Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Takamori

Learned
Penis B chads unite

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
t9LEJNm.png

Downloading this datting sim.

Can't wait to kill Astarion, kill Astarion and kill Astarion even more.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Fuck me, I have the version number bug as well. I even deleted the entire Larian folder from appdata before installing.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
From the PC Gaymer review:

Here are a few of my highlights:
  • I'm becoming BFFs with an extremely theatrical vampire
  • I recently adopted an owlbear cub
  • I've embarked upon a complicated romantic relationship with a tiefling whose very touch kills thanks to the infernal engine encased in her chest
  • I've replaced my eyeball with an artefact that lets me detect invisible enemies
  • I consistently talk to the dead and animals, the latter of which are always a laugh
  • I've put on countless impromptu musical performances for gold and applause
  • I've caused more "accidental" deaths than Agent 47
  • I've found several excellent hats

Those are his highlights, mind you.

A telling showcase of what's really important for vidya journos in an RPG these days. All fluff, cosmetic crap and cringy larping bullshit.

And I fear this game WILL try to cater to brainless puppets like this retard.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Took me about 5 minutes to FIND A FEMALE CHARACTER, and even that is dubious, at first I chose a female and couldn't figure out why am I still a male until I finally found you have to choose body type as A (but not B, C, D) as well. What the fuck? EA had normal genders

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/baldurs-gate-3/critic-reviews

:lol: Larian punked the journos hard with this release. Wouldn't be surprised if they get some retaliatory negative reviews or at least snide comments.
NO SPECIAL PRIVILEGES!

I guess they have the excuse that the game was "really" supposed to come out at the end of the month.

Mortismal review mentioned problems during later chapters, some odd behaviour with reactivity and a lot of performance issues.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm watching streamer that has about 100 faster internet and in character creator we have three choices for sex. Male, female, and nonbinary.
How idiotic can this game get?

Project: Eternity
Took me about 5 minutes to FIND A FEMALE CHARACTER, and even that is dubious, at first I chose a female and couldn't figure out why am I still a male until I finally found you have to choose body type as A (but not B, C, D) as well. What the fuck? EA had normal genders
Existence of women is transphobic now.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm watching streamer that has about 100 faster internet and in character creator we have three choices for sex. Male, female, and nonbinary.
How idiotic can this game get?

And even after that you have the penis/vulva gallery. It's not an RPG until you can pick your, equipment shall we say.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Steam and GOG should use the torrent technology to accelerate the downloads.
Steam can use torrent stuff. But considering current copyright idiots, and considering user don't have right for commercial distribution...

Remember, no mater how rich you are and how fast is max speed of your internet. When server has slower speed, your download at speed of the server.

Latro

Arcane
From the PC Gaymer review:

Here are a few of my highlights:
  • I'm becoming BFFs with an extremely theatrical vampire
  • I recently adopted an owlbear cub
  • I've embarked upon a complicated romantic relationship with a tiefling whose very touch kills thanks to the infernal engine encased in her chest
  • I've replaced my eyeball with an artefact that lets me detect invisible enemies
  • I consistently talk to the dead and animals, the latter of which are always a laugh
  • I've put on countless impromptu musical performances for gold and applause
  • I've caused more "accidental" deaths than Agent 47
  • I've found several excellent hats

Those are his highlights, mind you.

A telling showcase of what's really important for vidya journos in an RPG these days. All fluff, cosmetic crap and cringy larping bullshit.

And I fear this game WILL try to cater to brainless puppets like this retard.
This game has 250k players on steam. Welp, that’s it for CRPGs. It’s officially gay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom