Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Vatnik Wumao
image.png

Gut gives you the Sleep potion, if you refuse she casts Sleep on you anyway and you don't get a roll to resist either. REACTIVITY LUL
If I remember correctly there is no saving throw against sleep.
Not the point you mong
I refused it and didn't get sleep cast on me. Can't recall the dialogue choices that I've picked during that encounter tho.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'm confused about Gayle.

What exactly he holds in his bum? A piece of the original weave that was trapped inside a netherese spellbook? Or a netherese orb. Sometimes it's just weave, sometimes it's orb.

Did I misunderstood something, or this is confusing leftover after rewrites?
"Netherese" is just code for "It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit"
Despite, of course, there being lore what the Netherese were up to

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Do you realize Baldur's gate is the most Cosmopolitan place of all sword coast?
Again, whites male humans are almost non-existent until you get to Baldur's Gate. And even there, they're a minority.

Call it as cosmopolitan as you like, but that's not accurate. Baldur's Gate shouldn't be loaded with half-orc and tiefling gaurds. It shouldn't be hard to find a single white male human NPC with dialog.
You have Thayan Enclaves
And what do Thayans look like? Perhaps not orcs, elves, tieflings and niggers usually?

And why are they "enclaves"? Almost as if the rest of the city isn't Thayan. What is the rest of the city? In BG3, they're fucking everything.
Merchants from Mulhorand
Mulhorand is far from the SC. Having merchants there doesn't mean the whole city will be full of niggers and ruled by a nigger.
Gnomes followers of Gond
Again, I am not comlaining about other races being there. There were gnomes there in BG1. Big deal. It's about the makeup of the city being more Diverse than New York.

None of this shit explains BG being white human males being a vast minority.
The fact the old games depict BG has a majority of white people
What is a majority? It's more than 50%. You don't even see 40% of the city being white. Not even 30%. Who's a white human male there in BG3? Lorroakan? The drag queen-looking main villain?

Everyone else, from the Duke to his guards to the nigger elf counselor you rescued from the inn are something else. That's not natural in a medieval setting. Air travel doesn't exist. It's hard to migrate. So you usually get a local race of some kind or another being at least somewhat dominant. It's how there are races to begin with.

Last edited:

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
image.png

Gut gives you the Sleep potion, if you refuse she casts Sleep on you anyway and you don't get a roll to resist either. REACTIVITY LUL
If you're a half elf, elf or drow you can't be forced to sleep even if you drink the potion and she just attacks you so there's definitely some reactivity, and her casting sleep on non elven races if her attempt to get them to drink the potion doesn't work makes sense to me logically because obviously she'd rather take you down without a fight

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I can't wrap my mind around why anybody likes Lae'zel. I did both a pro and anti Lae'zel run to completion and she's just 100% bitch all the way through.

Her dialogue is literally just:

• Do this or I keel you!
  • Muh Queen!
  • Muh Orpheus!

:nocountryforshitposters:
She's funny by virtue of being so over the top megaedgy

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
image.png

If you're a half elf, elf or drow you can't be forced to sleep even if you drink the potion and she just attacks you so there's definitely some reactivity, and her casting sleep on non elven races if her attempt to get them to drink the potion doesn't work makes sense to me logically because obviously she'd rather take you down without a fight
I fully expected no reactivity from being an elf, so at least that's good. By all rights I should get a reaction to her casting though.
Compare this to the interaction with Nettie when you steal her potion beforehand.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Game says I get "better versions" of some spells but... I don't?
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking for, you just have to select the level when casting it:
It says during level up that some spells are "better" for me and marked green, because I got them from my Cleric Domain. The tooltip says they're exactly the same though.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

Rhobar121

Scholar
image.png

I fully expected no reactivity from being an elf, so at least that's good. By all rights I should get a reaction to her casting though.
Compare this to the interaction with Nettie when you steal her potion beforehand.
Almost certainly if you pass the check and figure out what the potion is, you can attack her right away.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking for, you just have to select the level when casting it:
It says during level up that some spells are "better" for me and marked green, because I got them from my Cleric Domain. The tooltip says they're exactly the same though.
I think it just means you know the spell from another source, but I'm not sure.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
What domain?
War

most certainly if you pass the check and figure out what the potion is, you can attack her right away.

Options were "Okay", "No" and "That's a Sleep Potion".
It don't matter, point is, not the same reactivity as elsewhere. Because that's marketing bullshit too.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Honestly, there's some truth to that.
The population of Baldur's Gate was always dominated by humans, though other races such as elves, dwarves, and to a lesser extent some drow, settled within the city and were not looked upon differently.[10] The older districts of the Upper City and Lower City were quite diverse, while newer neighborhoods and those of the Outer City saw some homogenization along ethnic and racial lines. While no race was outright banned, more-monstrous humanoids such as trolls, ogres and orcs were a rare sight indeed.[16]

As anyone was welcome to visit or conduct business in The Gate, its population continually swelled as the city's geographical size grew well beyond its walls. How the city did not collapse upon itself, was unfathomable to many.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Baldur's_Gate#Population
Told you.
Told me what? "Always dominated by humans" doesn't sound like "there's a shitload of every race there and you're going to struggle to interact with a white human male".

Lmao that nu-D&D lets fucking orcs, trolls and ogres wander the streets. 4th edition btw. Can't ban anyone. Diversity, you see! :lol:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Honestly, there's some truth to that.
The population of Baldur's Gate was always dominated by humans, though other races such as elves, dwarves, and to a lesser extent some drow, settled within the city and were not looked upon differently.[10] The older districts of the Upper City and Lower City were quite diverse, while newer neighborhoods and those of the Outer City saw some homogenization along ethnic and racial lines. While no race was outright banned, more-monstrous humanoids such as trolls, ogres and orcs were a rare sight indeed.[16]

As anyone was welcome to visit or conduct business in The Gate, its population continually swelled as the city's geographical size grew well beyond its walls. How the city did not collapse upon itself, was unfathomable to many.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Baldur's_Gate#Population
Told you.
Told me what? "Always dominated by humans" doesn't sound like "there's a shitload of every race there and you're going to struggle to interact with a white human male".

Lmao that nu-D&D lets fucking orcs, trolls and ogres wander the streets. 4th edition btw. Can't ban anyone. Diversity, you see! :lol:
Stop giving the foid attention.

VerSacrum

Educated
I really tried to like BG3, but the amount of pozz in it goes beyond the scope of the imaginable and sours its positive aspects and ultimately makes the game unenjoyable. Anyone in this supposed club of grognards who shills this shit needs to jump off a cliff. Decline enablers, all of you.

Oberon

Learned

Arkeus

Arcane
Options were "Okay", "No" and "That's a Sleep Potion".
It don't matter, point is, not the same reactivity as elsewhere. Because that's marketing bullshit too.
I mean that's you specifically wanting her to give you a sleeping potion and then complaining she wants that. I just told her I want to talk to her in her room and then told her she had to die there.

Don't complaing about reactivity when you really are trying hard for something specific to happen lol.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I'm getting reports of off-topic conversation in here so whatever the German words for "Knock it the fuck off" are, well, do that.
Mebrilia the Viera Queen
Clockwork Knight

I know you really want to get back to discussing bear sex itt, but sometimes there are going to be minor digressions, like my one fucking post, which still related to BG3. Try to be patient before calling for a nanny to help you avoid seeing wrongthink.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom