouldn't it be quite useful and even op to have another character using it?

Rogues usually really have one prime useful action per round(sneak attack). After drinking that speed potion and alpha striking some dude it seems to me like debuffing 3 enemies for 1d4 penalties on saves and attack rolls would be more useful than using the extra action for a meagre attack.

Would pick Thaumathurgy and Blade Ward as cantrips(the first one pretty useful in dialogues, the second situationally good). The feat thematically makes sense for a former cult leader with divine heritage.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
"Magic Initiate: Cleric" feat with Bane spell not sounding like such a bad idea. For a pure class rogue durge, but I want opinions.

I know most people barely use Bane because Bless is just a superior use of concentration. But if you already have a cleric casting it(in this case shadowcute), wouldn't it be quite useful and even op to have another character using it?

Rogues usually really have one prime useful action per round(sneak attack). After drinking that speed potion and alpha striking some dude it seems to me like debuffing 3 enemies for 1d4 penalties on saves and attack rolls would be more useful than using the extra action for a meagre attack.

Would pick Thaumathurgy and Blade Ward as cantrips(the first one pretty useful in dialogues, the second situationally good). The feat thematically makes sense for a former cult leader with divine heritage.
You get plenty of concentration options from items. Moderately Armored for Shield equip (and +1 DEX) isn't bad if you're mostly attacking from range. Can use Ensnare shield in melee even. Need to beat saves to make Bane decent and a lot of ways to lose Concentration in any event even without getting hit. Bane is pretty good with Pal/Cleric or if you're getting Bless from heal ring I think.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
High level walkthrough of Gob temple:

(1) Follow Sazza to Minthara and tell her to invade Gob camp because narrator suggests it's good place for ambush. Only belatedly discover this locks in the attack at next rest and you're only mid-lvl 4.

(2) Blow three hours sending Astarion through various Crevices and Burrow Holes to explore who knows where to little noticable effect.

(3) Invest 800 gold in Zhent merchant attitude, then randomly aggro whole area after releasing spiders, making Zhent merchant disappear.

(4) Release Halsin, but discover that Druids have locked themselves in Grove and you don't have key because of no pickpocketing friendlies on good playthrough rule.

(5) Try to cheese Minthara fight by pre-positioning most of party on hill where she spawns, only to discover that this makes her spawn back with reserve forces and fight takes place out of range of fort, Tieflings, traps, and Astarion who blew horn.

(6) Get Gale Held before he can act because he had Rain Staff equipped instead of saves Staff.

(7) Summon Ogres to even the odds, but after hour-long fight last Ogre wanders near fort turning Tieflings red against team.

Whoever was spamming retard on my posts had no idea just how right he was.

volklore

Arcane
There's a room with a broken mirror of loss in the temple of shar in act2 that you can by jumping down from the area with demons. Anybody found what to do in there ?
There's a mural that says '' in darkness truth is reveals or some shit'' but I tried turning off all lights and even cast darkness and nothing happened.

Barbarian

Arcane
Is "Alert" actually worthwhile for high dex characters? Do you actually face a significant amount enemies with dex above 20 or some initiative raising effects? Also I only remember getting "surprised" effect a handful of times - so that second benefit is very situational. Wouldn't a 20 dex rogue win most initiative rolls without the feat anyway?

For Assassin/GS multi certainly it is not worthwhile(you already get a +3 initiative bonus from GS level 3)

You get plenty of concentration options from items. Moderately Armored for Shield equip (and +1 DEX) isn't bad if you're mostly attacking from range. Can use Ensnare shield in melee even. Need to beat saves to make Bane decent and a lot of ways to lose Concentration in any event even without getting hit. Bane is pretty good with Pal/Cleric or if you're getting Bless from heal ring I think.

Bane is a charisma save - many enemies weak on charisma(specially first chapter).

I imagine a 16 wis character will reliably debuff 3 goons in larger battles, potentially bosses and powerful enemies if they have low charisma(i.e: monsters, monstrous humanoids, beasts, etc). Even more reliably if Gale is around casting bless with that Mystra staff which increases spell rolls.

That is my idea anyway. I have a feeling it is such an unused spell that nobody really knows how good or bad it is.

Yosharian

Arcane
Is "Alert" actually worthwhile for high dex characters? Do you actually face a significant amount enemies with dex above 20 or some initiative raising effects? Also I only remember getting "surprised" effect a handful of times - so that second benefit is very situational. Wouldn't a 20 dex rogue win most initiative rolls without the feat anyway?

For Assassin/GS multi certainly it is not worthwhile(you already get a +3 initiative bonus from GS level 3)

Bane is a charisma save - many enemies weak on charisma(specially first chapter).

I imagine a 16 wis character will reliably debuff 3 goons in larger battles, potentially bosses and powerful enemies if they have low charisma(i.e: monsters, monstrous humanoids, beasts, etc). Even more reliably if Gale is around casting bless with that Mystra staff which increases spell rolls.

That is my idea anyway. I have a feeling it is such an unused spell that nobody really knows how good or bad it is.
I'm seeing evidence that having an Initiative bonus greater than +4/+5 is a waste of time

Also, and it's getting tiresome pointing this out (not your fault tho), I wish Larian would fix their fucking item descriptions, but the Mystra staff doesn't make Bless any better.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I feel like Alert is just a "I can't be assed" choice. Then again there aren't many good feats anyway.

Barbarian

Arcane

Alternatively MI Warlock for Hex - but Bane seems more powerful if you can get it past most enemies saves.

1d4 debuff on saves and attack rolls for up to 3 targets - versus 1d6 extra damage against single target and disavantage to one ability.

But thinking about it, synergy between having one party member casting Bless and other casting Bane sounds like it could be immensely powerful. 1d4 bonus to your attacks with the enemy having a 1d4 penalty to his attacks. It is looking like a very overlooked spell to me.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This improved AI mod looks like it might potentially be interesting. I haven't tried Tactician Plus because at a casual glance it just seems to make enemies HP sponges, but more tricksy AI could be more fun (well, up to a point). Could just be a "shove you off cliffs"-fest though, unless you use any of the mods that make shove a full action.

The extent of "better AI" on Tactician out of the box just seems to be "go for Gale" lol (those Gloves of Missile Snaring are great for him, for that reason).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom