Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Rhobar121

Scholar
I didn't realize people on this site were still playing this game and making shitty videos about it. I guess we have another surefire way to identify redditers and other assortments of normalfags.
Well, they're still better than the shitty roleplayers on the forums.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
so whens the definitive ultra directors cut edition coming out? because it is right?

Fixing up Act 3 proper, and adding act 4.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
^

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=930410#Post930410

This reads like a sound analysis. But I fear 'fixing the plot' is out of the question at this point. What should be possible is for Larian to learn from their mistakes, for their next games. They should make damn sure that they have a good backbone for the story in place, next time. It should be good enough to withstand and enable all story branches that are added, changed and removed later on.
Nothing will change in their next game with all the simps praising BG3. What BG3 has shown is that you do not need a good story for RPGs. Just pack waifus and genital customizations in and you are done.

Don't forget bestiality. What a world we live in today!

codex is spreading :5/5:
Wow...they're even harder on the game than here...Weird.
There's a huge misconception that the place is critical to RPGs and unfriendly to games and their devs. This is wrong; the place is extremely forgiving to everything, strictly hating on Larian. If you are an indie dev and need a shoulder to cry on for your(justified) poor sales, the Codex is always here to help. A simple example: here's how a low-level quest is designed in BG3 - a beautiful scenery with cliffs and waves, you need to rescue some kid from harpies. They use all the abilities from the book: charm, skirmish, dragging you to the sea with a perfect use of the Z-axis during combat, while you hear a superb audio environment with real sung voices from professionals. In other RPGs, we are still at the "collect 10 rats' tails for the innkeeper in its basement" stage, and I am not exaggerating. There's plenty of horrible fucking retro-pixelated shit with a fake 8-bit style and dated design, but they will get a free pass, and no one will spam rate anyone posting in those threads. Only Larian games get that amount of criticism, probably because they are too progressive and too successful.
And Wyll gets an Inspiration from it while having the perfect ability to own the fight (Armor of Agathis) which makes the (Wet) Harpies suicide themselves on him (if he fails the save and gets enthralled it turns on the multiattax that kill them).

Good marriage of cash and talent. Progressive lol. Decadence isn’t progress. Decadent ages do produce good art as people imagine the next (better) one.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Why are trannies culturally appropriating my game bros?

afbeelding.png

Reyvik

Novice

afbeelding.png
I mean it is fine if it was a good deity cloister but when taking into account the fact that they worship Shar, which is probably the most nihilistic goddess of FR, any act of misgendering and being just unkind should be considered in tune with what she represents. It is silly that all these evil cults that kill and maim people on a daily basis frown upon modern issues like misgendering or being homophobic. What kind of fucked up morality is that

Desiderius

Patron

afbeelding.png

Your game is helping millions come to terms with the (pretty awful) reality of grooming and exploitation going on in front of their faces.

It's a public service really.

frown upon

Those "frowns" serve as the means to kill and maim entire civilizations, nations, and cultures. It's what the Q in BLTQ+ stands for.

Shaki

Arbiter

afbeelding.png
I mean it is fine if it was a good deity cloister but when taking into account the fact that they worship Shar, which is probably the most nihilistic goddess of FR, any act of misgendering and being just unkind should be considered in tune with what she represents. It is silly that all these evil cults that kill and maim people on a daily basis frown upon modern issues like misgendering or being homophobic. What kind of fucked up morality is that
Evil brainwashing cult turning people into trannies and promoting faggotry, hmmm, for sure that sounds really weird and not related to the modern world at all.

Desiderius

Patron
Educated indeed.

Takes a lot to remove one from every last one of one's senses.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Like I said before, in these games you cannot have a single faction that is opposed to faggotry, transgenderism, ect... Opposition to that cannot exist in any form. BG3 is probably the most liberal mainstream game of all time. Picking your genitals at the beginning kind of gave that away

Desiderius

Patron
Those things are degenerate and characteristic of illiberal ages like this one. Liberalism is every man a king in his castle (distributed power). Degeneracy is what people turn to when that power is too concentrated. Especially the powerful themselves (heavy lies the head…).

Eventually that power destroys itself from within, which is what the Cult of Shar depicts.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3975056106332669474
Hotfix #17 Now Live!
Version Number: 4.1.1.4494476

Hello everyone,

We’ve got another hotfix for you today, fixing a few bugs, blockers, and issues. Poor Gale - we know your pain, sometimes it’s easy to read something into a situation that wasn’t there. We’ve sat him down and explained that if someone doesn’t offer him a shoe to eat every time, that doesn’t mean they never will. You’ll find him more likely to stick around now.

Please note that with new patches and hotfixes, some installed mods may become temporarily incompatible. If you experience any issues after installing the latest update, please check if the issue persists with all mods uninstalled. If it persists, please reach out to our support team with your report.

Thank you for taking the time to submit these issues to us. If you have any bugs to report, please reach out to our support team. Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

PERFORMANCE AND CODE
  • Fixed black and colourful visual artefacts sometimes appearing for 1 frame on PS5 when switching scenes or opening and closing UI windows.
  • Increased the compression of savegames, which should fix several issues caused by large savegame files.
  • Reduced the size of save files by removing summons that don't exist in the game anymore.
  • Guarded against crashes caused when certain character resources (Actions, Bonus Actions, Superiority Dice, etc.) were added and later removed by a mod or cheat engine.

GAMEPLAY AND COMBAT
  • In Honour Mode, the aura of Cazador's

now properly dissipates after he's

. Sorry!
  • Fixed the camera sometimes zooming in while jumping or casting projectile spells.
  • Fixed the ability to walk through open doors when you click beyond them from far away.
  • Fixed Thieves' Tools in the camp chest or inventory of a companion who is waiting at camp not being accessible when lockpicking.

UI
  • Safeguard Shield's Saving Throw modifier is now correctly reflected on the Character Sheet.

FLOW AND SCRIPTING
  • Gale will no longer permanently leave the party if you don't offer him any magic items while talking to him – unless you're abundantly clear that you don't plan on ever doing so.
  • Fixed characters getting stuck 'in a story event', preventing you from controlling them, after getting killed in the fight with Grym.

Hagashager

Educated
Shadowheart is not Trans, she has a Trans friend.

Worth noting that while the Trans friend is a Sharess (initially) she never betrays Shadowheart.

I'm seeing a lot of, "The Trans characters are all weird sorcerers, necromancers and obviously fringe-of-society weirdos! What's Larian trying to say here????"

Nothing, is the answer. The vast majority of influential Trans icons are horror fans, wikkans, counter-culture witches and other non-conformist people. Larian's not making a statement here, they're reflecting what is actually popular in Trans communities currently.

Last edited:

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

Worth noting that while the Trans friend is a Sharess (initially) she never betrays Shadowheart.

I'm seeing a lot of, "The Trans characters are all weird sorcerers, necromancers and obviously fringe-of-society weirdos! What's Larian trying to say here????"

Nothing, is the answer. The vast majority of influential Trans icons are horror fans, wickens, counter-culture witches and other non-conformist people. Larian's not making a statement here, they're reflecting what is actually popular in Trans communities currently.
Why are you capitalizing trans?

Desiderius

Patron

Nothing, is the answer. The vast majority of influential Trans icons are horror fans, wickens, counter-culture witches and other non-conformist people. Larian's not making a statement here, they're reflecting what is actually popular in Trans communities currently.
Nonconformist my ass

Just because licking that jackboot is your kink doesn’t make you a nonconformist. *Non*-conformists don’t get to police speech and thought or want to.

Hagashager

Educated

Nonconformist my ass

Just because licking that jackboot is your kink doesn’t make you a nonconformist. *Non*-conformists don’t get to police speech and thought or want to.
I agree with you. That's not how they see it.

To me, personally, "Non-Conformist" is a buzzword like "Counter-Culture". It's functionally meaningless.

Ironically, most of the LGBTQ+ group is extremely, uncompromisingly conformist. If only they knew how close to McCarthy they really were.

Elttharion

Learned

If they wanted to portray what is popular among trannies every trans character would have a few meters of rope in their inventory.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom