Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
3c5ec4891d8734a001843a37b3b684a79faff8ac.png

What a dysgenic crowd.
This is the audience Larian and Infiniheeb want.

Kiste

Augur
Yeah, a regular person doesn't look like an idealized Übermensch or Novy Sovetsky Celovek from propaganda posters. Big shocker. :roll:

I wonder what kind of horrors we would be looking at on a Codex group photo.

Barbarian

Arcane
What is the consensus on "honor mode"? Worth it? Sounds like a lot of fun but I would be very butthurt if say a game breaking bug or surprise party wipe would make you start over midway through to the game.

Barbarian

Arcane
I mean, this game heavily motivates you to save scum in a way that basically removes all challenge. You can save scum during combat and even during conversation, and that is despite the generous rerolls you get with inspiration points and such.

Honor mode seems to remove that and likely provides a much closer experience to tabletop, nevermind actually providing challenge. But since you only have one save the game needs to be absolutely stable.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I mean, this game heavily motivates you to save scum in a way that basically removes all challenge. You can save scum during combat and even during conversation, and that is despite the generous rerolls you get with inspiration points and such.

Honor mode seems to remove that and likely provides a much closer experience to tabletop, nevermind actually providing challenge. But since you only have one save the game needs to be absolutely stable.
Wait a few weeks for patch 7

Old Hans

Arcane
What is the consensus on "honor mode"? Worth it? Sounds like a lot of fun but I would be very butthurt if say a game breaking bug or surprise party wipe would make you start over midway through to the game.
when I play honor run, I'll save the game before a big event, and if something doesnt go my way, my xbox always mysteriously shuts down

Barbarian

Arcane

Why? Doesn't seem to add anything worthwhile.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

More evil endings and a lot of bug fixes.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Yes. Perhaps I finish BG3 this time.

Barbarian

Arcane

Not interested in evil endings and won't delay the playthrough for minor bugfixes.

Unless the game still has gamebreaking bugs after all this time off course, that is why I asked. Larian is not Owlcat though.

Rhobar121

Scholar

Not interested in evil endings and won't delay the playthrough for minor bugfixes.

Unless the game still has gamebreaking bugs after all this time off course, that is why I asked. Larian is not Owlcat though.
Apart from a few broken quests, it was possible to finish the game during its premiere, which is hard to say about Owlcat's games.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Very much worth it IMO. Includes many balance changes that should have been implemented in all game modes IMO.
Bosses get new abilities.
A vast improvement over Tactician.

And if you slip... its not a huge deal, really. You can continue playing with Honor ruleset and better bosses, you simply won't get the achievment.

jf8350143

Liturgist

Wait until they stop updating the game. Everytime they push a new patch it comes with new bugs, and it could be some major game breaking bug because it happened before.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I highly doubt they will make a better "evil playthrough", a more extensive evil "ending" is pretty useless when the whole way to get there is god awful.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Fedora Master

https://techieduniya.com/baldurs-ga...ent-wants-similar-games-developed-in-germany/

Baldur’s Gate 3: The German government wants similar games developed in Germany​

The German government would love to one day see a work of the quality of Baldur’s Gate 3 come out from a local studio. It wasn’t just any official who said this, but Michael Kellner, Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Economy and Climate Action of Germany, on the occasion of the presentation of the award for best international game given by the nation at Baldur’s Gate 3.

Last edited:

Kiste

Augur
Fedora Master

https://techieduniya.com/baldurs-ga...ent-wants-similar-games-developed-in-germany/

Baldur’s Gate 3: The German government wants similar games developed in Germany​

The German government would love to one day see a work of the quality of Baldur’s Gate 3 come out from a local studio. It wasn’t just any official who said this, but Michael Kellner, Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Economy and Climate Action of Germany, on the occasion of the presentation of the award for best international game given by the nation at Baldur’s Gate 3.

Even high-ranking public officials in Germany cannot resist Teh Mighty Bear Cawk.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Fedora Master

Even high-ranking public officials in Germany cannot resist Teh Mighty Bear Cawk.
I think when the ministry of economy says "similar games", they mean the profits, not the sex scenes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom