Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It seems to be stutterring between transitions. starting conversation, load map or opening inventory etc.
anyone experienced or knows a fix or its just too heavy for my computer?
Are you using an SSD? How much RAM/VRAM do you have?

Gargaune

Magister
You have a 16:9 display, right? Mine is 16:9, 4k resolution. When I started the game for the very first time, the video settings were showing some weird ratio with three-digit numbers. I don't know if at this point there were parts of the image not visible, but I just switched it to 16:9 and it's been all good since then.
No, 16:10 1680x1050. The game correctly detected that aspect ratio from the start, but it's the UI itself that's broken on that layout, nothing I can do on my end.

Reinhardt

Arcane
so i heard shadowheart is a tsundere... i dunno, she is very dere-dere because i ripped that coffin with my bare hands.

Shaki

Arbiter
Gamer girlfriend plays Baldur's Gate 3 while getting fucked and loses gold and companions - cute
I find it hilarious that the single source of degenerate content in this thread are the people (supposedly) up in arms about degeneracy the most.

When the rest of us see a dick-girl we remove that shit off our screens as soon as possible. But you guys seem to become mesmerized by it and just need to take screenshots (or find/look them up) or make whole videos about it.

What's wrong with you people?

"Hurr durr if you don't like pride parades and trannies in your city, you must be a closeted trans homo why not just ignore them like a normal person, why you keep bringing it up??"

Don't fall for the agendaposting of LGBTQWSAD lobby on Codex people.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
-Related to that, the famed reactivity and a billion dialogue choices. Fuck you everyone who has been spreading these lies. Fuck you for EVER insulting bioware games and looking down upon them. To refresh peoples memories, i recently playing both origins and inquisition, so believe me 100% when i say you don't have any more options or ways of answering people then you do in those games.
People comment on class reactivity and class-exclusive dialogue options, which you also mention are there.

Of course, it's far too early to have a clear picture on the reactivity overall, you would need at least two partial playthroughs with different classes and races.

The only post-BG2 Bioware games I've played are DA:O (which specializes in class/race reactivity), DA2 (fixed protagonist) and a little DA:I. The MEs - also fixed protagonist, so that's a pretty lame comparison you are making there.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
Gamer girlfriend plays Baldur's Gate 3 while getting fucked and loses gold and companions - cute
I find it hilarious that the single source of degenerate content in this thread are the people (supposedly) up in arms about degeneracy the most.

When the rest of us see a dick-girl we remove that shit off our screens as soon as possible. But you guys seem to become mesmerized by it and just need to take screenshots (or find/look them up) or make whole videos about it.

What's wrong with you people?

"Hurr durr if you don't like pride parades and trannies in your city, you must be a closeted trans homo why not just ignore them like a normal person, why you keep bringing it up??"

He is also a snitch for the FBI and other federal agencies.
He posted multiple times about reporting the website to the authorities.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
I would still say Morrowind is good. The only Bethesda game that I can positively say I've felt "hooked" on.
Have you tried 'Daggerfall Unity'? With some simple mods like 'Basic Roads', 'Travel Options' and 'Mountains and Hills' the game has catapulted itself to not only the best TES game, but also one of my favorite RPG's ever.

Orud

Scholar
Patron

Nah, I don't like them. I simply don't spend my days looking up and plastering photo's of dicks all over the place to prove my point. If you don't see the difference between that, you probably have other things to worry about.

He is also a snitch for the FBI and other federal agencies.
He posted multiple times about reporting the website to the authorities.
I work for the CIA, the FBI can't cross borders. How else would we be tracking you?

Last edited:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Great my armour that gives me permanent cats grace makes me look like a twink... it has hip windows...

This is what I get for not playing STR.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hotfix seems to introduce new bugs. I'm stuck with dialogue UI (no hotbars at all), fixed with reload), happened 3 times this morning.

Yeah it happens to me as well now and again. Reload fixes though.

Had a Vulkan crash just now

Kiste

Augur
Either way the devil-hunter guy straightforwardly doesn't seem to care, so he can stay on his little chair in the corner of the camp and sit in silence.
I'm not quite sure what the mechanics are, i.e. if Wyll has to be in your party if you meet Karlach, but the way this played out for me was
Wyll's pact patron showing up one evening, citing their contract and then punishing him for sparing Karlach by tuning him into a devil. A devil with cornrows.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I just found gloves that give 2+ AC when you don't have armor and shield. Having 18 AC at lvl 3 on caster is pretty good.

Efe

Erudite
It seems to be stutterring between transitions. starting conversation, load map or opening inventory etc.
anyone experienced or knows a fix or its just too heavy for my computer?
Are you using an SSD? How much RAM/VRAM do you have?
16 gb ram and 12gb vram (6700 xt)
its on an ssd thats not also running the OS

Lemming42

Arcane
Wait for people to finish it first before the edgy opinions pop up. By the end of the year it will be "good for what it is", in 2 years it will be shit and in 10, the WORST GAME EVAR OMG HOW COULD ANYONE LIKE THIS, just like what happened with D:OS2. Or Morrowind.
Surely the opposite happened with Morrowind - people at the time (on here) were ragging on it for being boring and empty and regretting the ways it stripped back and watered down so much of Daggerfall's ambition, then later its reputation weirdly grew across the entire internet until it was held up as some kind of high watermark of RPG greatness. I think a backlash has started in recent years, but its slow going and most random people you meet online still reckon that Morrowind is supremely hot shit and a game for exploding galaxy brain mega geniuses.

(Agreed with Orud's post upthread btw, everyone play Daggerfall Unity, it blows every other TES game out of the water and there's nothing else like it)

Either way the devil-hunter guy straightforwardly doesn't seem to care, so he can stay on his little chair in the corner of the camp and sit in silence.
I'm not quite sure what the mechanics are, i.e. if Wyll has to be in your party if you meet Karlach, but the way this played out for me was
Wyll's pact patron showing up one evening, citing their contract and then punishing him for sparing Karlach by tuning him into a devil. A devil with cornrows.
This finally happened when I took my next Long Rest. I suppose they didn't expect you to go to the camp but not rest, which is when the surrealness occurred.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Wait for people to finish it first before the edgy opinions pop up. By the end of the year it will be "good for what it is", in 2 years it will be shit and in 10, the WORST GAME EVAR OMG HOW COULD ANYONE LIKE THIS, just like what happened with D:OS2. Or Morrowind.
Surely the opposite happened with Morrowind - people at the time (on here) were ragging on it for being boring and empty and regretting the ways it stripped back and watered down so much of Daggerfall's ambition, then later its reputation weirdly grew across the entire internet until it was held up as some kind of high watermark of RPG greatness. I think a backlash has started in recent years, but its slow going and most random people you meet online still act like Morrowind is supremely hot shit and a game for exploding galaxy brain mega geniuses.

(Agreed with Orud's post upthread btw, everyone play Daggerfall Unity, it blows every other TES game out of the water and there's nothing else like it)

It's because Morrowind made it to the Xbox and consoletards had no experience with anything of that kind before so they lost their mind over it.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Since there doesn't seem to be any "Delay action", do you guys know of something that could lower one's initiative for the next turn?

Lemming42

Arcane
6Ry8CHy.png

Loving this graphical touch that we're all drenched in sweat, except for Karlach since she's already on fire all the time anyway.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
6Ry8CHy.png

Loving this graphical touch that we're all drenched in sweat, except for Karlach since she's already on fire all the time anyway.
I love this detail. I have been trying to go as far as I can possibly push it (i.e., characters down to 2-3 health). At a certain point, every dialogue shows the characters covered in blood and bruises.

Repelling Blast on Warlock is MVP.

Mortmal

Arcane
Paladin players might want to check this out

mathGWF.jpg

That's right, I did the math. GWF is now meta.

And lest you all start sperging out HUR DUR THAT'S JUST LATEGAME STUFF even with a basic magical Greatsword that has a 1D8 damage enchantment on it, GWF will add +2.08 damage which is basically the same as Dueling. When you start adding Smites it gets fucking ridiculous, fast.
Clearly superior for other reasons too, you dont want the defense perk instead giving disadvantage to attacks vs your companions as you dont want them stacked together. They throw at you so many bombs and aoe effects stuff you need to spread them and often hit and run.

Mortmal

Arcane

Oh look.
The man who invented the worst attribute system in the history of gaming finds inspiration to maybe create something even worse.

:deadtroll:

Sawyer is just bitter in front of Baldur's Gate 3's colossal success. Pillars of Eternity was a dishonest cash grab, banking on people's nostalgia with its forgettable combat and hardly tactical gameplay. Its character system had small percentage increments to choose from, and the fantasy setting was generic and mundane. On the contrary, Baldur's Gate 3 is the opposite of this; it draws from classics, doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, and uses the 5E ruleset effectively. Larian Studios focuses on the important aspects, such as the great storytelling and truly tactical combat, which surpasses Baldur's Gate 2 and even Solasta since it prevents rest spamming in dungeons. I've always said that Larian is the new Blizzard, perfecting systems and paying attention to details. Features like dirt on blood or sweat on characters' faces aren't necessary but are nice touches. The game has extremely detailed backgrounds with numerous interactable items, reminiscent of the Ultima series, especially Ultima 6 and Ultima 7. Baldur's Gate 3 sets a new gold standard for RPGs, while Pillars of Eternity will be forgotten in the annals of rpg (or rpg games for some of you) history.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Is Pact of the Blade working right? My pact weapon has a lower hit chance than my blast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom