Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Playing the game. Took just over an hour to download.

Early thoughts.... playable, but no classic.

Best parts of the game are the dnd. The fujrther they go away from dnd the worse it is.

I've already killed 2 of the 5 companions I've met.

The narrator is, at best, bland, at worse chalkboard torture.

This game reeks of DOS.. both the good and the bad.

The fact you can't normally kill/attack through dialogue normally even when it would make sense is dumb.

I have to admit... Shadownheart is not the worst character ever. But... then again... maybe her flashing her naked T1Ts at me are distracting me from giving an unbias opinion. Whaticing the gith being executed by literal half demons after she repeatedly threatened me then cryin about 'how I betrayed her' is entertaining.

The music is actually really good.

Lack of rolling for stats and hps - ESPICIALLY HP - is dumb. All characters of the same class are basically the same unless you purposefully decided to go outside the box.

With the new racial ASI, there is near zero reason to pick a shield dwarf over a gold dwarf. Yeah, a chain shirt wearing mage is fun enough, but mages already have spells for that.

ANOTHER FUKKIN' BEACH START? ORIGINAL.

This game has to have the worst level up screen I have ever seen in any dnd or even any non dnd rpg. :D

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
OK, now I'm in ragequit mood. Two things:-

1) trying to avoid slut/faggot shit in camp discussion options is like looking for a fucking needle in a haystack - every option seems to be about fucking furthering the fucking "relationship" - or just fucking. It's worse than those discussions with Sosiel in PFWOTR, the devs seem to be determined to get degenerate shit going asap. (Although it has to be said my character is incredibly handsome and attractive, so I can hardly blame them :) ).

2) The camp is gigantic and luxuriously appointed - when the fuck did we pick up all that shit? We should barely be able to get a cooking pot and some shitty rags together. It's like a "luxury camp" mod ffs.

On the plus side, I enjoyed that wee Harpy fight.

The camp is a clusterfuck of bad decisions. Just layers of shit. Like missing out on huge chunks of the story and plotline cutscenes if you don't rest after every dialogue. Which makes no sense. The average player will be missing out on 90% of companion-related story, some of which isn't really optional and was meant to be part of the core storyline (for example, tadpole stuff).

The whole game feels like a wildly ambitious pile of nonsense. Like, there are a lot of cool ideas in there, but it doesn't gel, has tons of design flaws, and there's no "soul". I find myself just not really caring what happens, there's no anchor to lock onto, despite a few cool moments here and there.
afbeelding.png

HammyTheFat

Scholar
The camp is a clusterfuck of bad decisions. Just layers of shit. Like missing out on huge chunks of the story and plotline cutscenes if you don't rest after every dialogue. Which makes no sense.
Is this why shadowheart was telling me "you've probably noticed im afraid of wolves" despite never seeing or getting into combat with any

Lemming42

Arcane
Playing this like Commandos now. Stealth-KO all the stragglers, never actually get into combat, muahahaha. I'm playing it all WRONG and I'm having a great time.

Lol @ the crime system. A guard actually watches me knock his friend out, his comrade's blood-soaked limp body is lying at my feet, and I'm like "[DECEPTION] Maybe you're imagining things" and I'm let off without charges, before knocking the arresting officer out.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
OK, now I'm in ragequit mood. Two things:-

1) trying to avoid slut/faggot shit in camp discussion options is like looking for a fucking needle in a haystack - every option seems to be about fucking furthering the fucking "relationship" - or just fucking. It's worse than those discussions with Sosiel in PFWOTR, the devs seem to be determined to get degenerate shit going asap. (Although it has to be said my character is incredibly handsome and attractive, so I can hardly blame them :) ).

2) The camp is gigantic and luxuriously appointed - when the fuck did we pick up all that shit? We should barely be able to get a cooking pot and some shitty rags together. It's like a "luxury camp" mod ffs.

On the plus side, I enjoyed that wee Harpy fight.

The camp is a clusterfuck of bad decisions. Just layers of shit. Like missing out on huge chunks of the story and plotline cutscenes if you don't rest after every dialogue. Which makes no sense. The average player will be missing out on 90% of companion-related story, some of which isn't really optional and was meant to be part of the core storyline (for example, tadpole stuff).

The whole game feels like a wildly ambitious pile of nonsense. Like, there are a lot of cool ideas in there, but it doesn't gel, has tons of design flaws, and there's no "soul". I find myself just not really caring what happens, there's no anchor to lock onto, despite a few cool moments here and there.

Yeah those two things have completely blasted the nice, hazy sense of immershun I was building up. Sooooo jarring.

deama

Prophet
Anyone else having the no audio/sound issue? The logo sound plays fine but then in the main menu there's no sound, and when I try and start a new game, still no sound.

I tried multiple sources, both hdmi and just from audio jack, nothing works.

Tried updating nvidia drivers, tried switching to studio drivers.

Restarted PC a few times.

Anyone got any ideas?

You got Windows Sonic for Headphones enabled? Disable it.
Nope, don't have that enabled, tried enabling it, still no dice.

Just tried and rolled back to previous nvidia driver version, no dice still.

tried changing from 48khz to 44khz, and tried from 24 bit to 16 bit, nothing makes a difference wtf!

Reinstall the latest graphics driver (v536.67) again and restart Windows. According to a quick search, this seems to fix the problem.

Edit: Also skip Steam/GOG and launch the executable (bg3_dx11.exe) directly.
Nope, doesn't work still, reinstalled new drivers, restart windows, and tried the .exe directly, still not working.

ferratilis

Magister
Not only that.
DOS2: You are a prisoner on a ship, the ship crashes, you end up on a beach, your main goal is to remove the source collar from your neck.
BG3: You are a prisoner on a flying ship, the ship crashes, you end up on a beach, you have to find a way to remove a tadpole from your brain.
Omg 11/10 writing, GOTY. I'm kidding, but even the biggest Larian shills must admit it's a lazy premise.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Playing the game. Took just over an hour to download.

Early thoughts.... playable, but no classic.

Best parts of the game are the dnd. The fujrther they go away from dnd the worse it is.

I've already killed 2 of the 5 companions I've met.

The narrator is, at best, bland, at worse chalkboard torture.

This game reeks of DOS.. both the good and the bad.

The fact you can't normally kill/attack through dialogue normally even when it would make sense is dumb.

I have to admit... Shadownheart is not the worst character ever. But... then again... maybe her flashing her naked T1Ts at me are distracting me from giving an unbias opinion. Whaticing the gith being executed by literal half demons after she repeatedly threatened me then cryin about 'how I betrayed her' is entertaining.

The music is actually really good.

Lack of rolling for stats and hps - ESPICIALLY HP - is dumb. All characters of the same class are basically the same unless you purposefully decided to go outside the box.

With the new racial ASI, there is near zero reason to pick a shield dwarf over a gold dwarf. Yeah, a chain shirt wearing mage is fun enough, but mages already have spells for that.

This game has to have the worst level up screen I have ever seen in any dnd or even any non dnd rpg. :D
No HP roll prevents the game from becoming unplayable, if you're unlucky.
It's not that hard, I managed to fail the test with an advantage by rolling 2x1.

Rolling stats is a meme that completely removes any challenge from the game.
We all know that players will keep rolling until their stats are high enough.

As for the other complaints, this is exactly what it looks like in 5e.

Zeriel

Arcane
The camp is a clusterfuck of bad decisions. Just layers of shit. Like missing out on huge chunks of the story and plotline cutscenes if you don't rest after every dialogue. Which makes no sense.
Is this why shadowheart was telling me "you've probably noticed im afraid of wolves" despite never seeing or getting into combat with any

First camp dialogue I ever had was people acting as if we had traveled together for several months. Being more balanced about this, while the cutscene skipping is a huge problem and was reported in EA as early as 2020, this is also largely a result of bad writing. Larian just decided they were going to leap from "people meeting each other" to "people acting as if they've been on the road together for 10 years" in the span of going from the nautiloid ship to 50 meters away.

I find it sad because some of the writing is really good. There's a lot of cool details that give the player agency that no other developer at this level would bother with. But the pacing is completely off.

Admittedly I had some of a similar feeling in DOS 1 & 2. I don't know what happened between DKS and DOS, but DKS was a lot better at giving the narrative time to breathe and let you grow in the setting before progressing things too much.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
If you didn't see the benis option when making a character and have therefor the default benis, are you a dicklet in game?
What's are good multiclass builds for vengeance paladin and why?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are potions plentiful in this game? I have been very liberal with the use of health potions. This dungeon was fairly fun to explore. Got the Talk with Undead Amulet here.
CAA52ADD38460AE1CDD0C60699259B64DEBE7AAF

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Not only that.
DOS2: You are a prisoner on a ship, the ship crashes, you end up on a beach, your main goal is to remove the source collar from your neck.
BG3: You are a prisoner on a flying ship, the ship crashes, you end up on a beach, you have to find a way to remove a tadpole from your brain.
Omg 11/10 writing, GOTY. I'm kidding, but even the biggest Larian shills must admit it's a lazy premise.

It's a functional premise. What matters is the adventure.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Are potions plentiful in this game? I have been very liberal with the use of health potions. This dungeon was fairly fun to explore. Got the Talk with Undead Amulet here.
CAA52ADD38460AE1CDD0C60699259B64DEBE7AAF
It's hard to say I haven't found many of them but I'm just in the grove.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"It's a functional premise. What matters is the adventure."

It reeks of laziness. And, if youa re that lazy with your intro, you'll be lazy elsewhere. If a pnp dm pulled this shit, they'd be righteously mocked. It's garbage. Plain and simple. No excuses.

Anyways,...

I still find it hilarious that you can choose penis and pussy but b00bs are unchangable. We need our Carpenter's Dreams and our Dolly Parton ladies (and lads for the scum who like that shit fukkin' gross punks).

Of note, spells are hit or miss when it comes to dnd accuracy. Its rather embarassing.

The druid grove, as the first major settlement, isnt horrible, but not exactly subtle. They could have toned down both the tieflings and the druid psycho. L0L

I know the edgelords here will be pissed but I encouraged the half demon to kill the goblin 'mommy' everyone likes. The moment she went on cooing about her Master was enough. She needs to be exuected as she is dangerous.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

First camp dialogue I ever had was people acting as if we had traveled together for several months.

Yeah this is it. It's like, in my first impressions earlier in the thread, I said I'd enjoyed the fact that the companions were a bit abrasive and spikey, that was good, it felt right.

And now suddenly we're all best buds in a luxurious camp like in DA:O camp after playing halfway through an epic campaign?

Fuck off game.

1) trying to avoid slut/faggot shit in camp discussion options is like looking for a fucking needle in a haystack - every option seems to be about fucking furthering the fucking "adult relationship" - or just fucking. It's worse than those discussions with Sosiel in PFWOTR, the devs seem to be determined to get degenerate shit going asap. (Although it has to be said my character is incredibly handsome and attractive, so I can hardly blame them :) ).
image3-1024x768.jpg

Having characters continue to hit on you after you tell them no would make zoomers cry and shit on the spot because it's harassment.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
"It's a functional premise. What matters is the adventure."

It reeks of laziness. And, if youa re that lazy with your intro, you'll be lazy elsewhere. If a pnp dm pulled this shit, they'd be righteously mocked. It's garbage. Plain and simple. No excuses.
"laziness"

These tards here really don't know anything about game design.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Btw, I am thinking of making frog girl into an Eldritch Knight, but wouldn't be a waste with her poor Intelligence?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom