Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
^

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=930410#Post930410

This reads like a sound analysis. But I fear 'fixing the plot' is out of the question at this point. What should be possible is for Larian to learn from their mistakes, for their next games. They should make damn sure that they have a good backbone for the story in place, next time. It should be good enough to withstand and enable all story branches that are added, changed and removed later on.
Nothing will change in their next game with all the simps praising BG3. What BG3 has shown is that you do not need a good story for RPGs. Just pack waifus and genital customizations in and you are done.

Don't forget bestiality. What a world we live in today!

codex is spreading :5/5:
“waifus”

Childbearing hips driving them insane.

Self-Ejected

kalash19

Novice
Smite spam seems to be much better than Eldritch Blast spam, so i switched from "10 sorc / 2 lock" ------> "6 bard/ 2 pal/ 3 sorc/ 1 wiz" to make a jack of all trades build.

6 sword bard: get extra attack and some buff spells
2 pal : to get smite
3 sorc: get 3 metamagic and some buff spells
1 wiz : 18 int (hag bonus) to learn and equip 5 most important spells like Haste and Artistry of War, etc.....

Only 1 feat for Alert but with gears,i guess it will be fine.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Larian instead made it just give you + action that you can use on anything, including casting two fucking spells in a turn and doubling all the fucking attacks you can do instead of letting you do just one more.
Sounds more like they applied Haste as is on their already altered action system, because this effectively sounds same as Solasta which didn't alter the rules too much l.

Yosharian

Arcane

kalash19

Novice

Yosharian

Arcane
You don't need any of that, you're a Smite Bard...

And you DO need Counterspell if you're running any serious kind of difficulty mode

kalash19

Novice
You don't need any of that, you're a Smite Bard...

And you DO need Counterspell if you're running any serious kind of difficulty mode
I personally think Stacking saving throws and high defence gears is better than relying on counterspell, I probably will just begin as a pure pal early game til lvl 6 then add 1 wiz with the crown of orge dude and switch to this build when i already have top powerful gears.

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
Well well well, seems our jap friends also love my game.

BG3 is the top download of december in Japan for PS5

https://blog.ja.playstation.com/2024/01/12/20240112-downloadranking/

And after 5+ months BG3 is STILL the best selling game on Steam.

The game will EASILY hit 20+ million units sold, probably 30+ million over a couple of years.
You or [COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8)]Non-Edgy Gamer[/COLOR] worked on this thing, right? If thats the case, and I will reiterate, the game drops off after Act 3, neither of you tards actually answered the question - what was the completion rate for the game?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well well well, seems our jap friends also love my game.

BG3 is the top download of december in Japan for PS5

https://blog.ja.playstation.com/2024/01/12/20240112-downloadranking/

And after 5+ months BG3 is STILL the best selling game on Steam.

The game will EASILY hit 20+ million units sold, probably 30+ million over a couple of years.
You or [COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8)]Non-Edgy Gamer[/COLOR] worked on this thing, right? If thats the case, and I will reiterate, the game drops off after Act 3, neither of you tards actually answered the question - what was the completion rate for the game?
Neither of them worked on this, especially not Swen

I'm near to finishing act 1, finally. I'm enjoying the game a lot but I think I'm encountering a lot bugged/glitched stuff:

- In the quest of saving Maryna from the hag, I couldn't give her the magic wand. I had to go into stealth mode, open the coffin and resurrect his husband to finish the quest. Apparently the dialog of giving her the wand only pops up the first time you talk to her, I didn't have it at the time so I couldn't do anything. Is really weird considering the dialog she has while mourning her husband is always the same.
- On the Grove, I can't give to the tiefling blacksmith the piece of iron to deal with Karlach's core. I tried to give it to Karlach, donate him the piece, and to sell it to himtoo. But the dialog is like I didn't have it in my inventory. Apparently you find this guy later in the game, so maybe I'll manage to do it.
- I can't give magic items to Gale, so I can cure the effects of his "hunger". Also, it seems like his dialogs and events related to this are not going forward, but that may be my impression.
Larian was worried that some players might be having a bad time - specifically, those players who are too stupid to bring quest items with them during the associated quests.

Thus the latest hotfix introduced a system that allows players to use quest items which are stored at camp.

And in a hilarious/pathetic (both?) turn of events, Larian seems to have broken the ability to use quest items entirely for a vast number of players.

Some are saying that removing or updating mods fixed the issue. Others claim to be experiencing the problem on unmodded games. Personally, I wonder if the mod removal process might be "kicking" part of the installation, resetting something or forcing a restart of some game process - and incidentally allowing the hotfix to work as intended. But who knows what's actually happening.

Regardless, it sounds like your game is affected, so:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat..._trend_game_cant_tell_that_you_have/?sort=new

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
^

This reads like a sound analysis. But I fear 'fixing the plot' is out of the question at this point. What should be possible is for Larian to learn from their mistakes, for their next games. They should make damn sure that they have a good backbone for the story in place, next time. It should be good enough to withstand and enable all story branches that are added, changed and removed later on.
Nothing will change in their next game with all the simps praising BG3. What BG3 has shown is that you do not need a good story for RPGs. Just pack waifus and genital customizations in and you are done.

Wow...they're even harder on the game than here...Weird.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I will say one thing in defense of bg3 and that its combat is at least 50 million times better than DOS 1/2.

The best thing is that it allows you to use the strongest weapon that ever existed: Gravity. I'm literally killing every single major enemy by pushing them off cliffs. I've also killed the giant spider below the village's well by shooting her webs and making her fall into the ground.

Orutrus

Literate
There are funny bugs.

After releasing Nere from the collapsed section of the tunnel near the Underdark forge I started a big fight and summoned the ogres from the ruined village. This made all the factions go crazy and its basically a free for all where everyone tries to kill everyone. Gnomes go hostile to me, duergar keep attacking and dominating each other and the ogres get stuck doing random shit.

Mortmal

Arcane
^

There's a huge misconception that the place is critical to RPGs and unfriendly to games and their devs. This is wrong; the place is extremely forgiving to everything, strictly hating on Larian. If you are an indie dev and need a shoulder to cry on for your(justified) poor sales, the Codex is always here to help. A simple example: here's how a low-level quest is designed in BG3 - a beautiful scenery with cliffs and waves, you need to rescue some kid from harpies. They use all the abilities from the book: charm, skirmish, dragging you to the sea with a perfect use of the Z-axis during combat, while you hear a superb audio environment with real sung voices from professionals. In other RPGs, we are still at the "collect 10 rats' tails for the innkeeper in its basement" stage, and I am not exaggerating. There's plenty of horrible fucking retro-pixelated shit with a fake 8-bit style and dated design, but they will get a free pass, and no one will spam rate anyone posting in those threads. Only Larian games get that amount of criticism, probably because they are too progressive and too successful.

Shaki

Arbiter
^

There's a huge misconception that the place is critical to RPGs and unfriendly to games and their devs. This is wrong; the place is extremely forgiving to everything, strictly hating on Larian.
It's literally the opposite you halfwit, do Larianfags have even a shred of self awareness?

The only site with more BG3 defenders than Codex, was Reddit, and it will 100% win Codex GOTY, so stop acting like a victim bullied by mean Codexers, because like 5 people here disagreed about 100 hours of zoophilia and gay sex being a pinnacle of RPG gaming.

The whole BG3 discussion on Codex is just an army of Swen's fanboys guzzling his cum, with any critique being instantly spammed with retarded ratings, and it was consistently like that since Early Access started.

Rhobar121

Scholar
^

There's a huge misconception that the place is critical to RPGs and unfriendly to games and their devs. This is wrong; the place is extremely forgiving to everything, strictly hating on Larian.
It's literally the opposite you halfwit, do Larianfags have even a shred of self awareness?

The only site with more BG3 defenders than Codex, was Reddit, and it will 100% win Codex GOTY, so stop acting like a victim bullied by mean Codexers, because like 5 people here disagreed about 100 hours of zoophilia and gay sex being a pinnacle of RPG gaming.

The whole BG3 discussion on Codex is just an army of Swen's fanboys guzzling his cum, with any critique being instantly spammed with retarded ratings, and it was consistently like that since Early Access started.
Isn't this what every topic on Codex looks like?

Shaki

Arbiter
Isn't this what every topic on Codex looks like?
Nah, 99% of Codex is still hating on games. The only threads that are completely overrun by the cum guzzlers, are either extremely niche games that simply no one but enjoyers really played or cares about, and big reddit hits like BG3, Elden Shit or Disco.

MerchantKing

Learned
I didn't realize people on this site were still playing this game and making shitty videos about it. I guess we have another surefire way to identify redditers and other assortments of normalfags.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom