Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
image.png

Shaki

Arbiter
Ya know what? I hope it does win GOTY here. Fuck it. Codex deserves it.
Aka "acceptance phase".
I mean, saying it won't be Codex GOTY would be pure denial. This is a site that last year chose an action-adventure slasher as the best RPG. Also remember Disco Elysium incident? Codex was copying Reddit choices for some time now, and BG3 is the new GOAT of Reddit crowd, finally deposing Witcher 3. There is 0% chance anything other than BG3 will get even close to winning GOTY.

Tihskael

Learned
Ya know what? I hope it does win GOTY here. Fuck it. Codex deserves it.
Aka "acceptance phase".
I mean, saying it won't be Codex GOTY would be pure denial. This is a site that last year chose an action-adventure slasher as the best RPG. Also remember Disco Elysium incident? Codex was copying Reddit choices for some time now, and BG3 is the new GOAT of Reddit crowd, finally deposing Witcher 3. There is 0% chance anything other than BG3 will get even close to winning GOTY.
Todd would like a word.

Day 1 patch is 200mb. Pretty good, it's not making you download the entire game all over again like other certain devs.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Other things that are annoying:

1. For how much this game cost, the UI is ridiculously supar. Its a good thing I know dnd but for a company who talked about needing to 'dumb down' for the masses, talk about info overload.

2. Also, they literally shit on people who play on easy as I heard that you cna't even go multi class on easy because you might 'screw up your character'. FFS, Those people are playing on easy. It shouldn't matter if their mc character is subpar. I play on normal, but that is some ridiculous double speak.

3. NO FUKKIN' BELTS? WHAT KIND OF DND FANTASY RPG IS THIS? Oh yeah, I get it. They want us to play in the nude, and since you don't need to wear pants why wear a belt? Fukkin' retartet.

"Just went to check the Larian forums out of curiosity and as I reach the page it says in size 72 characters "This account has been suspended"."

I got this too. I think they are banning anyone who might dare share any harsh criticism. My last legit post that I remember there was calling them out for how they called anyone who played on easy retartet by not allowing them to multiclass. In fiarness, that one mod absolutely hates me. Ive had 5 messages from the same mod harassing and trying to bully me since I started posting there a couple of weeks ago. It REALLY hates to see their game criticized at all. The thing is clearly a nazi wannabe. Very stalkery hateful rapist murderous behaviour.

Takamori

Learned
Other things that are annoying:

1. For how much this game cost, the UI is ridiculously supar. Its a good thing I know dnd but for a company who talked about needing to 'dumb down' for the masses, talk about info overload.

2. Also, they literally shit on people who play on easy as I heard that you cna't even go multi class on easy because you might 'screw up your character'. FFS, Those people are playing on easy. It shouldn't matter if their mc character is subpar. I play on normal, but that is some ridiculous double speak.

3. NO FUKKIN' BELTS? WHAT KIND OF DND FANTASY RPG IS THIS? Oh yeah, I get it. They want us to play in the nude, and since you don't need to wear pants why wear a belt? Fukkin' retartet.

"Just went to check the Larian forums out of curiosity and as I reach the page it says in size 72 characters "This account has been suspended"."

I got this too. I think they are banning anyone who might dare share any harsh criticism. My last legit post that I remember there was calling them out for how they called anyone who played on easy retartet by not allowing them to multiclass. In fiarness, that one mod absolutely hates me. Ive had 5 messages from the same mod harassing and trying to bully me since I started posting there a couple of weeks ago. It REALLY hates to see their game criticized at all. The thing is clearly a nazi wannabe. Very stalkery hateful rapist murderous behaviour.
I think their webhost got nuked. The account they are referring is Larian forum account, I got the same message and I barely wrote anything there.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Hotfix #1 Now Live!
Version Number: 4.1.1.3624901

Hello everyone,

Happy post-BG3-launch day! Thank you so much for all the love and support you’ve shown Baldur’s Gate 3 – it’s been surreal to finally launch this game after six years in development, and an incredible honour to watch so many of you play and discover what the team has built. We hope you’ll enjoy BG3 for many months – even years – to come.

All that said, Hotfix #1 is coming in fresh: today’s update takes care of several crashes, bugs and much more.

We’ve been reading your reports on issues with saving your game, and have found a culprit – our cross-saves. Bearing in mind this will only be a useful feature come September 6 when the PlayStation 5 version launches (and beyond), we’ve decided to disable it for now to allow us to solve the issue in the interim. You shouldn’t notice anything in-game and Steam Cloud saves are unaffected by this change.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to report these issues to us. As always, reach out to our support team if you run into trouble.

And please keep showing us your Tavs and their adventures in the Forgotten Realms! We’ve been waiting for so long to see what you get up to.

CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
  • Fixed possibly getting stuck in a dialogue in the first confrontation with a major boss.
  • Fixed a rare issue where player character states would not update properly after dying.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur related to one of Astarion's cinematic dialogues in the endgame.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when loading an old savegame while at Last Light.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using the brain reader in the Colony.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause you to get stuck in a loading screen when loading a savegame after dying.
  • Fixed a blocker during Character Creation preventing you from progressing if you chose a Zariel tiefling as your Guardian.
  • Fixed a potential crash triggered by the light system.
  • Added an error message to prevent crashes being caused by mods when starting the game.
  • Disabled Larian Account cross-saves temporarily to solve an issue blocking loads and saves. Steam cross-saves are unaffected.
  • Fixed a startup crash with the Steam API.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when quick-loading a game while a container or corpse was open for looting.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen if an item unlocked a spell for a game entity without stats.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when switching a race or a class in Character Creation.
  • Fixed potential crashes that could occur when closing screens like the options menu or when ending dialogues.
  • Fixed a potential crash when an enemy tries to use the Motivator during combat in the Steel Watch Foundry.
  • Fixed a blocker that could occur if you choose to attack the Emperor during a dialogue after you side with him.
  • Fixed a crash in PhysX.
MULTIPLAYER
  • Players will now correctly join cinematic dialogues that require all players to be present if they were listening in previously.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to listen in on private dialogues using the context menu.
  • Fixed an issue causing players to get stuck and not be able to join a dialogue if someone else is already in a dialogue.
GAMEPLAY
  • Fixed hair physics on drow and elf male strong body types.
  • Fixed an issue causing phase spiders to skip their turn in combat if they're standing on a web that's been destroyed.
  • Fixed an issue with dice rolling, where retrying could cause the roll to fail if you were applying bonuses and clicking really fast.
  • Duplicate spells no longer appear on followers' hotbars and you can no longer customise their radial menus. (Important to note: followers are not companions or full party members.)
  • Fixed Dark Urge randomisation in Character Creation for non-white dragonborn characters.
  • Fixed an issue preventing you from interacting with Withers in one of the camp locations.
UI
  • Fixed issues in cinematic dialogues when listening in.
  • Fixed an issue causing the character models for half-orcs, dragonborn, and half-elves to not update correctly when unequipping armour in the character sheet.
  • Fixed some issues with prepared spells during Level Up, when multiclassing.
  • Hid the version number during dialogues.
  • Fixed splitscreen cinematics showing sampling garbage.
AUDIO
  • Fixed audio issues with grunts, shouts, and moans across gameplay and cinematics.
  • Fixed a line being cut off when speaking to the Restless Myconid in the Underdark.
  • Removed a clicking sound during the credits.
  • Fixed audio levels in a dialogue with Mayrina in the Lower City.
ENGINE
  • Fixed a bug causing textures to appear in bright, neon colours.
  • Fixed a splitscreen issue causing characters to remain invisible after a dialogue ends.
  • Fixed an aspect ratio issue when FSR is active during splitscreen.
  • Fixed surface texture details not updating when changing Texture Detail in the game video options.
CINEMATICS
  • Fixed characters looking in the wrong direction in a dialogue with Mizora.
  • Fixed the Emperor turning backwards in an endgame cinematic.
  • Fixed a camera issue with the deep rothé.
  • Fixed camera and lighting issues with the strange ox at Last Light.
  • Fixed a blank screen in the cinematic when you put on one of Auntie Ethel's masks.
  • The nautiloid crash scene will now play even if your avatar is dead and a companion used the transponder instead.

• Fixed an issue with clipping characters in a cinematic dialogue in the Colony.

• Fixed the avatar's head popping into place in a dialogue in the Colony.

• Fixed Cazador's staff disappearing in a cinematic dialogue.
  • Fixed a camera that was zoomed in too far on a wolf.
  • Fixed Lae'zel's head popping in a dialogue with Vlaakith.

• Fixed Orin and her victim clipping into an altar.
  • Fixed a blocked camera in the dialogue with Lunkbug and Laridda.
  • Fixed companions disappearing the morning after the Dark Urge gives into a particular Urge.
  • Fixed lighting issues in a scene with Z'rell at Moonrise Towers.
  • Fixed Araj's hands clipping when talking to her in the Lower City.
  • Fixed some companions being visible in the background of dialogues where they shouldn't be.

• Fixed Ketheric's corpse standing back up in an idle pose.
  • Fixed a blocked camera in the dialogue with the ogres at the Blighted Village.
  • Fixed Raphael popping during the dialogue with the orthon.
  • Fixed camera, audio, and character movement issues in the dialogue with the monk's amulet.
  • Fixed a looping animation in the cinematic dialogue with the Brewer.
  • Fixed half-orc hirelings clipping when speaking to the pale individuals in Fraygo's Flophouse.
  • Fixed male halfling Dark Urge's hand clipping through his body when lying down.
  • Fixed lighting issues in the endgame cinematic.
  • Fixed Jaheira having jittering and popping hands in a dialogue in the Lower City.
  • Fixed a repeating animation on the submersible.
  • Fixed Wyll looking in the wrong direction when recruited.
  • Added reactions to the player character's face when talking to the ox in Last Light.
  • Fixed clipping between two Zealots of the Absolute in the Colony.

• Fixed popping issues with Cazador in several dialogues with Astarion.
  • Fixed some issues with where characters are facing, animations, and cameras in the final combat cinematic.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
loaded up the game, got greeted with penis options. This is most certainly a new low for RPG's. The vitiligo slider is just deliciously retarded. Also, someone who has never seen a pussy up close designed those vaginas.

Those faces look very prosperous up close during cinematics. Hide The Pain Gale is especially hilarious.

Freed the gith, now my UI has disappeared. I remember running into this what, two years ago? Anyway, I don't remember if it's a known bug and what to do about it. That was a fun 20 minutes of playtime (gameplay, actual time in game was much longer because it runs like dogshit).

:thumbsup:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, um, when does this HUEG ASS version number in the corner get removed? This isn't early access (or Windows 7) anymore.

I am honestly still waiting for somebody to post a gif of Shadowheart getting mounted by a wolf. A SHAPESHIFTED wolf, of course... lol

This is Larian, after all.

Worst I've seen so far was a bugbear fucking an ogre.

Shaki

Arbiter

I think their webhost got nuked. The account they are referring is Larian forum account, I got the same message and I barely wrote anything there.
My Theory: they paid DarkUnderlord tree fiddy for the data of all Codex users and IPbanned everyone who posts here

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
MULTIPLAYER
  • Players will now correctly join cinematic dialogues that require all players to be present if they were listening in previously.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to listen in on private dialogues using the context menu.
  • Fixed an issue causing players to get stuck and not be able to join a dialogue if someone else is already in a dialogue.
What really, direly, needs fixing is the fact that you can stand next to each other in split screen and the screen won't de-split, like it already was working in D:OS2.

Gerrard

Arcane
>Have two women in camp

>They instantly start catfighting and thirsting over player's cock

What did they mean by this?

:philosoraptor:
Interesting, so this game is made for incels? (presumably by incels as well)
I wonder when those publications like Kotaku that cry any time you can see a piece of exposed skin from an attractive female character in a video game will start slamming it for being a male power fantasy.
Surely it will happen any minute.

Reinhardt

Arcane
GAMEPLAY
  • Fixed hair physics on drow and elf male strong body types.
That's fucked up!! They called the body type "male strong" when bodies can't even have a gender and also real strength comes from the heart which you can't see from the outside.
nah, what REALLY fucked up is calling elf "male" and "strong"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom