Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Gay shit and all, it's less insulting of an RPG than whatever Bioware did with their games after D&D, along with many other developers. It has actual RPG mechanics and doesn't betray these principles in the hope of luring another CoD brainlet.
Well D:OS 1 and 2 had actual RPG mechanics and TB combat too but they didn't sell 10 million in the first month.

The only reason BG3 got so ultra-hyped is because Swen added tryple-A production and truckloads of gayness to pander to graphicx brainlets and the journo class.

Ryzer

Arcane
BG3 is a great game, but I wouldn't put it with the classics myself. I've only played it once from start to end (and several co-op sessions that got near the end of chapter 1), so maybe my feelings will change after a replay or two (eventually).

Gay shit and all, it's less insulting of an RPG than whatever Bioware did with their games after D&D, along with many other developers. It has actual RPG mechanics and doesn't betray these principles in the hope of luring another CoD brainlet. It's a big fuck you to a decade+ of 'RPG' developers telling people like those found here on codex that "they're wrong and button=awesome is the real shit" and I'll absolutely celebrate it for that alone.
Dragon Age Origins offers more C&C than this game and more coherent writing as a whole.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Instead of focusing on bear sex and mocapped gnomes, maybe they should have worked on a distinct evil path instead.

In fact, you could remove gnomes/halflings/dragonborn entirely from the game and not miss them, except of course for the gay representation. Ceremorphosis doesn't fucking work on small races to begin with but of course Larian doesn't give a shit

Rhobar121

Scholar
Instead of focusing on bear sex and mocapped gnomes, maybe they should have worked on a distinct evil path instead.

In fact, you could remove gnomes/halflings/dragonborn entirely from the game and not miss them, except of course for the gay representation. Ceremorphosis doesn't fucking work on small races to begin with but of course Larian doesn't give a shit
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Gnome_ceremorph
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Gnome_squidling

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Gnome_ceremorph
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Gnome_squidling
Yea, and? Not proper Mindflayers.

Padzi

Arbiter
Karlach (the roided up reddit tranny)
Karlach is not half bad, compared to for exaple Cassandra from DAI or all females from ME: Andromeda.
Never bothered with DAI.
But as a fan of germanic female manjaw, I have to ask: what makes Cassandra bad?
I prefere when women looking like women.
(Cassandra looked the best in DA2)
I mean...
Oh, I thought you meant something about writing.
And you just kinkshame me instead.
Don't worry.
I respect your love for man-jawed women :lol:

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

What would be the point of that? Baldur's Gate doesn't suffer from lack of content. It suffers from subpar writing across the board. Cutting out shitty sex scenes to make more robust shitty evil route would make no difference. What the game needs is 1-2 decent companions who don't act like fucking retards.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

What would be the point of that? Baldur's Gate doesn't suffer from lack of content. It suffers from subpar writing across the board. Cutting out shitty sex scenes to make more robust shitty evil route would make no difference. What the game needs is 1-2 decent companions who don't act like fucking retards.
I would argue that most of the companions are decent. Not worse than the B- and C-Tier guys in the BG series. Having fewer races means more time spent on fleshing out the reactivity for those that remain. All I ever learned from my Dragonborn playthrough was that apparently they "don't poop". And as I said way earlier, reactivity doesn't mean "You get one additional dialogue option that leads nowhere", it means opening up new options and solutions to situations that wouldn't be possible with another race/class.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
You continue to be ashamed of sincerely liking something, and insist on hiding your enjoyment behind "C-tier" or "compared to other garbage" or "mediocre" and so on. Ironic detachment is not sexy, btw. I wouldn't fuck you.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

I would argue that most of the companions are decent. Not worse than the B- and C-Tier guys in the BG series. Having fewer races means more time spent on fleshing out the reactivity for those that remain. All I ever learned from my Dragonborn playthrough was that apparently they "don't poop". And as I said way earlier, reactivity doesn't mean "You get one additional dialogue option that leads nowhere", it means opening up new options and solutions to situations that wouldn't be possible with another race/class.

Focusing on reactivity is pretty pointless if there's no reason to finish the game more than once in the first place. What would "more reactivity" even mean with the current writing team? Astarion would giggle like a little girl and tell you that he can't wait for your barbed dragon cock to annihilate his anus?

Chimera

Augur
Im genuinely surprised when someone says "I have never met a gay person before " in 2023
But well done for this insight and revelation. Its good to understand when something is not the big deal some people make it out to be
You do understand that homosexuals represent, at best, a mere 2% of the United State's population and that number is relatively consistent across most developed nations?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/332522/percentage-americans-lgbt.aspx
"7.2% of the U.S. adult population is lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or something other than heterosexual."

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/06/23/5-key-findings-about-lgbtq-americans/
"62% identify as bisexual, while 38% are gay or lesbian..."

https://nypost.com/2023/04/18/gen-z-women-identify-as-bisexual-in-unprecedented-numbers/
"A new analysis of Census Bureau data reveals that between 19% and 22% of women aged 18 to 25 identify as bi..."

Young, college-aged women are staggeringly over-represented among those who identify as LGBTQ, for various reasons, heavily skewing the numbers among Americans. As you can see for yourself, the amount of legitimate homosexuals (lesbian or gay) is only 38% of the 7.2% of all Americans; mathematically, that would be 2.69% of Americans or 9,145,907 of the 339,996,563 recorded in the 2023 census.

9.1 million is just scarcely more than the estimated population of New York City and scarcely enough to merit every American having "met a gay person before" in 2023 or otherwise. By compare...

6.3% of Americans are of purely Asian heritage.
I do not work with a single person of even partial Asian heritage nor are there any Asian families in my hometown.​

11.5% of Americans smoke cigarettes.
Not a single person in my family smokes, nor anyone with whom I work, nor have I so much as seen anyone smoking in the past year.​

2.4% of Americans are blind.
I have never met a blind person and only seen them portrayed in media.​

2.5% of Americans are Jewish.
I do not know anyone who is Jewish, nor have I ever seen a synagogue erected in any city in which I've resided.​

5% of Americans have truly amber-hued eyes.
To the best of my knowledge, I have never met someone with amber eyes.​

Statistically, the sheer glut of homosexual representation is absurd and thus encountering someone who has never met one isn't the exception, it's the rule. Most people are not homosexual. The overwhelming majority of men, in particular, find homosexuality disgusting and exhibit the same response when shown two men kissing as when presented with rotting flesh, maggots and spoiled food. If people are making a "big deal" out of it, that's because the degenerate practice is abhorrent to them on a visceral level and no amount of indoctrination or propaganda can overwhelm that fundamental principle.

Self-Ejected
Im genuinely surprised when someone says "I have never met a gay person before " in 2023
But well done for this insight and revelation. Its good to understand when something is not the big deal some people make it out to be
You do understand that homosexuals represent, at best, a mere 2% of the United State's population and that number is relatively consistent across most developed nations?

"7.2% of the U.S. adult population is lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or something other than heterosexual."

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/06/23/5-key-findings-about-lgbtq-americans/

https://nypost.com/2023/04/18/gen-z-women-identify-as-bisexual-in-unprecedented-numbers/
"A new analysis of Census Bureau data reveals that between 19% and 22% of women aged 18 to 25 identify as bi..."

Young, college-aged women are staggeringly over-represented among those who identify as LGBTQ, for various reasons, heavily skewing the numbers among Americans. As you can see for yourself, the amount of legitimate homosexuals (lesbian or gay) is only 38% of the 7.2% of all Americans; mathematically, that would be 2.69% of Americans or 9,145,907 of the 339,996,563 recorded in the 2023 census.

9.1 million is just scarcely more than the estimated population of New York City and scarcely enough to merit every American having "met a gay person before" in 2023 or otherwise. By compare...

I do not work with a single person of even partial Asian heritage nor are there any Asian families in my hometown.​

Not a single person in my family smokes, nor anyone with whom I work, nor have I so much as seen anyone smoking in the past year.​

I do not know anyone who is Jewish, nor have I ever seen a synagogue erected in any city in which I've resided.​

Statistically, the sheer glut of homosexual representation is absurd and thus encountering someone who has never met one isn't the exception, it's the rule. Most people are not homosexual. The overwhelming majority of men, in particular, find homosexuality disgusting and exhibit the same response when shown two men kissing as when presented with rotting flesh, maggots and spoiled food. If people are making a "big deal" out of it, that's because the degenerate practice is abhorrent to them on a visceral level and no amount of indoctrination or propaganda can overwhelm that fundamental principle.
"Folks, the Realms have ALWAYS had characters (mortals and deities) who crossdressed, changed gender (and not just to sneak past guards in an adventure, by way of shapeshifting magic or illusions), were actively bisexual, and openly gay. How underscored this was by TSR and later Wizards varied over time, and was always softpedaled, because D&D wasn’t a sex game, and we generally don’t rub the reader’s nose in sex unless there’s a good in-story reason for it.

But even deities have changed gender, sometimes for good, and the servants of deities (Elminster, in ELMINSTER: THE MAKING OF A MAGE) have sometimes been forced by the deity to “spend time as the other” to learn what life is like."

Ed Greenwood.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Folks, games have always had characters giving stuff away for free. That's why our game unabashedly pushing communism is completely normal.

This game seems to be for females, and weak men, the kind who dream of something dubbed a muscle mommy. No strong masculine male companions, to scare the said weakling. All except maybe the druid(didn't bother interacting with that one much) act like a flamboyant femboy. Meanwhile you have hypermasculine frog and big angry muscly thiefling to cater to said masochistic betas. The main character body language and facial expressions in most dialogue look like it's about to soil itself, constantly looks like it's surprised and afraid of everything, like a soyboy incarnate.

Since I don't care about playing dressup, and don't care about spending time on character appearance. I just hit random for a couple of minutes as a parade of tumblr rejects strode past, before autogen finally came up with something that didn't make me want to puke.

Reason for those choises in game desing being what they are, clicked into place when I saw that clip from game awards, where Sven stood up to accept the accolades. The Pink haired troll looking female gazing at him lovingly couple of seats over and clapping like a trained seal, seems to be his kid or some high level worker in the company. Exactly the kind of woketard looking person, that would champion all those choises.

Yes, writing is not that great and late game is pretty damn rushed, but I would have suffered through it if I had some companions that I actually liked and a main character who didn't always come off as a spineless beta gimp.

Starting at such a low level, while most characters have backstories of well acomplished adventurers was also utterly ridiculous. A shar priestess chosen for this vital mission, 200 year old vampire spawn, mystras chosen all lvl1-2 mooks. A lvl3 "feared demon slayer" etc.

That "karmic dice" bullshit being on by default and not being mentioned when starting a game, was a garbage move as well. Sure it's probably better for casual trash, but being competent was actually punished.

Just a couple of random thoughts about this game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's not entirely the case. There are numerous difficulties when trying to ascertain the "true" number of LGBT people because of various reasons. First of all, the surveys are always self-reported and the questions are very specific (i.e. "do you identify as LGBT?"), which we've come to realize isn't the best way to gauge this. There are a lot of people, especially men, who sleep with the same sex but identify as straight. Second of all, there's still a stigma attached to being LGBT in the whole world, regardless of how progressive a nation might seem to outsiders and non-LGBT people, trust me on this, so this might deter a lot of people from openly admitting to that. Third of all, there seems to be a huge discrepancy between gen Z and all the other generations before them (old people might not even be familiar with the terminology or might not know they are gay btw), and this has been observed in basically all developed nations. In the UK, 23% of people identify as "not 100% straight". What does all of that mean? I don't know and neither does anyone else because there's at least 5 different ways to think about sexuality, so even if you strap a device on everyone ever to monitor their activity you still wouldn't know exact numbers or how to interpret them.

Last edited:

AlwaysBrotoMen

Educated
While all you guys ponder over transgender ideology, there is a new sex known as abrosexual where sexual identity changes from time to time.
Imagine the rpg stats for abrosexual individual.
One day i will be a male character then the next day i will turn into a female and the next day i will be asexual.

Maybe next time there will be a new set of individuals turning into bear and having bear sex as in baldurs gate 3.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...ains-little-known-sexual-identity/ar-AA1m65nf

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't go down that rabbit hole, it's not a thing people actually identify as and all of the other terms for sexuality (aka MOGAI) died out a while ago because they were essentially unusable or not practical.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Folks, games have always had characters giving stuff away for free. That's why our game unabashedly pushing communism is completely normal.
Funny, but the Forgotten Realms has always been a wretched excuse for a setting, made semi-palatable only because TSR largely sanitized the setting and provided it with far more depth than existed in Ed Greenwood's conception. Post-TSR, the Forgotten Realms reverted back to what it had been, a vehicle for Greenwood's fetishes applied to a RenFaire LARP, while simultaneously being updated to Current Year standards.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

"Folks, the Realms have ALWAYS had characters (mortals and deities) who crossdressed, changed gender (and not just to sneak past guards in an adventure, by way of shapeshifting magic or illusions), were actively bisexual, and openly gay. How underscored this was by TSR and later Wizards varied over time, and was always softpedaled, because D&D wasn’t a sex game, and we generally don’t rub the reader’s nose in sex unless there’s a good in-story reason for it.

But even deities have changed gender, sometimes for good, and the servants of deities (Elminster, in ELMINSTER: THE MAKING OF A MAGE) have sometimes been forced by the deity to “spend time as the other” to learn what life is like."

Ed Greenwood.
Greyhawk>Forgotten Realms.
Forgotten Realms is Ed Greenwood's magical realm where he could live out his fantasies...
Mostly those of a sexual kind.

Self-Ejected
This game seems to be for females, and weak men, the kind who dream of something dubbed a muscle mommy. No strong masculine male companions, to scare the said weakling. All except maybe the druid(didn't bother interacting with that one much) act like a flamboyant femboy. Meanwhile you have hypermasculine frog and big angry muscly thiefling to cater to said masochistic betas. The main character body language and facial expressions in most dialogue look like it's about to soil itself, constantly looks like it's surprised and afraid of everything, like a soyboy incarnate.

Since I don't care about playing dressup, and don't care about spending time on character appearance. I just hit random for a couple of minutes as a parade of tumblr rejects strode past, before autogen finally came up with something that didn't make me want to puke.

Reason for those choises in game desing being what they are, clicked into place when I saw that clip from game awards, where Sven stood up to accept the accolades. The Pink haired troll looking female gazing at him lovingly couple of seats over and clapping like a trained seal, seems to be his kid or some high level worker in the company. Exactly the kind of woketard looking person, that would champion all those choises.

Yes, writing is not that great and late game is pretty damn rushed, but I would have suffered through it if I had some companions that I actually liked and a main character who didn't always come off as a spineless beta gimp.

Starting at such a low level, while most characters have backstories of well acomplished adventurers was also utterly ridiculous. A shar priestess chosen for this vital mission, 200 year old vampire spawn, mystras chosen all lvl1-2 mooks. A lvl3 "feared demon slayer" etc.

That "karmic dice" bullshit being on by default and not being mentioned when starting a game, was a garbage move as well. Sure it's probably better for casual trash, but being competent was actually punished.

I am still confused about this notion of what strong men are supposed to be according to the codex.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I am still confused about this notion of what strong men are supposed to be according to the codex.
20 str or above, 5e

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom