Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Me (22f) and my boyfriend (24m) of 4 years, recently got into playing BG3 co-op! And so far it's been a lot of fun! We've been super invested into the story, and I've had a lot of fun discovering the plot and figuring out the gameplay mechanics with him! However, the trouble started as soon as we ran into Shadowheart in the crash region. At first it was just 'oh she's cute' which I didn't really mind, I mean obviously she is cute, but lately it has gotten worse and worse. He absolutely refuses to swap her out for another party member, and everytime she says *ANYTHING* he can't seem to help himself but remark with something along the lines of 'awwwwh' or 'she's so cute.'

I really didn't mind it at first, but lately it's start to become annoying. When we were messing around with the characters underwear (sorry!) he discovered Shadowheart had a 'bush' (which i do NOT have) and he couldn't help but comment on how 'well designed' it was. Normally I'd never feel like I'd be in competition with a videogame character, but there was an extended moment of awkward silence where my boyfriend didn't talk while... 'examining' this part of her.. it was humiliating! Even after I tried to suggest that we change our party members, all he could say was 'we need the bless babe.'

Fast forward a week later to now, he drove over to my apartment to spend the weekend together as we usually do, except this time was different. It seemed like he just wasn't interested, his words were shallow and short and he came off as being bored the entire time. When we finally turned it in for the night I was excited to show him something Shadowheart couldnt do with him, and he was completely uninterested! He just turned over in the bed and said he was tired, and fell asleep 30 seconds later.

Now that he's back home, I notice he's offline on steam (ON HIS DAY OFF) and he tells me that he's sick. But after checking his steam page several times, I can see that his hours on BG3 are STILL INCREASING. He's hiding his account in offline mode to spend time with shadowheart without me.

What do I do? Do I change class to cleric so he can't use her? Do I dye my hair black like her? I've never been in competition with a videogame character before.
Please, tell me this is not just you having fun and there's an actual source for this gem.

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Evil gives you
- Less experience
- Fewer quests
- Broken/impossible questlines
- Fewer items
- Fewer vendors
- A shit ending
- Shit reactivity

And don't get me started on Durge, which also gives you nothing and all choices regarding indulging your urge are meaningless.
Olwcat has best evil routes , lets go +M(the bar is literaly in the abyss tho)

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Me (22f) and my boyfriend (24m) of 4 years, recently got into playing BG3 co-op! And so far it's been a lot of fun! We've been super invested into the story, and I've had a lot of fun discovering the plot and figuring out the gameplay mechanics with him! However, the trouble started as soon as we ran into Shadowheart in the crash region. At first it was just 'oh she's cute' which I didn't really mind, I mean obviously she is cute, but lately it has gotten worse and worse. He absolutely refuses to swap her out for another party member, and everytime she says *ANYTHING* he can't seem to help himself but remark with something along the lines of 'awwwwh' or 'she's so cute.'

I really didn't mind it at first, but lately it's start to become annoying. When we were messing around with the characters underwear (sorry!) he discovered Shadowheart had a 'bush' (which i do NOT have) and he couldn't help but comment on how 'well designed' it was. Normally I'd never feel like I'd be in competition with a videogame character, but there was an extended moment of awkward silence where my boyfriend didn't talk while... 'examining' this part of her.. it was humiliating! Even after I tried to suggest that we change our party members, all he could say was 'we need the bless babe.'

Fast forward a week later to now, he drove over to my apartment to spend the weekend together as we usually do, except this time was different. It seemed like he just wasn't interested, his words were shallow and short and he came off as being bored the entire time. When we finally turned it in for the night I was excited to show him something Shadowheart couldnt do with him, and he was completely uninterested! He just turned over in the bed and said he was tired, and fell asleep 30 seconds later.

Now that he's back home, I notice he's offline on steam (ON HIS DAY OFF) and he tells me that he's sick. But after checking his steam page several times, I can see that his hours on BG3 are STILL INCREASING. He's hiding his account in offline mode to spend time with shadowheart without me.

What do I do? Do I change class to cleric so he can't use her? Do I dye my hair black like her? I've never been in competition with a videogame character before.
Please, tell me this is not just you having fun and there's an actual source for this gem.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/16f5gmr/boyfriend_likes_shadowheart_more_than_me/

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

My cerebral palsy affects my life far more than my pronouns do, and I'd like to think my dead limb is a more compelling narrative ingredient for creating a character forced to fight their way through the lawless Sword Coast.
Man.. this is just wow

Give me a mid-game "coming out as queer" quest where those demons we wrestle with can be laid to rest with dice checks.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

My cerebral palsy affects my life far more than my pronouns do, and I'd like to think my dead limb is a more compelling narrative ingredient for creating a character forced to fight their way through the lawless Sword Coast.
Man.. this is just wow

Give me a mid-game "coming out as queer" quest where those demons we wrestle with can be laid to rest with dice checks.

I mean.... if you are transsexual IRL, wouldn't you want to NOT be trans in the game? To just be straight up a woman or w/e?
If you are crippled in real life, wouldn't you want to NOT be crippled in your fantasy? At least in your dreams to be fully mobile?

I really don't get it. I don't dream of being myself, with all of my health issues and accumulated trauma. I dream of being godlike. Git gud at dreaming, noobs.

MerchantKing

Learned

Man.. this is just wow

I mean.... if you are transsexual IRL, wouldn't you want to NOT be trans in the game? To just be straight up a woman or w/e?
If you are crippled in real life, wouldn't you want to NOT be crippled in your fantasy? At least in your dreams to be fully mobile?

I really don't get it. I don't dream of being myself, with all of my health issues and accumulated trauma. I dream of being godlike. Git gud at dreaming, noobs.

I should start out with a lot of money in game all the time. They should also give me a large investment banking firm that's a creditor of the royal family. Why won't BG3 let me do this?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Speaking of which, I recently came across the original character sheet from tabletop sessions on which Minsc was based, pretty cool:-

Larian can create a Dark Sun game next and put Minsc in it! +M
Swen will make a Spelljammer game next, and it will have giant space hamsters in it.

tbh, knowing Larian, I'm surrpised they didn't turn Boo into a literal giant invulnerable space hamster with devastating attacks companion :lol:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Speaking of which, I recently came across the original character sheet from tabletop sessions on which Minsc was based, pretty cool:-

Larian can create a Dark Sun game next and put Minsc in it! +M
Swen will make a Spelljammer game next, and it will have giant space hamsters in it.
Another thing for you to shove up your ass.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

Man.. this is just wow

There are some explanation. For some people being trans is part of their identity and what they think makes them special. Compare them to religious nuts who want to play Paladin crusaders purging unbelievers in whatever games they're playing. Or Death Metal fans plaing as edgelord characters. Most of such people probably aren't trans and just needed something to make them feel unique. Also the reason why they/thems a.k.a enbies are so popular. You can be a part of LGBTQ without having to suck dick or wear dress. Best of both worlds.

Another explanation are radical leftists who don't really play games but want to make sure that all forms of media reflect their ideology.

MerchantKing

Learned
Evil gives you
- Less experience
- Fewer quests
- Fewer items
- Fewer vendors
- A shit ending
- Shit reactivity

And don't get me started on Durge, which also gives you nothing and all choices regarding indulging your urge are meaningless.
But you're supposed to side with the demon "refugees" instead of the evil goblins and help make Baldur's Gate more diverse.

volklore

Arcane

Bro, it's not about being trans. It's about being speciul, YOUNIQUE, and have everyone around you be in awe of your bravery and startling UNIqueNess or whatever. It's pretty simple really. Cult of the individual on steroid.

Hagashager

Educated

Man.. this is just wow

There are some explanation. For some people being trans is part of their identity and what they think makes them special. Compare them to religious nuts who want to play Paladin crusaders purging unbelievers in whatever games they're playing. Or Death Metal fans plaing as edgelord characters. Most of such people probably aren't trans and just needed something to make them feel unique. Also the reason why they/thems a.k.a enbies are so popular. You can be a part of LGBTQ without having to suck dick or wear dress. Best of both worlds.

Another explanation are radical leftists who don't really play games but want to make sure that all forms of media reflect their ideology.

Radical leftists aren't pro-Trans. A good number of them are quite Homophobic even. Radical Leftism is "Class-First", as in everything else, including identity politics, is second to the proletarian struggle against the Bourgeois.

If you think LGTQ is radical leftism you've never talked to a Leftist.

Ironically, on the one gaming Leftist board I sometimes lurk everyone there is bitching like you guys about check-box diversity and having no meaningful message.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Evil gives you
- Less experience
- Fewer quests
- Fewer items
- Fewer vendors
- A shit ending
- Shit reactivity

But you're supposed to side with the demon "refugees" instead of the evil goblins and help make Baldur's Gate more diverse.
i exterminated gobbos not because of some refugees, but because it's good and proper thing to do.

Elthosian

Arcane
https://www.dualshockers.com/i-played-dragon-age-inquisition-instead-of-baldurs-gate-3/
“Summing it up, Dragon Age: Inquisition is undoubtedly one of the most complex and ambitious RPGs out there, and venturing into this epic adventure while waiting for Larian's final touches on Baldur's Gate 3 can be a fantastic choice. In my book, Inquisition has secured a spot among BioWare's finest works, and Dragon Age: Dreadwolf is now one of my most eagerly awaited games of 2024, alongside Baldur's Gate 3: Definitive Edition. Frankly, I'm almost jealous of myself for the remarkable gaming year that lies ahead.”

:prosper:

Vyvian

Educated
Complex and ambitious...?
Inquisition was quite possibly one of the most soulless games I have ever played. Nothing grabbed my attention and made me want to play more, everyone was greasy and the characters ranged from boring to outright unlikeable.

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
Because they make an identity out of it.
Got tackled in a few House episodes like this and this.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Evil gives you
- Less experience
- Fewer quests
- Fewer items
- Fewer vendors
- A shit ending
- Shit reactivity

Tieflings are not demons. In this game they’re wypipo. Scare quotes are inaccurate.

Sarathiour

Cipher

Man.. this is just wow

Can someone please repost the wheelchair-wolf shapeshifting form, please.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom