Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I liked all acts.
Though Act 3 is freaking huge and difficult to take at once. Plus fatigue kicks in.

Moink

Cipher
Act 2 is very rough if you decided to do the chaotic retard path of killing the grove, you lose access to multiple merchants, quests, no fairy, harder boss fights etc. You could say it's "C&C" but like with killing the nightsong it's basically the writers punishing you for doing things against their intended narrative/story.

Old Hans

Arcane
Act 2 is very rough if you decided to do the chaotic retard path of killing the grove, you lose access to multiple merchants, quests, no fairy, harder boss fights etc. You could say it's "C&C" but like with killing the nightsong it's basically the writers punishing you for doing things against their intended narrative/story.
I usually tend to kill the grove because I cant stand Zevlor. He wastes no time trying to manipulate you into murdering Kaga and killing goblin leaders located inside a heavily defended compound.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
afbeelding.png

Look at this you bigots, BG3 makes people happy.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Man, I should probably get back to this. Stopped in act 2, and I don't remember much. I have a faint idea of what I was doing.

I stopped playing after the second act too. This whole area around Kethric looks like a big sketch. Very cool, but it's just a sketch. What good are these cool scenes with the living dead if they lead nowhere? Why do I need such a huge area if there are almost no quests there? What is the purpose of this large, largely empty tower? Why does Nighsong appear as a convenient coincidence while accidentally exploring a cave?

It turned out to be true again that in Larian's work the first act is the best.

It gets much, *much* better in act 3. Act 2 is the weakest imo.

I hope. I'm in the second act again like Durge and I'm bored.

Icewind Dale confirmed

I think Neverwinter is a better fit for Larian. Neverwinter...or Waterdeep. With all this LGBT.

raeven

Educated
I hope. I'm in the second act again like Durge and I'm bored.

Don't listen to all these morons.

I'm guessing most of the hate around act 3 was before a lot of the major patches. I played it on patch 5 and it was so much better than the rest of the game up to that point. Which is good because according to my playtimes, it's just shy of the length of acts 1 and 2 combined.

In my second playthrough (as dark urge) where I knew what I was doing and played much faster, act 3 took me 100 hours to complete, whereas 1 and 2 took me 65 and 40 hours, respectively. If it had been a downgrade from what came before I would have burnt out, but fortunately all of the best parts of the game are crammed in there. Yes there are some areas where things fall apart a bit, but that's also because act 3 is far more ambitious in scope than what comes before.

If you enjoy dense urban areas in RPGs, you'll have a blast.

vota DC

Augur
That's weird I thought Act 2 was pretty neat and Act 3 was a noticeable drop in quality
Act 2 Is the poorest but It Is completed. A lot of things are missed in act 3. They didn't even put a general for the Absolute army. Also if you are the chosen of Bhaal the dumb bhaalites won't join you in the final battle. They should have done like new Vegas in the final battle but they chosen some summonable allies that are good but also a fixed enemy army that doesn't follow your choices.
Act 2 Is already where the decline starts: you find tons of refugees from act 1 in a tiny tavern but just three npc of the goblin side in a huge castle.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The absolute army feels like another cut content to me.

They make a big deal for it at the end of act 2 and then it just disappears off screen. No one even talks about it in act 3. Everyone is supposedly shitting their pants and make Gortash the leader, but none of the npc in the game says anything about it, they care for some random murder more than a whole army coming to the city.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

They make a big deal for it at the end of act 2 and then it just disappears off screen. No one even talks about it in act 3. Everyone is supposedly shitting their pants and make Gortash the leader, but none of the npc in the game says anything about it, they care for some random murder more than a whole army coming to the city.
Actually, you can see what happened to the army. It doesn't make it better though. At one gate you can look outside, and there you can see that the absolute army got shattered when attacking the walls.

Rhobar121

Scholar

Actually, you can see what happened to the army. It doesn't make it better though. At one gate you can look outside, and there you can see that the absolute army got shattered when attacking the walls.
Actually, the army was not destroyed, but rather it was an vanguard sent so that Gortash could emerge as a hero.
If the entire army were destroyed, the people at Rivington wouldn't care about the absolute, and the whole coronation thing wouldn't matter either.
According to the plan, this entire army would never attack the city with full force anyway (after all, they were supposed to take it over, not destroy it).
If the plan worked, they would take over the entire city without any problems and thus be able to gather a large army.
The plan, of course, failed because, according to the greatest cliché possible, they decided to betray each other before they won.

vota DC

Augur
They didn't even put a general for the Absolute army.
That's because you kill the general in act 2...
In most runs yes. If you give Nightsong to Balthazar you don't kill Z'rell. And It Is an official choice without any exploit. They put stunned Minthara in act 2 that was just a bug in previous versions but they forgot that Z'rell can be still alive.

jf8350143

Liturgist

It's just the vanguard which was defeated by the city's army. It was mentioned by some flaming fists but that's it.

The army was still out there but they never do anything and the people in the city never seem to care about it, despite it was suppose to be the reason why they choose gortash to be the grand duke.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Must have missed that. Really lame in that case. The army does nothing... it's not even mentioned after the big bad boss. Did they all just walk home, are those thousands of men free from their mind-control?

Rhobar121

Scholar
Must have missed that. Really lame in that case. The army does nothing... it's not even mentioned after the big bad boss. Did they all just walk home, are those thousands of men free from their mind-control?
Considering what this army consisted of, they would most likely kill each other.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom